PDA

View Full Version : What 'Project' are you currently working on ?

blackwiggle
21st January 2017, 06:26 AM
Everybody tends to have some sort project or plan of some description, either in early the planning stage, or in the process of getting it done.
So what's yours ?

Mine current one [hell I've few over the last 5 years- pretty much all completed :beer ] is building a new Bicycle.

Anyway, the new project bike is a light weight racing bike, with Shimano Ultegra Di2 Electronic gear shifting, and Hydraulic disc brakes.

I bought a Carbon Fiber frame and fork via Alibarba, for around AUS $830, a damm sight cheaper that any name brand, which would have been in the Aus $3K-3.5K+ at least.
I checked out the internal build using a endoscope, as badly made CF components can suffer catastrophic failure, and on a bike, that's the last thing you want.....anyway, all good.
Over the last few days I've been ordering parts for this bike.
I decided I might as well build one as close to 'State de Art' and as technically up to date / future proof as possible, without going overkill with Dura Ace spec'd groupset, plus it's far too expensive for the Dura Ace Aus $5k+ for what is only a 400g overall weight difference over the Aus $2k Ultegra groupset.

I was going to just buy Shimano disc capable Hubs, a set of rims, and spokes, then build some wheels myseldf, as I already have a wheel truing stand, and a spoke tension meter, but while visiting The Chain reaction site, I ran across their free wheel building service....Brilliant, suited me to a TEE.
Limited options, but they fell within what I wanted, so I went with that.

Problems....
Well finding all the little bits and pieces for this build, as it's not a standard Group-set as normally sold, so I've had to order everything individually, and from [currently 4] different suppliers.

Price differentials can be huge on certain parts, so it pays to have all online shops websites open on your browser at the same time, just to do a quick comparison.

Also the sheer complexity of knowing what you need to get, what works with what, and where to source it from.......Shimano website is good for that, as you can download compatibility charts that will show this [not always 100% correct I have found]

Anyway, at the end of this, I should have a nice Carbon Fiber racing bike with Electronic shifting, and Hydraulic Disc brakes, which if it was a 'Name Brand' would easily cost in the realm of AUS $ 8k to 9k+ for just over Aus $4k

Hybrid Divide
22nd January 2017, 05:05 AM
I'm working on an anime music video using footage from "Attack on Titan". The music I chose is from a Post Rock group called "Of The Vine". And I even got permission from the band to use their music!

The only problem is, editing this video is a TON of work! I've been procrastinating on getting it done. But I'm running out of time, Seattle's big anime convention is in April, and the deadline for video submissions is Feb 17th!

I've gotta get to work!

Hellfire_WZ
22nd January 2017, 08:28 AM
Painting is currently ongoing, as it has been for... well... erm.... I can't actually remember :)

Apart from trying to clear a backlog that just keeps growing, I'm currently working my way through the new Blood Bowl set. I've wanted to play that for years since it went out of print, and now I have it I want to make sure the models are looking as good as they can.

TheConzio
22nd January 2017, 02:12 PM
At the moment I've been working on fixing/upgrading my car as I'm currently a delivery driver for Domino's (we all gotta start somewhere). I wouldn't call my 99' Honda HR-V reliable as something new seems to go wrong/break every month :brickwall , so I've decided to try and save up for something new before it becomes too much of risk.

I've also started getting back into my backlog of games, and realising how many I haven't even played yet :lol

Snakenator1
22nd January 2017, 04:33 PM
I suppose its not a project that I chose to do out of thin air, but for my college course in animal management I have to do an investigative project to complete one of the modules. So I decided on something that I thought could be useful to a specific group of people, mainly arachnophobes.

Project title: Investigating claims that specific stimuli can be used to keep spiders out of homes.

I was told by lots of people that things like eucalyptus, vinegar and even conkers would keep spiders out of homes, so in my project I'm going to study behavioural responses in several domestic house spider species to find if there is any correlation and some truth to the claims. Currently working on how to control all variables except for my independent variable and working on how to calculate the results and find any links between behavioural response and stimuli (probably going to do a stats test: chi-squared perhaps?).

If all goes really well and my project is finished to a high standard then my teacher (one of the scientists who discovered the Kimberley Death Adder!) would like to actually publish the project as an official scientific study which would be f**king awesome :D
Also like to think if my results do show the claims are scientifically true, then I may have helped all the arachnophobes I know.

ThoughtfulSystem_95
8th February 2017, 05:28 PM
Working on a comic and some MMD animations as well.

I can't give you any details about the comic as it's NSFW.

But, the MMD stuff is random.

DIXI200
10th February 2017, 08:58 AM
:D Hi Thoug.. I'm working on a "comic", a private project but I think, this comic .. hmmm.."Pegi 12" :g

mannjon
10th February 2017, 10:45 PM
I'm currently working on a new album. I kind of hit a rut about halfway through my last one and never completed it. Unfortunately the new stuff is nothing like the old, so there is no hope of a complete album.

Light Buster
11th February 2017, 07:06 AM
Currently working on expanding my fictions on this site as well as going competitive in some games.

mannjon
12th February 2017, 03:12 AM
@Snake, for what it is worth, as a gardener, one method to keep spiders out of homes it to plant things that attract aphids. The Spiders will be attracted to the food source. Maybe try a combination of a decoy, and vinegar after finding your baseline control results?

