Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unknown Pilots

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

Exclamation Unknown Pilots

Have any of you come across any 'unknown' pilots online that are VERY quick? By unknown, I mean not on WipeoutZone and basically unheard of around the HD community.

PSN ID
    pirhapac

i know " dark_pegasus" with american flag ..he s really fast!! and a awesome japanese " rosbeef_killer"

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I met a few guys today:
    sotilovsky
    ogiriasu
    Freeman1021
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 23rd July 2009 at 01:00 AM.

I was on tonight . I know rank dosnt mean a thing but a rank 2 guy in pirahna beating rank 50 guy by like 5 seconds..come on who are they fooling.

I have played many players who i consider are using a secret id to hide there true level so as too attempt to impress new players like me when they win.

If you r are good your rank wil reflect it, if it dosn;t then you look bad to other players, kinda like a smallfry noob hunter.

I cant even be bothered seeking out weak players to make me feel good, instead i play and lose to people like luna and dividedxzero cos i want to learn to compete with the best.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

So I'm a small fry noob hunter, simply because my rank is 28 and not that "beloved" 50.
    Hahaha, thank you!

Without trying to brag, I can safely say that I can teach a lesson from time to time to a lot of people on this forum, some who are very good WipEout players too.
    But small fry noob hunter as a title suits me and the people on my friends list who are also very good and at a lower rank than I very well I suppose.
    People like KIGO (11), Leungbok (14), AG-Wolf (20), ALSARTWELL (21), eLhabib (21), pirhapac (25), TehRedscar (26), AkFurtif (27), Soccermums (27), and others who are also very good friends, probably not as skilled in the game but a great part of this community nonetheless.

You do know that Online Rank = time played online; right? It doesn't mean anything. At all.
    I've been playing online with the Zone people almost exclusively since release, and those that at the moment were not part of the Zone are now here for the most part. So no, I'm not going out of my way to beat the newbies, in fact it's their fault if they come into my game because Pilot Assist is usually disabled, to save them from even being tempted to join and lose badly and being frustrated.

dont split hairs .firstly i never said you are a noob hunter or anyone you named, you said that and you know what i mean. everyone you mention goes under their real name so none of you are small fry noob hunters.You are all skilled players

There is also a difference between rank 28 and rank 1 like under 5 races.

You cant actually think that some people dont hide under secret id's to make themselves look better.

we do libve in a nice world but its not perfect im afraid.

oh btw i know how good you are because i watch your videos and learn your moves.(phantom elite vids)

Sorry also forgot to mention some of these players apparently have no trophys either yet they play like an elite. So it's unlikly they could really say they were zone players or speed lap players. As they would at least of unlocked there tracks..
    Last edited by Aeroracer; 23rd July 2009 at 03:12 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Slightly off-topic, but since online rank as a unit of measurement was mentioned: What I'd love to see in lobbies is a display of the number of online races played (maybe also a win/loss ratio) next to the player's rank, or perhaps in a "pilot details" submenu. That would be a much clearer indication of what I should expect from him during the race.

Also, it might make me comfortable knowing that rank 26 from just over 300 races isn't such a bad result as I feel now.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Did anyone raced Kaleidoscope## (w/ ## some numbers)? Average online-time, no country flag (he got the Wipeout-flag, anyone knows what that means) , and he's really, REALLY fast. He also joined a few avalon races some weeks ago.

@Darkdrium777: Got the impression that your are very keen in bashing this online 'ranking'?

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I've raced Kaleidoscope on two occasions. He/she is a very quick Brazilian (I think) Assegai pilot. They said they don't know why they have the 'WipEout Flag' but I'm guessing HD doesn't have all the flags in the world and Brazil is one of those excluded. It would be nice for an official explanation of the 'WipEout Flag' from SL, I've seen it a few times online and it annoys me .

I can't name any other unknown racers, there seems to be a big amount of capable racers online these days.

Quote Originally Posted by sny View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but since online rank as a unit of measurement was mentioned: What I'd love to see in lobbies is a display of the number of online races played (maybe also a win/loss ratio) next to the player's rank, or perhaps in a "pilot details" submenu. That would be a much clearer indication of what I should expect from him during the race.

Also, it might make me comfortable knowing that rank 26 from just over 300 races isn't such a bad result as I feel now.

