View Poll Results: What do you think should be done with the GREEN league?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • make all GREEN races 6 laps to avoid messing up leaderboards.

7 15.91%
  • Close it down

3 6.82%
  • Leave the GREEN league as it is

19 43.18%
  • Not Bothered

15 34.09%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GREEN League : the bane of wipEout?

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quote Originally Posted by AnErare View Post
    Noise?

Being ahead?

Futility?

Rants?

I thought this was a poll with added thread to discuss opinions and views And somewhere a way to advertise another league in off-topic mode. But mostly people expressing their opinions and some using other's posts to show they agree or disagree.

Ace, you haven't won or left early to prevent getting cornered or just to post your flag on the summit. I think people will save that option for the tracks to be decided at ;D
    Shall we roll? I'll host

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

Yes please!

If it's green

Hehehe no thanks, not right now, probably later today when I've taken some Irn-Bru

France, 140km from Paris (west/south-west)
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Ace3cube

Green Green lol \o/

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

^ LOL at Cubes post - I like GREEN too, but I smoke it

@AnE, Irn-Bru huh, hmmm - nice I was ready and waiting for you online mate - sent you an invite but um... you need your Irn-Bru Just quite literally got offline this minute...

Catch you around bud

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Time of single or online races are not significant !

In real life, look at car competition : do you look race time (eg Formula One, 78 laps on Monaco) ?

No, because weather, temperature, opponents' value and number, incidents, etc, all this varies the conditions of races, so the time you can realize.

Green league is fair because everyone knows the rules.

Leaderboards of online races is useless, like the online rank (sinus1 the best oh yeah )

And to blame guys like Ace3cube who try to preserve interest for WipEout is very unfair.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

In the interest of finding a solution between those who like and don't like, the extended races (6 laps or more) looks very clever.

As for me, well I do not care much about weapons and getting hit by them. They are part of the game (I said that.) However what I absolutely hate is the lag and I wish it would one day disappear because sometimes you drive and you can't race properly because you keep getting rammed off your line by other players who are not even supposed to be touching you (They are not touching you on their screen.) So yeah, I don't like that a lot.
    Green league offers theoretically no solution to that but with people using only green things I noticed that racers eventually spread out and makes for a pleasurable driving experience. But I can get that same experience offline and so I do not care much about green league if it were to stop because of this discussion. For me it's a way to drive with other people I enjoy playing with but that's it. Multiplayer race times seem not to be corrupted so I can understand why some voice their concern for that but it has been brought up that similar situations to green league can and will happen often, so green league looks to me like everyone has a shot instead of the one or few who pull ahead in a race populated with average players.

EDIT: But then there are those who green to get records, and so extending to 6 laps is not a solution for them. I have no idea.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 14th July 2010 at 06:24 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by kaori View Post
    Time of single or online races are not significant !

In real life, look at car competition : do you look race time (eg Formula One, 78 laps on Monaco) ?

No, because weather, temperature, opponents' value and number, incidents, etc, all this varies the conditions of races, so the time you can realize.
    Formula One is very different again to Wipeout i would say Jonathan. Two very very different examples. Times do play there way in a way

Oh ****ing hell for ****sake this is getting dumb, i feel asleep tbh with the laptop in front of me, simple, if there was a way to segregate the Green League acquired times, then im happy for the selected French and the others to do there own thing. The considerate an unselfish thing would be to make it 6laps as Cat mentioned in the Icaras thread before Chris deleted everything. I believe that would be the best solution at the time in order to keep the peace.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

My exemple concerns just "opponents' value and number, incidents" you can meet in online race, it's why time of online race (or single) are not significant.

I don't understand. Since 25 september 2008 :

1. I've seen friends who play one vs one to beat their record.
    2. I've seen some guys who start races against just one newbie ( it's like a Time Trial, with luck you can have 6 or 7 turbos).
    3. But I've seen (rare) pilots able to get a top 10 in Avalon races too, without any green item. I don't hear them complaining.

And 21 months after, green races would be unfair ? And the aforementioned points 1 & 2 ?

