Thread: For people struggling to get their PSP's online

Default For people struggling to get their PSP's online

For those like me who haven't got a clue how to set up wireless routers or which type to get or how to configure or whatever, this seems like a godsend. Cheap, simple and easy to set up. Once some money gets through this is blatantly going on the shopping list. Does anyone know anymore about it, ie if its any good?

Thrustmaster WiFi USB Key (PSP)
    by Thrustmaster

This WiFi USB key for PSP enables you to connect your PSP to the internet wirelessly in a fun, hassle free way, at home or in the office. It turns your desktop or laptop PC into a high speed wireless router so that you can connect to the internet via the PSP wirelessly. No need to invest in a wireless router or mess about with your internet connection. Because it is a 802.11 g access point it offers 5 times faster connection than 802.11b (compatible 802.11g and 802.11 b)

With this 'key' you will be able to browse the internet and play PSP online enabled games including SOCOM, Twisted Metal and Outrun wirelessly. Just what the PSP was designed for. It also supports up to 5 local PSPs at one time so you can really take advantage of multiplayer gaming with your friends. Additionally, you can use it with other WiFi enabled devices including PDAs and laptops to access the internet so it's pretty versatile

How do you get started? It's so easy, Thrustmaster has done everything for you. We have included a proprietary piece of software 'Fun Access' which makes the whole process so simple. Just load the software and follow the Installation Assistant's prompts. It takes minutes. You will also learn how to use a URL, save a web site onto favourites, download an image and how to change internet settings. So take advantage of the PSP's potential and get on line with Thrustmaster's WiFi USB key.

Box Contents
    # WiFi USB key (802.11 g and 802.11 b compatible)
    # 1 x Installation mini-CD Rom (with installation assistant, drivers and English manual in PDF format)

http://www.thrustmaster.com/eng/d_prd.php?p=T228
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...teway&v=glance

You might be better off with a Wifi Max as that not only supports infrastructure games and PSP browsing/downloads, but also tunnelling via Xlink Kai, so you can play Pure online in multiplayer. Check out this topic for more information. Maybe the Thrustmaster does support Kai, but it doesn`t look like it does at the moment. Wifi Max needed a driver upgrade to make it work with Kai.
    Last edited by lunar; 13th July 2006 at 10:13 AM.

For someone like me who hasn't yet got a router and really isn't interested in playing Pure online (I know, I ought to be ashamed ), this looks very tempting.

I'll probably see if I can get Kai to work on it if I get one though.

I reckon I'll go for the Wifi Max then to be honest if it's compatible with the XLink Kai. I'll need to do more research on the Thrustmaster (what a dodgy name)