Sounds a good idea, in reality and in practice a bad idea. online ranking based on wins and losses would make wipeout a bit like some beat m up games i have played. People will pull the internet cable if they lose so it wont show on there record, some people will boost each other, some will find ways to glitch cheat, some will even buy 2 psp's and play themselves, (yes i know it's sad, but unfortunatley true), others will hide behind fake id's only using their real id's on easy wins. wipeout as it is, seems really good online with nearly all players playing good honest quality games, i hope it remains that way going forward. We all have an idea of who the true champs are without a need of a table.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

One more vote for Kaleidoscope, I was surprised and confused when he left me even after eating the fruit of my missiles, THREE times. I never passed him =(.

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Dalakhany, british , no trophies, top online race ranks and super fast. Racing him once a few weeks ago and havent seen him since.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

I got one. l_coln, I bump into that guy all the time and I remember him because he's a good opponent for me being on very similar skill levels. We usually finish in the same areas or together whenever all the pros come out like wolves, and they're hungry like 'em!

And I'll plug vart too, just cause whenever he comes into any of my races I make the oh-lord-hes-going-to-completely-blow-me-away face. And I'd be right.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    jan709

Quote Originally Posted by Constrictor View Post
    Did anyone raced Kaleidoscope## (w/ ## some numbers)? Average online-time, no country flag (he got the Wipeout-flag, anyone knows what that means) , and he's really, REALLY fast. He also joined a few avalon races some weeks ago.

@Darkdrium777: Got the impression that your are very keen in bashing this online 'ranking'?
    wipeout flag? what does that mean? , no seriously i dont

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    I was on tonight . I know rank dosnt mean a thing but a rank 2 guy in pirahna beating rank 50 guy by like 5 seconds..come on who are they fooling.

I have played many players who i consider are using a secret id to hide there true level so as too attempt to impress new players like me when they win.

If you r are good your rank wil reflect it, if it dosn;t then you look bad to other players, kinda like a smallfry noob hunter.

I cant even be bothered seeking out weak players to make me feel good, instead i play and lose to people like luna and dividedxzero cos i want to learn to compete with the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    So I'm a small fry noob hunter, simply because my rank is 28 and not that "beloved" 50.
    Hahaha, thank you!

Without trying to brag, I can safely say that I can teach a lesson from time to time to a lot of people on this forum, some who are very good WipEout players too.
    But small fry noob hunter as a title suits me and the people on my friends list who are also very good and at a lower rank than I very well I suppose.
    People like KIGO (11), Leungbok (14), AG-Wolf (20), ALSARTWELL (21), eLhabib (21), pirhapac (25), TehRedscar (26), AkFurtif (27), Soccermums (27), and others who are also very good friends, probably not as skilled in the game but a great part of this community nonetheless.

You do know that Online Rank = time played online; right? It doesn't mean anything. At all.
    I've been playing online with the Zone people almost exclusively since release, and those that at the moment were not part of the Zone are now here for the most part. So no, I'm not going out of my way to beat the newbies, in fact it's their fault if they come into my game because Pilot Assist is usually disabled, to save them from even being tempted to join and lose badly and being frustrated.
    Gotta consider me and the fellow members on that list did have the SL bug issue. Most of our online ranks efforts are all in our secondary account, like me.

PSN ID
    JamboGT

I am only rank 11 or so due to having a terrible internet connection in Uni this year. I shall be attempting to correct this over the next few months!

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

@jan709: wipeout-flag, well the shape is like this <> , it's light blue with anything WO related inside ... When you see it for the first time you mostly will be stunned ... and miss the start some 20 seconds later

@Amorbis: thx!

@IDReaper: 3 times missiled?! than he has to be a ghost, zombie or cheater

There is another fast one under this wipeout-nation (or small nation - like brazil *sic* ) flag. koatlcezal (sp?) or something.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

There are pilots in this thread as well:
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5596

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi Constrictor, hi all

Quote Originally Posted by Constrictor View Post
    koatlcezal (sp?) or something.
    KoatKetzal from Mexico!

He is strong and very fair....I invite him a lot, but for now....no join

read you soon
    CdRom

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Handmadelion View Post
    I got one. l_coln
    I've raced him many times too. I thought that was the person on this forum that goes by the name "insertcoin", but I just checked and his PSN ID is shown as "radiumx"...I swear it's the same person though. Either I'm wrong or he has two ID's.

I've also raced coatlketzal many times and he's plenty fast.

My most recent frustrations have been caused by brummpahh though. Very evenly matched with me. We have very tight, fun and sometimes aggravating races lol. He just recently signed up to WOZ too and I sent him a message. Good guy. He's only had WOHD for 4-5 weeks and he's already as good as me (I've been playing for 6-7months), so watch out for this guy.

Competitive, "unknown" pilots seem to be coming out of the woodwork these days, which is great, if not frustrating sometimes, as I hate losing to people I don't know lol.