PDA

View Full Version : WipEout's impact on music videos...

amber
11th August 2003, 11:39 AM
Hi all!

I just came to remember that the music video for Jam'n Spoon's take on Yello's "You gotta say yes to another excess" featured very WipEout-looking rendered stuff with a storyline consisting mainly of VR-netgaming via avatars transforming from birds onto motorcycles into AG-alike crafts... Anyone else that recall a video that is inspired or features WipEout-related stuff?

/amber

Thruster2097
12th August 2003, 03:22 PM
stating the obvious...... "RESURECTION" by PPK had the ultimate wipesque video.

xEik
12th August 2003, 03:34 PM
Do you recall, Thruster, a conversation we had in the old Flash chat that Inoxicated had made?
I told you that there was a Russian group I had just heard in mp3.com
By then, I thought they could write a song called Qirex.

I never expected they'd turn to be that famous. I still have a bunch of mp3 from them legally downloaded from mp3.com when they weren't really known outside Russia.

Damon
12th August 2003, 03:53 PM
Of course, the video for 'Atombomb' by Fluke was very Wipeout influenced, as it featured footage from Wipeout 2097/XL and an animated cartoon about pilot Arial Tetsuo.

Tammiru
14th August 2003, 09:48 AM
^^^^
which was a very cool video.. stylish, little 90's tho
and if anyone remembers an amusing comedy movie by the name of "Hackers" you'll notice about 1/3rd thru the flick that the main character is indeed playing a wipeout imspired game. However its only pre-rendered fmv, but the style is there.

-tammiru

Damon
14th August 2003, 01:15 PM
'Hackers' was on UK terrestrial telly the other week - first time I'd seen it and it just reeked of the mid-nineties.

The Wipeout-inspired game in that film was of course put together by the same team that were working on the real Wipeout game during 1994-95. If you don't know the story behind this, check out the long and informative post here:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1041

Thruster2097
14th August 2003, 09:06 PM
sorry about our posts being long and informative, damon, I guess thats just the style here. We can make big posts and still be 99% crap free! :D

the video to "the dawn" by "KeeMo" actually IS wipeout fusion. Done due to a deal between SCEE and KeeMo, but if it had a little publicity from SCEE (wink) it might have been a huge seller, since it ties in with one of the most popular games...ever.

@xeik
Of course I recall! That was probably the only time I was ever chatting to someone other than infoxx! WE as a team need to use chat more often. IMO :P

Damon
15th August 2003, 09:31 AM
sorry about our posts being long and informative, damon, I guess thats just the style here. We can make big posts and still be 99% crap free! :D

He he... I assure you my comment was meant entirely positively. I love to read a long post that's packed with info, and the message I was referring to from Jim Bowers was certainly a goodie. I was just kind of pre-warning the guy that he'd have to dig down a bit to get to the info on Hackers. :D

Thruster2097
15th August 2003, 08:16 PM
of course :D