PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Its an Australian ship built in Adelaide South Australia

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

@Mu5

You can find some more elaborate background history on Triakis on the WipEout Pulse website

Sweet as - cheers

PSN ID
    dartman47

My new team, hope it's a good idea...

Team Name: Iglu

Country of origin: Arctic/Antarctic Regions

Team story:

Founded in the year 2220 by a few bored scientists, technicians and transport/survey pilots, IGLU was designed as a team on a budget, in other words, one of those teams which aims to do a lot from limited resources.

Flying for the United Nations, on behalf of the UNAPT (United Nations Arctic Protection Team) has already given them some interesting sponsorship offers, with the eco-supporting Harimau team reputed to be waiting in the wings with anti-gravity reactor units and other critical parts that may be available on loan.

For now though, the team are gearing up for their first season of FX350 AG racing with their first design, the ICE-R 001, which features innovations such as 5 flap adjustable V-Brakes by the Stop/Start Corporation, a sophisticated flight computer, as well as pilot adjustable underbody flaps, which use technology provided by MAGEC Corporation to either keep the craft at a good height, or to change altitude quickly.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

Team TDT: Its been abt 2 weeks since my login, G'day all, yearlies are over and i have a bit of time on my hands (sept for some minor gatherings later in the term). If its ok I would like to rejoin the production team from this point onwards.

If the Helicon craft is still classified under prototypes of TDT ill be happy to start making a backstory and possibly some minor changes. (But reading previous posts i understand if the corporations getting cluttered up with numerous craft being in production simultaneously (all done awesomely if i may add =P), so dw abt it if it gets cacelled xD.) Ill probably drift to do something else by then.

Also to the post above i like the Antarctic/Arctic team, 2 continents each respectively on either sides of the globe creating a craft in unison (especially with ur economic backstory regarding Harimau and stuff) sounds like a rly good foundation to build on. Keep going with it =DDD!
    Last edited by Haywire_Guy; 7th September 2009 at 11:20 AM.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

So good to have you back with us, Haywire! The AirLicker Group can definitely do with your expertise atm. Your timing is pretty damn awesome!

Team Iglu, what a nice history! This team holds real promise for the future! Watch this sp-ace!

Edit: Oh, and Andy, you got any more pics of the ship? That one angle is a bit of a tease, looks pretty cool though!
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 8th September 2009 at 12:07 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Updates on the other viewports to follow soon, sideview is almost done ... As for the front and back I am not sure if I should post them. But as they are crucial for the 3D-modelling too I have to do them anyway .. The pace of the project slowed down a bit due to quite some workload in the office

Edit: Haywire_Guy , it's a pleasure having you back on board, hope the exams went well!

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Hey guys, Just got a Redesigned craft design from some of the team working on the new F5000 craft from Boost-Akira Industries. They wanted it to be be a bit more modern and edgy than their first design, it fits in more into the Fury scene/season that just ended a few years back. This shows mostly on the re-designed nose and wing complex. They're still designing a paint scheme for it, but it will take pride of their national colors/flag.

BAI GT-RX F5000 MKII.

Smile

Awesome design djKyoto.
    But now....can you post the racing parameters of the ships?This is a question for all .

I want to see the Tez-Dharkan racing parameters !
    But....the same is for all the teams created in this thread,c'mon,let's be friends !
    Last edited by XpanDrome2097; 8th September 2009 at 01:20 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Can you explain what you mean by 'racing parameters' ?

Is that like it's stats or something? Sorry.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Racing Parameters... would be the track we race on I guess???

If you mean our ship stats - then the Tez Dharkan has already posted our stats, but if you are talking technologies Mr Venom, then I'm afraid I can't divulge too much information as most of this technology is the intellectual property of AirLicker Group and A.L.T.E.R.N... sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by djKyoto View Post
    Can you explain what you mean by 'racing parameters' ?

Is that like it's stats or something? Sorry.
    Don't worry, mate .
    I mean the racing stats....the value of top speed, accelleration, handling and shield, only this.

ACE-FLO, I respect your secret plan, ok, am waiting for the final surprise !

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Ah, Ok.

The MKII stats are unknown, but the original craft had parameters of 7/10/9/7.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

DjKyoto, the MKII looks damn cool! Especially like the split nose and the F1 like back spoiler ... this craft looks pretty mean, seems like the TezDharkan will get some serious competition now. Well done

pilots, lets keep the ideas rollin' , this thread is awesome

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

@DJKyoto: Wow that looks amazing! Those air vents on either side of the craft look very signature wipeout, and though craft though looks slightly less streamlined than the MkI, it looks 1000x better on the awesomeness-scale.

If this is only the 2nd stage of devlopment the final model should look mega cool =DDD. Good work, keep up with it.
    Last edited by Haywire_Guy; 9th September 2009 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    Edit: Oh, and Andy, you got any more pics of the ship? That one angle is a bit of a tease, looks pretty cool though!
    I made a few changes on some things I wasn't happy with, so now I like it.

I've also started work on a fury type of geist too, dunno if it actually will look like a fury ship though, xD but it'll be cut up into sections and stuff which I think should look good enough.

and that mkII is looking very nice djkyoto =]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Andy ... Geist is looking better and better although the concept is still the most radical of all. You are cranking this all out of sketchup, right? great work man ... the black 'drone' is this some kind of supportive craft? That's a cool idea too, because with all the focus on the main racers all the other hovering stuff in the background gets forgotten , while there are some interesting ships to be found in fact. Keep it up!!

