Page 127 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Quote Originally Posted by zero3growlithe View Post
    Well, those we have actually are more like engine gas or something than ion trails we know from Wipeout cos i can't manipulate with poligons in-game to make this trail bend a bit further than totally at the beginning which will make effect of thrown out of engine plasma
    @Xpand: Good luck on flames But as for activating them, there is collider on each speed pad with corresponding tag so u can use it.
    All I need from you is that you make a script that activates a UV moving action of the burner's texture when you go over a pad and then resets the UV offset by moving backwards.

Here's the video example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2QNfXejMIw
    Last edited by Xpand; 23rd August 2012 at 01:45 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

@TypeProton Thats a really nice sketch you have there. I see a total 90° double curve ahead? If the track stays this small, it'll definitely be one of the hard-to-beat ones. But I love the ambience, I hope your idea will make it into the game. Oh and I had to laugh, can I by some oranges @ the market on the left? xD

@dreads: Dude!!!! That is one awesome collection of pickup symbols. I really really love them! Also, good thinking to make them with transparent background, very helpful for my videos aswell. Again, give you some feedback:
    -> Actually, I am positivly surprised haha. Even the sheet itself is great again. I see, things like these are awesome for our website.
    -> The mines symbol... It has 5 stars but as far as I know only 4 mines can be deployed. But that's not a big deal Same for the rockets: We decided to shoot only two rockets to have some difference from Wipeout, but I don't think it matters that much.

Again, I really have to say: Great job!

BTW: I'll save most of the WIP content from now on from all of you [pictures+videos+sketches mainly]. So whenever we finish the game, we could include them as unlockables, you know, looking at some WIP stuff has always been a fun thing to do for me
    Last edited by docfo4r; 23rd August 2012 at 02:25 PM.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

@Xpand: How about just changing scale of "fire object" so it would be more dynamic like this fire I've just made: ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuluk...ature=youtu.be )
    I mean go from 0 scale, Lerp to 1 where make it random at set range and Lerp it back to 0?
    btw. How do you like it? (on video it is size when ship is moving)

Lol, that actually looks much better... Actually, that is the way they made the flames in the '95 Wipeout.... Only they pulled on the tip vertex of a pyramid to stretch and wiggle the flame...
    Okay, let's go with that. Can you give me the texture you used on the flame so I can make some other types just to try and give it a more exotic look?
    You think you can make that also appear on the side thrusters when you go over a speed pad?

We also have to work on those sparks... Blue thick particles don't look too natural IMO...
    Last edited by Xpand; 23rd August 2012 at 08:10 PM.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Sure, no problem, just send me texture to your small flame cos we need some variety too

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

because I'm home alone and have nothing better to do tonight I've been playing around with the idea of prototype ships

here's my first idea for an ifreet prototype
    ifreet prototype.pngifreet prototype2.pngifreet prototype3.pngifreet prototype4.png

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Sweet, I like it!

Hey haven't heard anything from the Basin Park tracks for a while

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

yeah I haven't had the gusto or the time to work on it lately plus I really need to study texturing a bit before I can continue... I mean I could hand that over to someone else who would be willing to do the texturing but yeah before we figurte out the textures there isn't a whole lot more I can do with it tbh ^^;

Hey Hey! Christmas came early this year! Sort of! xD
    Attachment 6620Attachment 6621Attachment 6622

Also, Amaroq asked me to put this up:
    http://www.moddb.com/members/amaroqt...na-concept-art
    Last edited by Xpand; 23rd August 2012 at 10:12 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Last edited by Oryx Crake; 24th August 2012 at 12:26 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Had a look at Xpand's deviantart page (at least I think it's his) http://threedmaniak.deviantart.com. It's got a lot of nice renders and wallpapers that we might be able to put onto the site.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

The CERN prototype looks great. Just need to round it up a little bit I think

dreads, yeah you're right. We need a section on our website to download stuff like wallpapers... But I wouldn't put too much stuff there yet because I think concept stuff does not belong there [rather a bonus to unlock in the game itself] and we only have one track and some ships done, no special FX, no weapons etc.
    But I like your idea!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Last edited by Oryx Crake; 24th August 2012 at 09:14 PM.

I made a quick sketch of what might be the ship used on the first race in Porto Kora:
    Attachment 6630

What do you think?
    It's supposed to be like the Honda Civic or Nissan Skyline of AG ships: A pretty common, cheap and easily tuneable all round ship for the begginers...

Might we see this on OUYA?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

whats OUYA hail?

I believe it's a new console. But Unity doesn't have a compiler system for that... So, no...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

The ship is nice Xpand.

So, do I understand it right that we will have some sort of "entry" race with prototype ships. And these ships cannot be selected in the racebox & won't appear on the campaign again aswell? Maybe unlock them by completeing campaign or a special task. Oh, and for the campaign: Is it like the player will select his ship and has to stick with it unless he can buy something better, or free ship selection like in Wipeout?

And one more question from a Unity-noob^^ I saw that when you launch the demo, a box will appear asking you for video & input options. Will the final release be like this aswell? Or will it start immediantly and I am able to customize controls in the ingame menu?

Well, I was thinking of having all the 8 basic teams in free race events (single race, time trial, etc) and then having the player unlocking the ships in key campaign events... The prototype stage would be like the last campaign event, which would unlock all of the prototype ships...

About the start menu of the demo, that's a default unity thing... It appears in every game compiled with it. At least with the free version...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Alright, I see.

Good idea about the ships thing!
    BTW: I will render each pickup with a different camera angle, one that fits to the current range of action. But in each clip the camera movement itself is kept pretty simple, so nobody will become dizzy after watching the vids in a row^^