Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Your random thoughts of today

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Lightbulb Your random thoughts of today

Just post a line what you think about the day or a current event.
    May you see something and think "I want this" post it here! Or you found this really great song, post it. Or you watched a football match and don't like the results, post it here

So I start:
    I saw this freely flying jet in this movie and now I want to have my own jet :3

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Today I considered changing some courses in school, to help bring me closer to university.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I'm thinking that we need to get more organized with things here at my job!

... And still wrapping my head around the news of Studio Liverpool's closing. Yeah, a bit late, I know.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

I wanna surprise my girl with a big beard (she likes it), but it's starting to itch.
    Shall I shave or not?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Do you know this feeling. Yo have a day without school, know you can be lazy but your brother has to get up early >:-]

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Convinced a friend today to purchase WipEout HD Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Divide View Post
    And still wrapping my head around the news of Studio Liverpool's closing. Yeah, a bit late, I know.
    It only felt like yesterday.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Hmm... same here.

Not too happy about this and thinking about how I can fix this:

Photo on 2014-02-15 at 17.29 #2.jpg

Behold, the Yellow Light of Death.

Also tried to convince a friend to play Wipeout HD.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Bumping this old thread a bit, but this felt kind off hilarious:

I'm having a crush on this girl in school, and my mother today said: "I'm wondering why you aren't annoyed that school is so long recently." Yeah, I totally have no idea ^^

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

^ That's more along the lines of "how adorable" than anything else

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Snake,you

Today I woke up early, but this f*cking cold didn't let me fall asleep again
    But, yay, Schumi is home

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Now everything became unimportant #GetWellJules

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

I agree #GetWellJules

----

For those who don't know,

Marrusia F1's Jules Bianchi had been involved in a very serious accident at the rain-soaked Japanese Grand Prix a couple of hours ago. He went off the track at the Dunlop Curve (Corner 7) and crashed into the recovery tractor that was recovering Adrian Sutil's Sauber, who also went off at that same point. AFAIK, he was unconscious and had been transported to hospital.

I would think the entire motor sport community, including virtual, would be thinking of Jules and wishes his full recovery.

EDIT: OMG! I thought he hit it side on.

Last edited by keg_11; 6th October 2014 at 10:05 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Had a discussion with another guy about the AG technology. He wanted to tell me that the crafts fly on "mag-strips", so they cold float.
    I was destroying him with my true ag-pilot knowledge and just said: "But the magnets could be under sand or ice." Sure mate, but what about previous named mag-strips (the real one, not his floating technology).
    The whole discussion was started by the Hendo Hoverboard trailer-thing.
    At least he spoke german, making it easier for both of us.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Managed to cut into my right tumb with a cutter knife.
    Can't play wipEout for 3 days

Found out that people being genuinely interested in me freaks me the f*ck out. Like they wanting to talk and stuff makes my brain go like "noooooo, please nooo, you're stepping over the invisible line, don't do it".
    I guess I'm not used to it since all my life I was always the one who started the conversation while the other person sat idle if I said nothing.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

This might be a little triggering for some people, just putting that there. Dont read on if you think you might be.

You never truly realise just how much you love and care about someone until something awful happens. Tell people you care, tell people you love them, tell people how much they mean to you, make sure they know how special they are and how much they mean to you. Never let them feel like they are alone. Sometimes, thats all people need to hear. Those stupid little things could mean the difference of them being here or not.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Well said Knux. Good to see you post something ^_^

In my experience true humanity isn't volunteering for a charity, or donating money to a cause or even donating time to a worthy cause. The truest most meaningful gestures that a society can make are ones based on simply being able to directly impact someone's life on a personal level with no preconceived notion. It is the littlest of things that for me personally, make the biggest impact.

With all the school shootings or bombings or acts of violence, the true nature of most of these situations is someone just doesn't feel like society cares and they outlash in desperation when all they really needed was for someone to tell them that they mattered. I'm not the greatest humanitarian. In fact, I'm discerning, skeptical, and egotistical. Yet despite all my personal shortcomings, I hold the door for people, I speak politely to strangers, and I try to help people with random acts of humanity when I can. Not because I'm trying to redeem myself, but just to let other random strangers know that I acknowledge their humanity because I think it sets the civilized world apart. It is the type of interaction that justifies humanity as more than just animals acting according to human nature.

On another note... my in-laws were getting rid of some "junk" that had been stored away for a while and guess what was there about to be taken to the thrift store? A FREAKING N64 IN PRISTINE CONDITION WITH MARIOKART_64 and WIPEOUT_64 WITH THE ORIGINAL BOXES INCLUDING THE BOX THE SYSTEM CAME WITH!!!!!!!!!! Karma? I don't know. But, I'm starting to believe.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    On another note... my in-laws were getting rid of some "junk" that had been stored away for a while and guess what was there about to be taken to the thrift store? A FREAKING N64 IN PRISTINE CONDITION WITH MARIOKART_64 and WIPEOUT_64 WITH THE ORIGINAL BOXES INCLUDING THE BOX THE SYSTEM CAME WITH!!!!!!!!!! Karma? I don't know. But, I'm starting to believe.
    Please tell me you took it off their hands.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Oh yes. It was a glorious day. I prolly stayed up to 3 in the morning playing 007 and Perfect Dark alone. This thing looks brand new.

I will post it here, coz why not. Erm where are the time trial records ? I have not been present here for - 4, 5 years i guess .i was in top 10 , wanted to see how it looks after all this time but cant find anything time trial related. Can anybody direct me to an according subpage please ?