PDA

View Full Version : The Last Guardian - Finally OCT 26th release date

blackwiggle
14th June 2016, 05:25 AM
God knows how long it's been since this game was started, but Sony finally announced a release date for in at E3 a few hours ago, plus a new trailer.

A must for PS4 owners I think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSMnYuKtoS4

blackwiggle
8th December 2016, 08:10 AM
Well it's finally out, and I've been playing it over the last few days.

Very similar to ICO

Controlling TRICO is a bit 'Hit & Miss' ATM, as you have to be positioned on certain places on it's body to get it to do anything specific......it's very much trial by error.

The controls them selves suffer input lag, and the layout if different from other games, so not intuitive, and can make the game seem slow to play.
Also the camera angle, although player controllable, can still switch to the reverse angle at a whim....not great when you are trying to flee enemies.

Anyway, so far pretty enjoyable, but not as great a game as was expected...at least as far into the game as I have got so far.

It will be interesting to see how people get the trophies for this game, as several are various speed runs..... as there is no manual save points, you would have to do them in one run I imagine

JFthebestJan
9th December 2016, 04:02 PM
the predecessor 'Shadow of the Colossus' is one of the most epic games to this day. i have both versions, PS2 + PS3. the PS3 remaster is a perfect example of 'How to do a remaster'! 3D is so good, eyegasm !