Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omega Videos

Default Omega Videos

to avoid further thread-jacking I started a new topic for these.

Here, for the benefit of non-euro-owning wipers, we have used Lunar Industries` amazing new PSP2PC technology (a pile of cd`s with a camcorder balanced on it, and a PSP held in a contorted postion just infront of the lens because there was no-one around to hold the camera) to transfer some ghastly videos of the omega packs straight to your personal computer for your information and enjoyment.

Burgertown

Cardcity

Paris Hair

123 Klan

The files are all around 4 to 4.5mb so just about do-able for dial-up users. Depending on what monitor you have, you may need to lower the brightness of the image to avoid the detail being burnt out. Sorry for the shaky piloting but that`s my dog flying the ship. Honest.

I should also add that videos at this resolution don`t really capture the amount of glorious visual detail and animation there is in these tracks, nor the amazing subtle sound effects, but should give you an idea of what it`s about.
    Last edited by lunar; 17th November 2005 at 09:04 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

man! these tracks looka amazing! paris hair is like one giant speed rush! I also love the fact that some of the tracks use their own set of boost- and weapon-pads!
    I'm loving it! *dadah da dadaaah*

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

Talking

Nice PSP2PC technology, Lunar. Ur dog was driving? Hwahahahahahahaa!!! Thanks Lunar, u r the first one who helped us non-Euros. Wat trouble it must have been to make ur dog fly an AG ship.

Edit: Hey, ur dog knows how to barrel-roll! It won the race on Burgertown! Amazing.
    Last edited by Distrupto; 18th November 2005 at 11:55 AM.

paris hair is the best

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Fantastic, thanks for posting those (finally). Those tracks look amazing. Those videos are pretty good quality.

The first part of Klan looks very trecherous, could be evil fun in Multiplayer. Cardcity looks like a very fast track, and Paris Hair is rather surreal...

So why aren't we getting these in North America, again? Oh, that's right, because SCEA IS RUN BY A BUNCH OF BRAINLESS NAZI COMMUNIST MONKEYS!!!!!!!!!!! (soooo....how's progress coming on that region decoding?)

*adds european Wipeout Pure to wish list, right after Project Gotham Racing 3 and an X-Box 360*

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

Ur lucky u have SOMETHING, Sven. I dont even have Gamma, Classic2, or Delta.

Paris Hair is just like Proto Zo. Fast and blue-ish purple. The only difference is shape, and the fact that this has strange creatures lurking about with evil laughs. Its like flying through a warp of faces all laughing at you in an evil manner. Cool, nevertheless.

CardCity Run doesnt have one thing that the others have, and that an odd creature standing over the track. Klan has the huge monkey, Burgertown has that whateveritscalled thing towards the end with those jumping fries, and Paris has that place where u get swallowed. Instead, Cardcity Run feels like ur some tiny remote control car running through a warehouse of boxes and loose Cardboys. And I used to think that Sinucit or Sol 2 were wild!

Quote Originally Posted by lunar
    oh man, it is even better than I thought.. I totally wish this pack to come for US version.. it would be really pity if dont..

PSN ID
    madwiperII

i cant seem to view them what do i have to click on?

Damn thats pretty sick stuff.

i downloaded CardCity and 123Klan this morning, and i was impressed at how good they look, knowing they look much better live. and the barrel roll... could lose my cookies doing much of that sort of thing. wheeeeee!!

what speed class is that?

------

username, click the ''free'' button at the bottom right corner.

Timezone
    GMT -5

*checks Cardcity Run clip*

Four lap race, that's either Flash or Rapier, but considering the 40+ seconds lap time even with slick piloting, smart money's on Flash.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

thankyou lance, i have just downloaded card city ---awsome! ---

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

By the longer lap time and the lower amount of boost from the barrel rolls, it looks like Flash to me. The barrel-rolls r enough to make anyone dizzy on Phantom, and Medievil would get totally destroyed by that.

The Klor run is rather shaky driving. Goteki really bombarded that bunch of mines. However the other races were rather smooth driving.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

oh my god on klan1 you can i swear on my life you can hear curly from wip3out say 2? can any of you? take a look now...

Timezone
    GMT -5

The audio range of Curly is very limited, but if you slow down and come to a halt on the spot just before the starting grid, you'll hear "3... 2... 1... GO!" play on a continuous loop

That was Flash. I only recorded one run on each track - so you were lucky to get something even slightly competent on any of them. For some reason when I was making the videos my PSP didn`t play back all of the sound effects on Paris Hair. When you fly through the mouth at the start, and when you`re lining up on the grid, there`s a kind of female moaning sound. Infact I just tested it now and she`s quiet again. I even rebooted the PSP and she`s still not interested. Women! This one obviously gets bad moods from time to time.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

i thought that i heard a woman moaning on your vidio lunar to.
    Drakkenmensch, wont the designers republic be moaning at the wipeout pure creators with there copyright nonsense!

She`s definitely not there. If she is, it`s on the section from the mouth-tunnel entrance through to the exit from that first tunnel, just before the eyes in the roof.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I think that Sony itself owns the copyright in this case, so they're free to reuse it as they will, much like they re-created the classic tracks in Pure and WO3 SE (Good Technology was able to redo 8 classic tracks without being sued by DR)

PSN ID
    madwiperII

my fav part on paris hair is when you go through the tunnle with those purple things looking at you angrily (just after the tunnle that looks like the inside of a peacocks tail and laughter) what is your lots fav part of the video?
    curly says: 3...2...1...reply! lol