PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout 2097 HD project

XxlforcexX
14th March 2016, 04:06 PM
hi there
Im working actually on a remake of wipeout 2097.
here is the first model (feisar) tell me your though and what you want in that remake :D 10187

Xpand
15th March 2016, 11:39 AM
Looks pretty good, but I gotta warn you: using sketchup for making game models can give you a lot of headaches.

XxlforcexX
15th March 2016, 01:01 PM
Looks pretty good, but I gotta warn you: using sketchup for making game models can give you a lot of headaches.

Haha thanks :lol

im just so fan of wipeout that i can use my health for it XD

AdHoc
15th March 2016, 11:04 PM
That's cool. Do you have any programming skills?

XxlforcexX
16th March 2016, 11:46 AM
That's cool. Do you have any programming skills?

not really but will focus on in once the models ended :D

WikEv_512
17th March 2016, 09:21 AM
Well done ! The ship looks great. But it more looks like the WipEout HD Feisar than the 2097 one :?

Amaroq Dricaldari
18th March 2016, 07:13 PM
You could use the BallisticNG engine as a starting point, programming wise, possibly using the 20th Anniversary build's engine so that you can still have all of the HD graphics, Side-Shifts and whatnot without having to do extensive recoding. However, you will need Sony's permission in order to get away with this (never go commercial).

Alternatively, you could try Unreal Engine 4.

Xpand
18th March 2016, 08:32 PM
Careful with what you're suggesting. Neither SSGX and BNG's engine are fully moddable (BNG only supports (or will support) modding of tracks and ships, that's about it iirc), and BNG's might be open source, but SSGX's isn't. In any case he'd be better off making his own stuff than trying to adapt any of those two (I'm sure nobody would mind giving a hand with the physics).

Amaroq Dricaldari
31st March 2016, 06:53 AM
As I said, then, Unreal Engine 4, CryEngine 5, and idTech 6 are all options. Unreal Engine 4 would probably be among the easiest to work with through the Blueprints thing and it's very nice editor; you could even make awesome pre-rendered cutscenes using little more than a decent graphics card.

All of that said, has there been any progress on this since your last post? Texturing, tracks, other ships?

Amaroq Dricaldari
5th December 2016, 12:40 AM
Is this thing even still alive? Sony is resurrecting WipEout, so approaching them with this might not be a bad idea. It could be released as a free expansion or something along those lines.