EDIT : nice tag "french silent treatment" :-
    Last edited by kaori; 14th July 2010 at 06:54 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

The game has changed alot since 25 september 2008. Some people have come and gone, some people still fire up the game to do a bit of TT or Eliminator or some online. This is what happens when no new content comes out on the game after an extended period of time, people get bored and start creating new leagues up, and playing the game in alternate ways.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO1987 View Post
    All in all the posts that where deleted by Chris Harvey / SaturnReturn brought up some good points.
    Please call me SaturnReturn. Until you posted my full name a lot of people didn't know it. I don't have an issue with it if they do, but I think it's my choice whether people know my full name or not.
    Thanks

On topic - I think it's up to individuals how they play the game. I don't really like green races that much because I feel it becomes all about the turbo. But I find the best solution to that, for me at least, is to just not play green races. It's worked out pretty well so far. So I voted 'not bothered'.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

It might of been brought up already as I have not read all of this, but if people really want to race without weapons ruining the game why don't they race with weapons turned off - job sorted! I know it sounds out there, but you never know it might just catch on

If I could be bothered I would vote for 'not bothered'

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

People found out about your name when you became moderator here late last year, not sure what thread it was on. But i can refer to you as just SaturnReturn, SR, or just Chris minus the full name if you like me too.

That is a bloody good point KGB acutally. But the damage has been done on the record tables and there isnt much of a Studio Liverpool to clean it up like they did back when they where at full staff power.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

I even doubt that SL woulda cleaned the boards up anywya, they didn't on Pulse (rememeber the NCR crew of hackers who fingered around with the game and messed up some table on pulse? they still not fixed LOL - 3 yrs and counting)

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

SL did clear up record both in WOHD and Pulse once upon a time, but it came a futile task and now the record tables are left as they are now. Congratulations to all the shiits who have mess them up.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

... and continue to do so

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

I really wish I could read through all the pages of this thread, but 6 pages in the span of a day is just too much for me.

I voted 6 laps

i think green league is fine..if you like that style of racing which some players do.

i dont agree with if you dont like weapons just turn them off attitude
    green league like the turbo and to absorb its their choice
    so what if it increases the chances of a better time how about all the other activitys that happen online daily such as....

what about friends racing in private rooms doing exactly the same thing (no weapons just turbos) since day one of release..

what about glitchers who use glitches to improve times.

what about noob hunters who use numerous fake rank 1 ids and play novices so they can boost easy wins and get good times making out to the novice players their just super talented beginners.

if you like weapons races thats cool

if you like green races thats cool

everyone to their own..

i like them all well apart from glitchers and fake id novice hunters which is where a problem occurs if you want to get fussy.

also races with pickups are luck based so a player can play crap and get 6 turbos and end up with a nice time..
    Last edited by Aeroracer; 15th July 2010 at 12:03 AM.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Yes Jasmin - GHREAT way of solving the problem of broken leaderboards - make them worse laughable at best sorry

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

I cant believe there's an attempt to make some kind of committee, largely of people not even involved, to try and decide weather a league should change the way its run or not.

If the main argument is the legitimacy of the leaderboard, then this whole witch hunt is a total waste of time because it lost its legitimacy a long, long time ago.

If this was mentioned a week after release date then fair enough, but 2 years later? After various other things broke the leaderboard? Its pretty trivial now.

I say either put up, get involved and maybe have some fun, or shut up

edit:
    @jasmin-jade:
    Well said

you miss my point ace..

im not focusing on the leaderboards

what i am saying is green league is what the green players want no one has a right to tell them how they should enjoy themselves while playing a game..

and its a lot better than the other type of rubbish that players do online to get good times without the consent of others sometimes..such as noob hunting or glitching

but the most important point about all of this is wipeout is a game no one has the right to tell others how they should play their game..

saying your green race does not count cos you didnt shoot at each other is a scrubish mentality..

race time anyway means little i have got good time myself where i have beaten great players who are far superior in all ways to myself at playing i just lucky on the turbos...

but the point is wipeout is a game so let people play how they want to..

repsect and tolerate each other and the way they enjoy playing the game