PDA

View Full Version : There has been a small update

blackwiggle
3rd May 2016, 06:46 AM
There was a small update on the 14th of April.
http://formulafusion.co.uk/index.php?/forums/topic/479-formula-fusion-update-140416-atlas-torres-track-feedback/

It would seem those at R8 deem the forum members here either unworthy of a 'Head's up' on updates, or either totally disinterested, or so interested / concerned of the games progress that we appear hostile to what has been produced so far [Guilty as charged for the last, same as a few others here]

I have never got alerts about updates for some reason, even though I'm part of the TPP [another idiosyncrasy of STEAM] ..... after downloading and trying this new update just now [2 weeks after it was first put up] I gave it a very brief run, then shut the PC down....still the same annoying problems for me , plus some new one that I didn't bother to find out what it looked like [Speed camera shake at extreme speeds is a new 'Feature' apparently ] :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

Combine that with the Fog effects on one track, Nose flash and Speed blur when running over a speed pad on all tracks,..+ a dash board that takes up 50% of the screen in cockpit view..... I find the logic behind the choice of visual impairment as a feature of a racing game, in the time of HD & nearing 4k UHD gaming , 3D & VR spec'd visual display devices just plain stupid, VERY annoying, and just not worth my time bothering testing.

The impaired visuals defeat any subjective review, as nobody I know of at this forum would race with these effects switch in....so logically, unless they are able to be turned off, I doubt anybody will bother buying the game.

I hope R8 sort this, as the Silence surrounding this game, especially at this forum and in this specialized thread, should be a major concern to them, and should be taken as a harbinger of what they should expect the general gaming markets response will be.

The antithesis of the wipeout similar game we were lead to believe it was going to be.

Hybrid Divide
3rd May 2016, 08:38 PM
I hope R8 sorts this out, too. Certainly not writing them off yet, but I think I'll be putting more of my faith into BNG to carry WipEout's torch.

blackwiggle
4th May 2016, 11:17 PM
Expect a open letter to clarify what's happening at R8 and the FF mission statement, it should hopefully put some minds to rest regarding the state of the game.

purdisc
5th May 2016, 09:23 AM
I will put out a general post before the end of the week clarifying and explaining R8 Games position and intentions for Formula Fusion.

In brief, despite what it might seem like from our lack of communication in some areas, we are very much alive and going strong. We're making a game with AAA production values on a very limited indie budget. Game developing is complex at the best of times.

We greatly appreciate and respect the support we have been getting from the AG racing community and it certainly isn't our intention to piss anyone off.

As I said, expect a longer post by end of play Friday GMT night.

Best

JohnP

Expect a open letter to clarify what's happening at R8 and the FF mission statement, it should hopefully put some minds to rest regarding the state of the game.

blackwiggle
6th May 2016, 02:07 PM
If you want to feel, what I believe is going to happen with FF.

Think of R8 as a gaming house equivalent of the Football Team Leicester City.... at the beginning of the year.:rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRwwCFGwUz0

purdisc
6th May 2016, 05:34 PM
;-)

yeah - just like that but without the Premier League salaries!
More later.