Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Is there a reason you chose the team you have?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Dusk118

I chose EG-X because it looks cool. c:

P.S.: I built my skills around it, so I'm damn good at using it, too.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

I chose Feisar at first purely based on it's handling performance and design, but then I experimented with Qirex which I liked for a bit. But that's when I tried out AG Systems, and I instantly fell in love with every aspect of it. AG Systems for life! Oh and also because my real name's initials are AG. I'd like to think I'm pretty pro at it, I've stuck with it for a long LONG time now; ever since I started playing my first WipEout game in fact which was WipEout 64.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

I'm using the Fury Qirex at the moment, but I'm edging towards the Icaras after a few tests say it handles some of my fav. courses very nicely. I didn't know about the hidden stat stuff Hellfire_WZ put in his videos so maybe I'll give some of the HD ships a crack again, see what results I can get out of them if they're not really THAT inferior.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

I actually started piloting with AG Systems, and had a likeliness of them, through HD. Before them, I was piloting Triakis (local pride, I guess), but then I tried AG-S due to its easy handling and decent speed. I've tried piloting the other craft, but I've always come back. It's just my style of racing.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

I've played all versions of each ship (HD & Fury), I'd say either Fury Goteki, Fury Feisar and HD Qirex seems "right" to me. I have this thing for ships with handling and lightweight.
    I don't mind piloting some other ships but they feel odd to pilot somehow, I can't really describe it :/

In Wipeout 3 I loved Icaras for its blinding speed and heavy handling, oddly the HD equivalent stat-wise is Piranha which is my least favourite team. I do like Icaras in HD though despite the different stats. My favourite in HD is Feisar because of how responsive its handling is. Despite it being slower than most other teams, I find myself far in first place whenever I pilot one. Feisar also looks awesome in my opinion, especially the second skin on the original HD model. I also like EG-X quite a lot although I'm not sure why because it handles quite differently to Feisar, I guess I just like it somehow
    Last edited by wynaut; 28th November 2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I like the handling and speed of AG Systems, also the pretty good shielding. I have used it for WipEout 1 and Pulse, opting for the Fury ship in HD Fury.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    I don't have one at this time.

I prefer the Asian teams. I don't know, they feel like perfect precision machines (Asian-Style ).

AG-Systems > Goteki 45 though.

AG-Systems feels full of purity and responsibility. They are the team that personified the sport.

Goteki 45 feels a bit tarnished due to the events in Wip3out. So, I really don't use them.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    kadath001

in HD i started with Feisar, easy choise,
    once i played a while i started to try the teams, and i choosed A-G Sistems,
    i like the handle-speed comb that provides, but on eliminator my choise is Triakis ...always
    Goteki 45 seems a good option to close-curves tracks, like Shengou-P due the grear thrust it has

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Icaras phone me. they tell me "you must play the ICARAS for wipeout HD". So I join

PSN ID
    Aeralys

So I've recently taken favourites with EG-X. Mostly because the dark blue HD ship looks better than all the other ships while driving. Because of this, I've now developed an inability to use ships with a handling greater than 75. I've changed preference from Icaras to Assegai to Qirex to Harimau to EG-X and Goteki.

Based on looks my favourites are dark blue EG-X, blue harimau and chrome qirex HD.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    liquid_kit aka_k_dog

Icaras for speed performance, otherwise AG-Sys, Feisar....

Timezone
    GMT -8

Qirex forever. I just love the way it slides, and makes for some awesome looking world record gameplay...

I dont know, before I unlocked my favourite two, I used EG-X (both variants), since I adored the EG-r and Xios vehicles in Fusion, so seeing them return in HD was a great treat (HD was my next wipeout game since Fusion at the time of 2008, never got to try the PSP games until this year) but other than that? Its all Mirage (the HD one moreso) and Harimau (Fury variant moreso) for me.

I also have a liking towards AG-Systems as well (HD variant, but I like the Fury one just as much). I did a 99 speed lap session (legitimatly) on Moa Therma within the first 5 days of owning the game, without even realising it was a trophy requirement!

I love how these ships handle, with the Mirage handling with grace, the Harimau biting down the tight corners of the track with the savageness of a tiger (how fitting, considering their goals, and the ship's front looking like a tiger), and the EG-X having a nice balance of the two mentioned, while AG-systems is a pleasant reminder of the Wipeout's past, while still containing great promise as a team that has lasted almost as long as Feisar.

PSN ID
    Quickbeamtheent

I've had the game for a few days now and I'm still unsure what my favorite team is. I'm really liking harimau and assegai as well as the occasional ag systems run. I just tried goteki earlier this morning though and beat some of my time trial records very easily. Didn't think I'd be able to handle a tank like goteki on the higher speed classes but due to that massive thrust stat it's probably more forgiving of mistakes than any of the other craft I've tried.

Also, I just got back from Hawaii a couple days ago, so there you go.

PSN ID
    Quickbeamtheent

Ok scratch that. HD qirex all the way

Somewhere called London which you won't have heard of
    PSN ID
    B10H4Z4RD_B0Y

Icaras, Goteki, Assegai and occasionally Feisar.

Not much reason at all... I am used to all of them (except Feisar).

Timezone
    GMT -5

I started with Feisar because I generally like precision handling but as I got used to the speed of the game and the tracks themselves I've been using Auricom and Goteki a lot more. Auricom for speed and because, well, 'murica . Goteki because dat thrust.

PSN ID
    Quickbeamtheent

Man, I feel like I've flip-flopped all over the place...

Anyway, after my Qirex obsession ended, I took to AG Systems for about a month because it was the only team I could consistently use to pilot on Rapier and Phantom without crashing all over the place. More recently, I have really taken to Mirage HD, which just handles like a DREAM!! So, right now, in order of frequency of use, I fly:

1. Mirage HD
    2. AG Systems HD
    3. AG Systems Fury
    4. Qirex Fury
    5. Qirex HD
    6. Sporadic usage of Harimau, Assegai, and Auricom

I know I REALLY don't like:

1. Triakis
    2. Piranha
    3. EGX

I really want to like EGX, but I just can't pilot the damn thing properly. I feel like I'm using airbrakes so heavily in order to navigate the corners that I'm probably losing more speed than I'm gaining with the high speed and thrust combination. Maybe I'll become enlightened or something if I learn to pilot this beast...

Somewhere called London which you won't have heard of
    PSN ID
    B10H4Z4RD_B0Y

Well screw what I said above. Feisar is NOT my ship. I do NOT use it for races, only occasionally Eliminator.

Icaras, Assegai, Goteki 45, Harimau (a bit), eeerrrr... I've yet to actually try EG-X, Mirage (yeah yeah so good isn't it... LOOK AT THE BLOODY THING) and Auricom and such.

Dislike/Hate: Triakis, AG Systems (twitch twitch twitchy twitch.. Although yet to try it fully), Qirex. Qirex refuses to DO A BARREL ROLL. And it's sooooo heavy.