PDA

View Full Version : How's it coming?

Hybrid Divide
16th November 2015, 05:27 PM
So I FINALLY (!!!) was able to download and enjoy the 2014 beta of SSGX. I like it, but things seem to have been quiet from the devs for awhile.

How's it going? Any updates?

:D

Xpand
16th November 2015, 06:16 PM
We released a special unnoficial version (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQFuBQub0yI) on Wipeout's Anniversary. Check the download links in the description.
The reason we haven't been much active is because the game is undergoing a full code rewrite from Javascript to C# to increase performance (as of now only zero3growlithe is working on that, since he knows the code better than anyone else). However, rewriting the code causes a LOT of bugs so we need to take time to find those bugs and fix them. We had a full version prepared for September this year, but the amount of bugs was too much, some even crashed the game (you can sometimes experience that in that WO anniversary version).

We don't want to release half assed stuff, mainly because it's annoying for you who take the time to download it only to get a game that only works properly half the times, and to us by getting angry people cussing at us because we released a game with so many flaws and loosing a lot of whatever credibility we have.

We've also been extremely busy with University and/or work so we can only work for short amounts of time in the game. In my case I can't get enough time to work on something meaningful like a whole track.

Hybrid Divide
16th November 2015, 08:05 PM
No, no. I totally understand! And that anniversary version looks AMAZING! :D (Thanks! Totally downloading it when I get home!)

It's good that you aren't releasing anything before it's ready. That's a good thing! That being said, I highly suggest posting to the official blog stating such. That way, other users will know that SSGX is still alive and in the works. ;)

Thanks for the update, Xpand! :D

q_dmc12
3rd January 2016, 09:35 AM
Good luck with the rewrite, I played around with developing my own AG racer some years back using C# with Unity 2.8. Back then it was very finicky, I have no idea how it is now.

kingpin12345
28th February 2017, 06:19 PM
Sorry for the bump (even though this thread is at the top of the list already), but when is the next release of SSGX coming out, it's been two and a half years?!?!?

zero3growlithe
18th March 2017, 05:09 PM
it's been two and a half years?!?!?

That's exactly how long ago I started working as a professional game developer, and exactly the moment I didn't have as much time to work on the project as I used to have. But don't worry, I can't start any other project if I won't finish this one because that's what I decided, because I don't want to let down any people that were waiting for the game's release :)
I can't say for sure when I'll release a new version of SSGX (not too soon for sure), but I'll do my best to surprise you and make you say "wow!" :D

JABBERJAW
4th May 2017, 10:16 PM
Is the game on steam?

Xpand
5th May 2017, 12:38 AM
No, we never got to that stage. SSGX is pretty much on a deep deep coma, if not to say dead since late 2015. Some of us migrated over to BallisticNG to help. zero3growlithe got a job as a game dev elsewhere and thus has no time work on this either, but he's been trying to get it back and running. I gave him complete freedom over the SSGX assets in case he decides he wants to finish it. But in general SlipstreamGX was too ambitious of a project to sustain as a hobby alongside our jobs, and since the game basically needed a reboot in terms of code and some of the assets, we put it in an indefinite hold.

JABBERJAW
5th May 2017, 01:31 PM
Is there still a way to get it and play it?

Xpand
5th May 2017, 05:39 PM
Here: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?9105-Slipstream-GX-Releases-and-Fixes

NeroIcaras
20th December 2017, 10:25 PM
the controls menu seems broken, when i left click to change controls, the menu reverts to the main screen! any chance of help