Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: INTRODUCTIONS - New pilots start here

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Welcome to WZ TeamPurple,

I recommend a PS3 and wipeout hd fury, we still have an online scene here - and Friday nights are kinda interesting.

And yes, what TheConzio said is also echoed by me too.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Welcome indeedy TeamPurple, these guys here were a bit faster than me, but yes, wipeout's worth getting a console for, it's the reason i got mine in fact

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

So.... about the cake... I still NEVER got mine. Not one crumb. Still waiting. Welcome TeamPurple, be forewarned there is no cake!

Timezone
    GMT -8

Quote Originally Posted by terra-wrists View Post
    Welcome to WZ TeamPurple,

I recommend a PS3 and wipeout hd fury, we still have an online scene here - and Friday nights are kinda interesting.

And yes, what TheConzio said is also echoed by me too.
    Challenges sound good. I may pick one up as a Christmas gift for myself... Only thing is I don't know if I'll be able to get used to flying without the negcon!

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Quote Originally Posted by TheConzio View Post
    Welcome to the forums TeamPurple, and yeah, WipEout seems to have that effect on people
    Kinda a common theme among people who wind up around here! Welcome, TeamPurple!

PSN ID
    Dylan061997

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Welcome indeedy TeamPurple, these guys here were a bit faster than me, but yes, wipeout's worth getting a console for, it's the reason i got mine in fact

Cipher
    Come on alex really xD , and welcome TeamPurple are you a purple maniac? xD

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan061997 View Post
    are you a purple maniac? xD
    He only says that because he is scared of maniacs like me
    Welcome TeamPurple! hopefully we'll see you on the HD grids soon, and you'll get to say to my two best friends: FEISAR and weapons, lots of weapons

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Noob ship XD

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Taken to a professional level with my amazing skills!

PSN ID
    Beuzer0

Hi Guys!

French pilot here, for no particular team as I like to switch between ships and currently living in Vienna, Austria. I'm a CG, sometimes 2D, animator, and I'm a big fan of the WipEout franchise. It's funny to state that I considered myself already a fan while I was only listening to the music and watching the visuals, as i found this universe really inspiring.

My first contact with WEO was 2097 when it came out on PSX. Sadly, it didn't have split screen so I couldn't play with my brother and that was a big disappointment.
    Many years later, as I was discovering electronic music, I thought back about this game and its unique ambience, so I looked for the soundtrack and became a fan of Fluke and British Big Beat of the 90's

I went back to this series by playing the PSX games on an emulator, that was a blast. Now I enjoy Pulse on my PSP (bought just for this game and Lumines) and I plan to get a PS3 for HD/Fury very soon. I hope that my new internet connection will be good enough for online racing, though.

I'm so glad to see there are still players for such a niche game. Hope to see you on the tracks! (if I can...!)
    Last edited by Beuzer0; 25th November 2015 at 10:18 PM.

PSN ID
    DIXI200

Hi and welcome in the community.. see you soon online

PSN ID
    Flak_Syphon

Hello everybody! I joined yesterday, and i'd like to introduce myself.
    I first experienced the Wipeout series on the PSX, it was a demo of WipEout 2097, and I sucked at it, sooooooo bad, probably because I was 5 years old when I played it, and once I got rid of my playstation, the series was lost to me until I was like 14 where I got Wipeout Pulse on the PSP, and it immediately gave me nostalgia, and I loved it, and I have been obsessed with the series ever since, I got my PS3 a year ago, and have been playing Wipeout HD Fury for the entire time.

Because I have missed out on most of the games in the series, I really would like to play all the games someday, specifically WipEout 3. Currently I main Assegai, but tbf, my favored team changes constantly, so that matters very little.

Anyway, now you know a little bit about me and my relationship to the WipEout gaming series, i'd like to thank the admins for validating my account, and I look forward to being part of this community.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Red_Ricky_

Welcome to this magical place I hope to see you around online someday.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Welcome.

If you want the ultimate WO experience on the cheap.
    Do as I recommended at the most recent PULSE question asked.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...011#post246011

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Or Pure! Welcome to the board to both of you.

I f you want to play pulse or pure through Ad-Hoc PS3 online? just let me know

stevie

Hello, My name's Alex, I'm a 39 year old guy from the UK. I've been a big fan of the Wipeout games since the PS1 days. I was a bit of a Sega fanboy back then (but a nice one, not one of yer zealot-ey types), so I started off with a Saturn back in the 32-bit days. I discovered the Wipeout games after going to a mate's house back in my Uni days and him showing me 2097 on his house mate Rob's PS1 and my jaw just hitting the floor over how amazing it looked (this effect may have also been partially enhanced by alcohol). Not long after this a Saturn mag I bought had a demo of 2097 on it and I was disappointed to find out it just looked pants in comparison (and was missing all the licensed music), which eventually, along with Resident Evil 2 and Tekken 3, persuaded me to jump ship from Sega to Sony. As the stage that came as a demo of 2097 on the PS1's included demo disk, Gare d'Europa and 'Body in Motion' by CoLD SToRAGE will always have a special place in my memory...

I like to make videos about video games, with a particular emphasis on Arcade Racers, so please check out my YouTube channel if you are not only into games like Wipeout, but also stuff like Hydro Thunder, F-Zero, Outrun, Daytona USA and Scud Race and also split-screen comparisons of games new and old. Oh, and Street Fighter 2.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Oooohhhh another SEGA fanatic. This makes me happy!! 32X you say? Did you ever have Knuckles Chaotix? Also, welcome to the forum ^_^

Thank You . I never actually owned a 32x, one of the few bits of Sega Hardware that passed me by, but I did own a Master System, Megadrive, Saturn and eventually (after the PS1) a Dreamcast.

Hi, my name's George.

I've been around for a while but never introduced myself. I'm a firm lover of Pure and Wip3out, as well as 2097 and Pulse. I prefer fast ships with high handling/or thrust and low shield. I'm British and my favorite crafts are: Icaras, Harimau, Qirex, AG-systems and EG-X.

My fav tracks from each game:

Wipeout: Silverstream (still in awe of the master)
    WO2097: Vostok Island, Gare D'Europa.
    Wip3out: Manor Top, Stanza Inter
    WOFusion: I only have a hated track: TEMTESH BAY COURSE 2!!!! (it will be the death of me...)
    WOPure: Vineta K, Sebenco Climb and Peak, Blue Ridge, Citta Nuova, Sol 2.
    WOPulse: Platinum Rush, Fort Gale, The Amphiseum, De Konstruct and Outpost 7.
    WO2048: Sol. The one and only.

Thanks guys and see you on HD hopefully!
    PSN: turnersinnz
    Last edited by NeroIcaras; 7th February 2016 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Didn't add PSN

Hi NeroIcaras. Glad to see you’ve found your way here! Make sure to stop by The Pilots Lounge if you are looking for WOHD pilots to play with/against, granted you can get your hands on the game. Nice Roman/Greek ironic nick by-the-way: Nero who supposedly burned Rome on purpose, and Icarus who died because of the heat the Sun. Looks like you’re hot! Hmmm it definitely sounded different before I wrote that down.
    Last edited by vincoof; 8th February 2016 at 06:56 AM.