Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Non-working leaderboards [please fix it!]

Default Moderator message.

Again someone claims that greatness that they can't duplicate is impossible until they duplicate it themselves?

Back to the thread topic, please, gentlemen.

If you wish to continue discussion of that 'impossible' time, take it to an already available appropriate thread or if there isn't one start one.
    And keep it civilised.

note: When I said that continued discussion of that time should be taken to a different thread, that is what I meant. No more posts in this thread continuing this. And I said nothing about moving the already existing comments, but only the discussion. Thread is briefly closed until the message is understood and abided by. I may consider creating a new thread from these posts when I have more time than I have right at the moment, but on the other hand why should the admin and the mods have to do all the work to clean up and reorganise a mess created by people who ignored the forum rules?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Deathly silence....

Honestly, is it so difficult to write something like Colin did one year ago? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    We know there has been an issue with the tables not updating very quickly and that currently they are displaying very few records and it may appear they have been wiped.

I can assure you that the tables have not been wiped and the records have not been lost.

There is an issue with overload and we are working on it currently and fingers crossed the tables will be working better than ever within the next few days. ...

cheers Col
    ... Is it? Please tell me!
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 6th October 2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: added a quote

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

You wanna know the reason why there isn't any support?! Well, someone went over
    to STUDIO Liverpool and made the following recordings.

PSN ID
    drMannevond

Well, I did see this on the norwegian psn-forum today about WipEout HD:
    -----------------------
    Vedlikehold:

Dato: 08/10/2009

Starttid: 10:30
    Endtid: 12:30
    ------------------------------------

Translation :

Maintenance:
    Date: October 8, 2009 (Thursday)
    Start time : 10:30 (Norwegian time is GMT+1)
    End time : 12:30

Fingers crossed that this has to do with the leaderboards. I can't really think of anything else that needs maintenance right now.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

This was posted today on Problemsolvers PS3 Blog post:
    ------
    Posted on 6 October, 2009 at 5:01 pm by Joey Payne
    Hi ProblemSolver,

I am sorry that you have been left waiting for an answer to a very fair question

I have been out of the office for a couple of weeks,returning only today, I will continue talking to Studio Liverpool to try and find a satisfactory answer for you and the WipEout community

Thanks for you patience
    -------

Do we still have hope?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

We have! The path is clear....

@Dr: You have a link?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

There might still be a Studio Liverpool but I'm starting to doubt that there is still a wipeout section within it.

I'm starting to think that SCE wishes we would just all go away and is willing to let the game die.
    Maybe not the European arm.

It would certainly appear that's what the US arm of SCE way of thinking is,what with it's total disregard for the fans,total lack of promotion [even at E3 where it was seemingly hidden away near the toilet doors],and the none release of different versions over the years ,DLC and the "State Farm" ad debacle.
    All the E3 thunder and advertising budget went to INFAMOUS,gee that title lasted what,2 months if that, never to be heard or spoken of again,I'm not even sure it sold all that well.

It would seem that games with high replay value are to be shunned ,and that their business model priority is to churn out a continual stream of mindless,repetitive and boring shooters.

Maybe if SL made a shooter based on the murderous rampage of disgruntled wipeout fans through the offices of SCEA I might have my interest perked ,possibly that idea should be posted at the blog site.

End of rant

For now.

yes..strange that wipeout never took off in the states like in europe..americans do play it but not too many..bit like ridge race was loved by japan mostly..but the americans who do play it realise its good..so its just it may not appeal to them ititially..for me it was the play your own songs that got me started..if it never had that i would never of picked up pad..Mmmmmmmm oppsss

OFF TOPIC
    OFF TOPIC....

Sl Pleassssssssseeee fix leaderboards and remove all the dud error times too..if thats whats happening on thursday..please also turn off ship colision dammage online or fix it cos its over the top and totally unfunfied

Timezone
    GMT -5

Blackwiggle - where can I pre-order this first person shooter?

But - let's not restrict it to SCEA - we need to have an expansion pack - SCEE, SCEI and SCEAu. I can see another Wild 9 in the makes.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Well actually, IH8YOU, it's an RL shooter. You already have one copy for free. xD

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I am in with the first person shooter tbh.
    It needs the Lancer, the Flak Cannon, the Auger as available weapons.

(Gears of War, Unreal Tournament and Resistance Fall of Man)

And while the time on Connavar's site remains an issue and requires a place for discussion, the main question here is:

WHATS UP WITH THE LEADERBOARDS?!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

ROFL xD

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Could it just be that, this is the kind of service we can expect as long as PSN is free? I don't play any other online games for the PS3, but I remember hearing about general connectivity and server problems for all sorts of games, most infamously Killzone 2 on its release weekend.

Were these issues for other games resolved? Has a precedent been set or is this without precedent? Do we have any reason to think there won't be long term support for online play?

I've had an Xbox Live gold subscription for under a year, mostly for some old school shooters and Ridge Racer 6 (hey Jasmin_Jade, I think I raced against you once or twice), but the best game in the world right now is Wipeout HD and I'd gladly pay a $4/mo subscription for continued support.

Things must be difficult for Studio Liverpool. They make a stellar game on the only console powerful enough to support it, but are limited by PSN's business model. If this is the prime reason, then I feel very badly for them. I am curious if anyone has any more info regarding that relationship.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I'm certain the issue for Killzone 2 was fixed, I did not have troubles when I got the game and played online. Similarly, FAT Princess was also fixed apparently, so was LittleBig Planet, etc.
    It seems that because WipEout is not as popular (IM WONDERING WHY HAHAHA) they allow this ''I'm not paying attention to you'' game to take place.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@Koleax: Money won't change anything within this regard. They (Sony and / or M$)
    would get the money and the same problem still occurs, I promise!

The only thing that works is having some clever people on board who actually know
    what they are doing and who care about their work.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

Well, I´m not Doc, but here´s the LINK, PS

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    @Dr: You have a link?

PSN ID
    drMannevond

Oi! I was going to post that! But that is the correct link, so nevermind

Default Moderator message.

Some of you either just don't care or you don't learn from your experience.

[Awaits the firestorm of hatred from those who don't care if anyone can ever actually find what they're looking for in the forum, and who feel that they should be able to write anything they want anytime they want anywhere they want and **** everybody else and thEir needs and desires.]