Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Release date (merged)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Because it's not the reason. Colin said the game is not 100% finished yet. So, as long as he doesn't tell us any different, it's still not finished. Who knows, maybe they had to make changes. I don't think the game is even in Sony's hands by now, it's still at SL. When they have it ready, Sony will receive it and decide on a release date. I wouldn't hope for July, actually...

Leave me be in my little world of want

The not being finished was kind of what I was getting at though - i.e. waiting for the update to be deployed so they can tweak the final bits and get it working seamlessly. Pure conjecture, obviously.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

More time in SL costs more money, thats why I doubt this, what sort of budget do you think they're on? Enough to have money fights? Distinctly not the impression I had.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Custom soundtrack was already possible before 2.40 (I don't know which update it was in but it's been there for a few months now). All that 2.40 allows for games with this custom music patch added (It does NOT work for games that have not been patched) is to play music via the pop-up XMB instead of going into the game's menu to change the music (Is longer). So the custom soundtrack issue is not the problem.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I give this theory a lot of credence. the 2.4 update was just announced yesterday. Maybe it is that 1% SL and Sony were waiting on. It would explain why they can't talk about it. Because 2.4 and in game XMB was an announcement Sony wanted to make when they decided it was ready to be made.

I don't believe they'd want a developer spilling the beans as to why a game has not been released yet. There no fun and glory there.

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Because it's not the reason. Colin said the game is not 100% finished yet.
    And you know for sure this is not the reason, if so how matey?

Yes Colin stated the game was 99% finished but that was a month ago.

I think it's quite possible that SL/Sony whoever "could" be waiting on this new firmware as it contains some of the most asked for features on the ps3 blog since the PS3 was launched. I was not talking about custom sound tracks, this "has" been available for quite some time as a option for devs to use or not use. I was talking about the features for actually arranging online races, GTP5 anyone?!?

This firmware update is massive, biggest yet and the one most owners have been waiting for, no more quiting games to send and read messages for starters, I mean come on, how fundimental is this feature to online gaming?

WO:HD is a big game, a first party game too. The new reward system (trophies) that comes with this update adds gamer points (style) features to games. But games will need to be patched to support it, the only first party game that will support this at the start is Super StarDust (great game for £5 bwt) and that needs patching if you already have it. Maybe they held off releasing partly due to wanting the new features in from the start instead of patching later, that and MGS4 of course (game of the year so far for me btw)

Anyways, I was only posting my thoughts based on what I read, the PS3 blog is a good referance what with it being the offical sony blog.

Linkys for those that wanna read more;

In Game XMB
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...art-1-the-xmb/

Trophies
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...rt-2-trophies/

FAQ
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...ware-v240-faq/
    Last edited by BaldyCurly; 1st July 2008 at 04:07 PM. Reason: cos I didn't preview first!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ColdRemS

The game has already been rated by PEGI right? So it IS finished. I really doubt such an organism would rate an unfinished game...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyCurly View Post
    ... WO:HD is a big game, a first party game too. ...
    It's a big game for us, I'm not so sure it is for Sony...

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    Enough to have money fights?
    This is where paper dollars do less damage than Pounds Sterling. Nerf money.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greif

Quote Originally Posted by ColdRem'S View Post
    The game has already been rated by PEGI right? So it IS finished. I really doubt such an organism would rate an unfinished game...
    Exactly, unfinished games don't get a rating. It has been rated by ESRB and USK as well.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    alka16r

As I remember, the last time I waited for something like I do for WOHD, was my first time with a girl...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

o___O

Quote Originally Posted by alka16r View Post
    As I remember, the last time I waited for something like I do for WOHD, was my first time with a girl...
    Is your right forearm as big now too?

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Because it's not the reason. Colin said the game is not 100% finished yet. So, as long as he doesn't tell us any different, it's still not finished. Who knows, maybe they had to make changes. I don't think the game is even in Sony's hands by now, it's still at SL. When they have it ready, Sony will receive it and decide on a release date. I wouldn't hope for July, actually...

BINGO !

We have a winner

The game was 99% done, however for various reasons its now more like 97%
    So how does something go from being 99% done to 97% done, well we were waiting on the final 1% which was out of our hands and we decided to make some small tweaks and the like. Is it worth it, well in my eyes yes and I know there are people on here that will be happy, can I tell you what we did or are doing, no, not yet I'm afraid. Will you notice, yes.
    Its like the xfiles isnt it

I dont mean to be secretive but I'm just not allowed to reveal details, suffice to say I think you will say (down the line) aaaah you delayed it because of that, ok, cool.
    But right now its not my remit to say.
    Last edited by Colin Berry; 4th July 2008 at 11:52 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

So, Colin, any clue on how much longer it will be? We're not even asking for a date, we know you can't give us that, but could you at least tell us if we are talking about weeks, months, or (heavens forbid) even chrismas? That would be uber-sweet to know.
    Thank you.
    (oh and we absolutely appreciate final changes for the better )

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

The speculation begins...
    Changed HUD?
    Putting in an option for classic handling?
    Mysteries, mysteries

Trophies? I`m sure if they put these in they`ll sell a lot more downloads.

Whatever it is, thanks for the information, Colin.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

my money's on the HUD...and maybe...maybe...2097 handling...

Thanks col for giving some feedback...personally...I can wait for HD knowing it is being fine-tuned...what I can't wait for is 2097 and Wip3out to be released on the PSN!!! I need some big screen WipEout goodness...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I guess the trophies were the original 1% they were waiting on, that wasn't in their hands, as Colin stated. And in the meanwhile they came up with something else...

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Cheers for the update Colin.