PDA

View Full Version : an X-box question. uppercase?

Lance
18th August 2003, 03:28 AM
my next door neighbor just got an X-box [U.S.$180.00]. [it's too bad he doesn't share my taste for sci-fi and anti-gravity] one of the games he already has is Project Gotham Racing [which i find pretty enjoyable]; and since he works 7 days a week, he doesn't have time to work his way slowly through games, he wants a cheat to gain all levels and cars. supposedly there is one, but it requires a drivername cheatcode [Nosliw] that is case sensitive. since the game superficially appears to have only uppercase letters available, how is this supposed to work? is there a way to change case? or is this code just taurine excrement [bullshit]?

btw, having now experienced the X-box directly, i gotta say that despite my spite for MS in general, this is a fine game machine. i am vEry favourably impressed.

way too much black and green, though ;)

they do seem to have learned something from their aborted joint venture with Sega.

and oddly enough, despite my general smallishness, i much prefer the bigger of the two controllers, much more comfortable for longterm use because the full handles keep the third and fourth fingers from clamping down on a small radius and cramping. also, the a,b,x,y buttons are closer together across x and b, making all four easier to work for small thumbs while hardly having to move your thumb at all

AmishRobot
18th August 2003, 12:02 PM
Does the onscreen keyboard have a shift key?

Lance
18th August 2003, 04:26 PM
thanks for the suggestion, James. i don't remember it having one. you can only see one letter at a time [like WO3], and it changes letters by using the D-pad, buti don't think that it does anything in more than one axis of movement. but next time my neighbor is home, i'll have to check for that to make sure. it may be possible that the case of the text depends on whether you move the D-pad side to side or up and down. maybe i missed trying that. i only played the game once, so i'm not yet as familiar with it as i want to be. :)
i'm beginning to think that the code is bogus, but some of our members must have played this game and may be sure if it works or not. i've seen the code on many gamesites, but they could all be copying one original posting of it

AmishRobot
18th August 2003, 07:08 PM
I've only played a few xbox games so far, but all of them that allow name entry use an onscreen keyboard. I assumed it would be the same. I did a quick search on Google and found tons of instances of that code. All of them stipulate they're case sensitive and none of them mention any special method, but with that many listings, it seems that it's legit. Sorry I can't help more than that.

Wamdue
19th August 2003, 06:16 PM
try all of the buttons, there has to be some button that switches the letters to lower case. Im glad you like xbox. I dont like MS any more than you do, but I know nintendo and sony are using just as ugly tricks so I stopped caring about the company behind the console Im playing.