PDA

View Full Version : Acro Storm

ProminenceF
14th February 2016, 04:17 AM
Hello!

Over the past year, I've been working on a futuristic racing game called Acro Storm. It's very much inspired by Wipeout, F-Zero, and Extreme G, with a focus on speed, interesting characters, and online play. We've recently made it to a milestone and I think the game's come along far enough that I'm particularly proud to show it off. Here's a few images.

The game's intended to have 12 characters, 16 tracks, and as of now uncertain number of bikes, which should be customizable.

We're hoping to release on PC, Mac, and Nintendo consoles in the future, and we're considering Steam Greenlight shortly. If you have any questions or statements or the sort, please lemme know. Thank you for your time.

Edit: My apologies. Talk about first impressions...

Ace3000
14th February 2016, 06:41 AM
It looks very nice, but please be warned that you should use the attachment system if you are to post large images.

ProminenceF
14th February 2016, 04:05 PM
Noted. I'll adjust it.

AdHoc
15th February 2016, 03:00 AM
Looks cool, I'll definitely be trying it out as soon as I'm healthy again :)

Saltir3Warri0r
29th February 2016, 11:03 AM
It looks nice!! It's something that I will definitely look forward to playing :D

ProminenceF
29th February 2016, 02:19 PM
I forgot to mention that we have a website as well: bluecometgames.net; you can subscribe to the newsletter and getting advanced information about the game's development and other things like special artwork and the like.

Saltir3Warri0r
29th February 2016, 02:24 PM
I'll be sure to check it out man, thanks!

ProminenceF
7th March 2016, 09:10 PM
So just an update for anyone interested, our website will be doing weekly updates on Wednesday which will go into one or more features of the game- for example weapons, or possibly more in-depth backstory of the game's universe. One of the game's features is that there is a story to it, and this story will be front and center with its own mode to allow a closer look at the characters and their struggles in the racing league. The weekly blog posts will occasionally have features that bring some interesting tidbits about the characters and universe to life that may not be fully expounded upon in-game. We also have a monthly newsletter you can sign up for which will go into close detail about the game's developmental progress for those who are interested.

ProminenceF
28th April 2016, 09:12 PM
A lot has been happening lately- we've undergone a lot of progress, both in level development and in terms of physics and general programming! And for that, we have someone very special to thank- bigsnake, the developer behind BallisticNG, has been helping a great deal with Acro Storm, and it's due to his work that the game has made such excellent strides in such a short time! We'll be starting a Kickstarter campaign soon, and he's helping make the game play excellently in time for it, allowing more time for visual development as well.

(Note: we fully support his development on BallisticNG, and look forward to seeing what comes of it!)

Attached is a special screenshot.

JABBERJAW
3rd May 2016, 02:53 AM
Looks cool

ProminenceF
18th May 2016, 05:26 PM
We're now on Steam Greenlight! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=686640144

NetSphereEngineer
18th May 2016, 10:59 PM
voted :)

ProminenceF
18th May 2016, 11:22 PM
Appreciated. It seems like there's a lot of little things I neglected that I'll have to adjust quickly.

NetSphereEngineer
19th May 2016, 12:35 AM
No problem you deserved it! Your game is still not perfect for now and I would prefer a more serious look cause I'm not a fan of cartoon characters but still I sense something really good :) Just take your time do not rush things and make a awesome game!

Also bigsnake the legend is helping so yeah :)

ProminenceF
22nd June 2016, 01:36 AM
We're now on Kickstarter, and any help would be appreciated! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/868259089/acro-storm-character-based-futuristic-racing-game

ProminenceF
6th December 2016, 05:51 PM
It's been a little while, but we're pleased to announce that we're on Steam, and will be releasing in Early Access in approximately one week.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/546610