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Andy, looking real good mate! I love the idea of making it 'nose heavy' - which seems to have worked really well with the GEIST ship.

DJKyoto! - BoostAkira MKII is a very very cool design. Almost reminiscent of a Fury ship! Will the MKII get the 3D treatment? will you post the other elevations too? We'd all love to see them!

Quote Originally Posted by designer_79 View Post
    Andy ... Geist is looking better and better although the concept is still the most radical of all. You are cranking this all out of sketchup, right? great work man ... the black 'drone' is this some kind of supportive craft? That's a cool idea too
    thanks

That black thing is the front of the fury style geist I'm trying to do, pretty cool idea to have the whole backup team done and all, I think I'll try that once I get this fury craft done.

attached progress so far
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    billychanxtr33m

Wink

first of all, this thread is amazing and there are way too many great things to give kudos to in one post so to everyone.

here is my go at making a team, hope you like it.

team name: Cumulonimbus
    team location: nunavut province, canada
    motto: we bring the thunder
    ship stats:

speed- 9 / fury- 9
    thrust- 9 / fury- 9.5
    handling- 6 / fury- 6
    shield- 7 / fury- 7.5

founded: 2223
    backstory:

team cumulonimbus is the brainchild of two men, Ezekiel Danielson and Marsellus Riemer. Ezekiel was once a military contractor but left his job to pursue ag racing full time. he made huge waves when he raced in the FXA350 amateur league with his own team, "danielson racing." though usually populated by wealthy hobbyists and retired professionals, the amateur leagues are an important sector for ag racing. this is because it is a prime testing ground for new tracks and weapon systems for the professional leagues. danielson racing was a prime supplier of new weapons, and mr. danielson made a name for himself by having most of his innovative weapon systems banned from sanctioned races. such banned weapons include: the DRJ-A5 (auto pilot disrupter), a sticky targeted missile, which would confuse an enemy ship's subsequent auto pilot systems and frequently send these ships off track, the DRJ-AG2 (grav flipper) which sent out a small range signal which would confuse the orientation protocol of the ag systems in other ships; this would cause enemy ships to flip upside down, causing their disoriented pilots to frequently fly off track, and the notorious DRD-AG4K (grav disrupter) which would disable the anti-gravity systems of nearby ships much like the infamous grav bomb from the f9000 league. unlike the grav bomb however, ships hit with the AG4K would maintain their current velocity, often resulting in effected ships flying off track. these weapons were banned not only because of the danger they posed to pilots, but also the fact that mr. danielson would often have countermeasures for these weapons on his personal ship.

with large profits from race earnings and endorsements, Ezekiel Danielson bought some stock in the FXA350 league. his brash personality and constant butting of heads with other owners made him loathed among amateur league executives. that, and the fact that he continued to race, which was generally viewed as improper and shady to say the least. when danielson refused to have his shares bought out, he was eventually banned from ownership and racing by the FXA350 league interests committee. not long afterward, ezekiel was involved in a near fatal accident in a non-sanctioned ag race. though he was initially paralyzed from the neck down, spinal/nervous reconstructive surgery was mostly successful and he was able to walk and have full body movement again. unfortunately, his slightly reduced mobility meant that he would never race again.

mr. danielson knew that the only way he would be able to participate in ag racing now was in management. because he had been banned from amateur racing, ezekiel figured there would be no better way to stick it to that organization than to field a winning team in the professional league. what he needed now was massive financial backing. he found it in Marsellus Riemer.

riemer realestate is the largest housing builder in the americas. they are most famous for their ag housing complexes. completely disconnected from the outside world, the astronomic costs to maintain such a building make these the homes of only the most wealthy customers. riemer had a passion for ag racing and tons of money, just what danielson was looking for. it wasnt hard for ezekiel to convince riemer to come on board. danielson was already known and popular among ag racing fans so he was the perfect figure head for the new team which was dubbed cumulonimbus, because danielson wanted to roll into professional ag racing like an ominous storm. team RD and headquarters were set up in a secluded area of northern canada. the cold weather made extensive ship system testing possible, while still being in mainland north america made development supplies readily accessible.

with several years of development and still no official ship specs released, people have began to wonder if cumulonimbus will really field an ag racer in the near future. after a few financial backers left the project, some people felt that cumulonimbus was falling apart before it had even began racing. this perceived tension was heightened with the release of an interview with ezekiel danielson in a recent issue of ag weekly. in the article, he said of riemer quote: "he has more money than sense" and that he was "disturbingly easy to manipulate." riemer, known for his easy going and jolly nature, just laughed it off saying: "thats zeek for you." danielson, not surprisingly, wouldnt back down from his comments.

despite the turmoil, whispers of a race ready ship being tested have flooded the datanets again. the air of secrecy around the facility (loving known by fans as area 51) has led to these kinds of rumors before. however, the fact that the team has begun filling out official entrant paperwork with the racing league has really started to ramp up the hype for a new team.
    Last edited by billychanxtr33m; 10th September 2009 at 12:35 AM.