@Conzio... OMG at my game backlog! We practice SCRUM at work (which I am a certified SCRUM master btw...) and my backlog of games could literally not be managed with an entire year of sprints. I made the mistake of getting Titanfall 2 and SKyrim (PS4) at the same time for starters, Skyrim has easily won that contest, but I have dropped enough time into Titanfall to prestige a little. After mastering Northstar, I lost a little interest because people keep trying to play it like CoD.

Then, stupidly, I found a good deal on the new Paper Mario game, which is awesome. Then... I found a better deal on Mad Max and JSTAR Allstars which I haven't even opened either. I also got a great deal on Black Friday for Farcry Primal. I love that too, but have barely started.

Make things worse? Sure why not... In the US, Gamestop does birthday offers, and they also had a "pro day" which meant an extra 20% off of used games. Long story short, I got two used games at 40% off: Atelier Saga (PS4) and the Star Ocean. The same day I also got freakin' Attack on Titan.

Jesus I don't know when I though I would have time to actually play all these, especially with the Switch on preorder with Zelda. All this PLUS, I have a lot of 3DS games I've barely scratched the surface of.

Any chance you wanna come hang out and play some couch co-op lol?

@Dixi, and @ThoughtfullSystem_95... First off, nice to meet you Thoughtful! Good to see new faces here. If any of you need some vector based illustration or digitized artwork, let me know. I kind of specialize in that. I don't charge for awesome people.

@Buster... I can't even begin to touch your zone scores. I gave up! Curious what you are seeking to be competitive at. You fiction is always appreciated here. I have some ideas for some fiction of my own. Lemme know if you might want to collaborate sometime!

@Hybrid.. O.M.G AOT the game is freakin' amazing. I don't normally like action games, but in addition to great UI, the story is told in the process. If you haven't got it already, definitely consider it. I LOVE it and haven't stopped playing it since I got it.

@Hellfire... dude, I would LOVE to get painting again. I'm so jelly of you. We have a dismal space for doing that here. I'd like to see what you come up with!

@EVERYONE... I'm practicing now for Omega. Ya'll better do the same. I can't wait for an AG renewal.

TheConzio
12th February 2017, 11:20 AM
@EVERYONE... I'm practicing now for Omega. Ya'll better do the same. I can't wait for an AG renewal.

Played a bit last night with n0t_nugget, and far out I'm "rustier than a really rusty thing" (Hellfire quote). Will be exciting to see the servers thriving with lobbies again.

Hellfire_WZ
12th February 2017, 09:00 PM
@mannjon I've done the three main Blood Bowl teams, they've come out pretty nicely actually! Working on the Dwarf Giants now

10543 10544 10545

DIXI200
13th February 2017, 08:01 AM
Thanks "mannjon", but my project is almost at the end, from March to April, believe I can place an ad to its release. ;)

blackwiggle
13th February 2017, 03:34 PM
Nice work Hellfire, from what I can see.
Brush or Airbrush ?

Hellfire_WZ
13th February 2017, 04:59 PM
The main basecoat was airbrushed, everything else was done with a normal brush

DIXI200
14th February 2017, 11:35 AM
beautiful, excellent effect white lines on green. The uniforms are "official colors" or personal fantasy?

Saltir3Warri0r
15th February 2017, 09:54 AM
I'm currently working through some software development projects for my college course. Also working on putting my applications to US universities as I plan to emmigrate by the end of the year.

Sorry for the life story! XD

Also trying to find the time to fit in some games!

DJ Techno
22nd February 2017, 03:36 AM
Call it.
Operation Omega Project.

Since the end of 2015.
Had three thefts of belongings and collectable items stolen from me n sold under my nose to places spread out in Columbia, SC it's self. Went thru journeys n police to regain them.

From MTG cards, rare comics/magazine, money, and consol games. The entire Wipeout games n some consols. Al, your ps handheld we traded. Yeah!

The ex girlfriend. A cheat n thieves n liar.

The lost of a house in my name. Don't have roommates n folks who lie about themselve.

Operation Omega. Fix and undo what wrongs went down n make it better.

Just like making up and proving what lies and idea of me in this joint was, by certain person.

Retained only 15 percent of what has been lost. But as I know it's still retainable. Through many ways, even if going after this Sons of a Bit...s. Means making the choice to do serious harm to people again.

At least kept up with other things.

Trying to stay positive instead of a crazy Carnaged person.
Gonna save that while America is dealing with this POTUS named Trump. Not my president.

blackwiggle
25th February 2017, 01:48 AM
My new project is...well it's not actually a project, more of a educated guess of when a event will happen.

It's when Donald Trump gets assassinated, and how..... it's inevitable, just when and where this happens is debatable, and who the perpetrator might be ...most likely instigated by members of his own party that have deemed him out of control.

Hell, I'd hate to be a secrete service person ATM
Just watch the uproar of Trunp's recent ban on certain Media being allowed access to his briefings [Rant's in normal person speak ]
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-25/donald-trump-white-house-bans-several-media-outlets-briefing/8303356

Knux_Chaotix
28th February 2017, 09:01 PM
I dont know if it counts much as a "project" but Im working on me I guess? Finished my group therapy on Monday, feeling pretty good about that despite the fear that I might fall back into a worse place, relapse is part of recovery and its ok I've been told. Hope this is a positive way forward to living as close to a normal life as I can ^_^ Also, Im managing to shed all the weight I put on over the last year. Im good with where I am, but gonna keep at it until Im really happy with things again ^_^