PDA

View Full Version : Control

Task
19th June 2016, 07:25 PM
Grabbed it off Steam and installed, it really does an excellent job of bringing the classic WO feel.
I tried it out with keyboard, and that really didn't fly. Just, doesn't work for me. Nothing new there, rarely have I been able to play a racing game via keyboard controls, but this game obviously needs and deserves a serious controller.

So, what are the options here?
I've read that the XBox controller works well, but I've no idea how to plug that into my PC.

Looking for some guidance!

bigsnake
19th June 2016, 07:57 PM
Hey there, glad you're enjoying the game :)

The game should support pretty much anything you throw at it in terms of controllers, the game by default is setup to work out of the box with an Xbox controller but of course you can rebind everything. I think for wireless Xbox controllers you can get a USB dongle that will allow you to use it, otherwise you can get USB versions. If you have a Dualshock 3 or 4 controller then you can also use those by just using any Micro USB-USB adapter to plug it in then install appropriate drivers. There used to be Motionjoy for Dualshock 3, though I think it has vanished as of recently, for Dualshock 4 you can get DS4Windows which will install the drivers you need and give you a small application to run in the background while you use it.

For older Dualshock controllers you can get different types of converters, Rockfire being the one I have. Using this I've been able to play BnG using a Negcon, the setup is a bit fiddly because the inputs are a bit screwy but once it's setup it works just fine.

mdhay
19th June 2016, 08:01 PM
Just to add onto what Snake has already said- MotionInJoy sends data packets to China for some odd reason and is generally just a bad idea.

I use ScarletCrush, which basically tells Windows you're using a 360 controller. You can grab that here, if that works! (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller)

Task
20th June 2016, 02:08 AM
I haven't got a way of plugging an XBox controller into my PC, but I've definitely got a couple PS3 controllers.

So I tried out that Scarlet.Crush thing, it certainly looks like what I'm after!

A couple of installations later, still not working. The stuff is running, but the game doesn't pick up anything. Dang.

Hybrid Divide
20th June 2016, 06:28 AM
I haven't got a way of plugging an XBox controller into my PC, but I've definitely got a couple PS3 controllers.

So I tried out that Scarlet.Crush thing, it certainly looks like what I'm after!

A couple of installations later, still not working. The stuff is running, but the game doesn't pick up anything. Dang.

@Task
Go here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolkit-XInput-Wrapper-aka-ScpServer-Reloaded

SCP Toolkit is an evolution of Scarlet Crush. It has worked quite well for me with my PS3 controller. Still have to try it on the latest build of BNG, though.

Anyway, this should hopefully solve some of your issues. :)

Task
20th June 2016, 02:17 PM
Yeah, that's the latest one I've been trying. No joy with that one, either.
I've submitted a bug report on the GitHub page, so we'll see what happens with that.
On the plus side, a NullReferenceException is usually really easy to fix.

But, dude, needless quoting...

santuz_rocks
28th August 2016, 03:38 PM
On pc I use a PS2 controller with an USB adapter and x360ce (which emulates an Xbox controller): does it work for this game too?

HusarDPL
1st September 2016, 08:25 AM
Hi,

You should check. If X360CE do not work, try alternative solution - called Durazno. You can find it here:
https://github.com/KrossX/Durazno

From my practice i can tell you it is much better solution for many games than X360CE. Especially for games with X360 Controler Support but without DeadZone settings.

santuz_rocks
1st October 2016, 10:16 PM
Hi,

You should check. If X360CE do not work, try alternative solution - called Durazno. You can find it here:
https://github.com/KrossX/Durazno

From my practice i can tell you it is much better solution for many games than X360CE. Especially for games with X360 Controler Support but without DeadZone settings.

Thank you so much!

Task
14th October 2016, 05:58 PM
Just found out about the Steam Controller the other day, looks like quite the controller.

Has anyone tried it with Ballistic? I'd like a review of the two together if anyone's tried it.

Meg.A.Byte
14th October 2016, 07:54 PM
Just found out about the Steam Controller the other day, looks like quite the controller.

Has anyone tried it with Ballistic? I'd like a review of the two together if anyone's tried it.

I have it, I'm using it since the BNG hit the Steam and it's great for it. It works really well especially because you can set the sensitivity as you may like it. You can try my settings as predefined from Controller settings menu (community settings -> created by MEG.A.BYTE) and get familiar with it. I've set the airbrakes to be very sensitive and fast to trigger, also the arrowkeys to be just touch activated. There is still mouse control set to right trackpad to be used when arrowkeys fail in menu (it happens sometimes due to Unity stupidity) or if you are more familiar with it.

There is one thing that I should try and that's gyroscopic control. That might be interesting and fun, but surely not as accurate and uncompetitive on harder difficulties.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.

Task
25th October 2016, 09:00 PM
That's pretty much exactly the information I was looking for, just wanted to hear that it was a really good controller for this particular game. Now to get one for myself... 8 )

Thanks!