Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most to rage quit against you?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Default Most to rage quit against you?

I just had four, count 'em, four people rage quit against me in a Rapier Eliminator match on Metropia, probably the combination of my best track, class, and mode. It was too easy. I'm undefeated in AP Eliminators with 6 or more opponents, but that one is generally easy. Metropia and I have this thing going on ever since we spent a couple hours straight in photo mode together. I'll spare you the intimate details, but she was beautiful.

This is my proudest achievement so far in Wipeout. I remember all three people either quitting or disconnecting in a 4-player AP Eliminator, but I know for certain they all raged this time. I completely waylaid them and I didn't even have a quake. They knew I was impossible to beat. It would have been over in less than a minute anyways if they stayed, but that would have been too painful for them. It's a hell of a lot of fun, when you get over the initial annoyance.

My next goal is five rage quits, which I know is doable and six is realistic. I don't know if I'll get the hallowed seven some day, but where would we be without ideals, eh?

Timezone
    GMT -5

I once DNF'd an entire room on Sebenco Reverse (all 7 of them) - and set a world record, to boot.

And no - it wasn't a room full of Noobs, and no, nobody quit the race. (amazingly)

I did however, get accused of cheating post-race - and the room cleared out like it got plague.

Still - getting 4 to rage-quit is very impressive.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Ive quite a few races online, after experiencing the most cuntyiest of all lag situations, it was so bad, the ship wasnt accelerating like it should at phantom speed, the controls where marshmallow, and there where more Vista Pads problems than the actually crappy OS itself.

I rage quit because i dont want to break another controller, so i think ahead, of what possibly might happen. Exit the game, have a Red Bull, check my email and mobile for incoming messages. and return back when to the PS3 to check and return my messages there as well, all good

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I take pride in my Ability to make people rage quit. Since some of them are regulars on this site I wont mention them.

Rage Quitters are Scum. They cant even take their loss. I respect a player who can take a good humbling, I know I had to when I started. Kyonshi, Boo4Ever and a few others are all great racers who look at losing and winning as a improvement cycle. I highly respect these racers.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

I think I raged today for the first time. A few minutes ago I had some tough races with
    Vartazian, we battled for the first place on VK Rev. as suddently someone showed up
    slowly moving on the middle of the track bringing me to a complete stand-still. I wrote
    him a 'nice' PN shortly thereafter, he replyed; "if you didn't noticed, its totally a contact
    racing game"
    Holy crap, he was parking in the middle of the track.
    His level was quite low level and he obviously didn't knew anyone on the server.

Some low-birds think they can join any server and ruin the current game. Why isn't there
    at least a level restriction?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

IH8YOU, that's a really great story. If you count the players that cleared out after the previous Eliminator, which I dominated, then it'd be six for me, but they at least have some plausible deniability. Maybe dinner was ready or something. But still, you can sorta tell. Like when one guy is dominating and I need a round or two to warm up, and then I'm dominating that guy, the rest see that they have no hope, lol.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

First, DNF and Rage quit are 2 different things, usually when playing against
    novice players, if you're like 15 seconds or even 1 lap ahead, then many of them
    will quit, but just a DNF, and this is very frequent, I'm sure it happened to many
    of us.

Rage quit is usually against other good players, and sometimes I caused it and
    I perfectly understood why, example, I won't mention the name, but on Vineta
    rev, I had missiled a very good player who was 2nd, then picked up a rocket and
    because my missile had stopped him, I managed to offer him 3 whole rockets,
    he exploded and disconnected just afterwards...

I wouldn't disconnect for such a matter, however if there is a bug in the game,
    like infinite respawn (happened on seb. rev), or yeah being stuck behind
    someone (AFK), now that is VERY annoying, and I might just quit the race.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

I rage quit from time to time, though only if its gone 3am, im bloody tired, not paying 100% attention, and am just embaressing myself with my drowzy racing lines

I'll DNF if an almighty crash happens. I remember z1 bumbing off on sol 2 bridge, just for oolproo to do the same as i respawned, then someone i dont know dropped a bomb infront of me and killed me. No point finishing a race after 2 respawns and a death in about 5 seconds. Though thats not strictly true...... anything can happen in wipEout.

I just use it as ample coffee / skinning up time

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I've had 3 people rage quit on me in a single race after winning around 5 times in a row. And of course, the usual "omg ur cheating" messages soon followed...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kurlija

I've never kept count of rage quitters, but I'll do so from now on.

I only rage quit once, against Elois. It wasn't even because he was beating me (which he was, utterly), it was because I ran off the track on *Metropia*...4 times in a row. *facepalm*

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I've only managed to rage-quit 2 people I think but I think they wanted a private game (this was pre-fury)...

The only 'cheater' messages I have ever received were from wormwoodmoridin - he now quits whenever I enter the same room as him...

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Slightly off topic, but one thing that cracks me up more than rage quitting, is if you win multiple games in row and the whole room changes to the same ship as you

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

OBH used to rage quit against me all the time before he got really good.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Quote Originally Posted by osama bin haydn View Post
    Slightly off topic, but one thing that cracks me up more than rage quitting, is if you win multiple games in row and the whole room changes to the same ship as you
    8 D
    Is it the ship? Is it the ship? Is it the ship? It's gotta be the ship!
    It's not the ship.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hey, i played with you yesterday.

Yes, it's horrible when many people quit at a same competition, in the most, the Tournaments, often in the 1.10 version of wipeout hd. I start with 8 contenders and i finish with 3.
    Now with online levels they don't quit so often, i finish the tournaments with all or 90% of all the contenders.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by djKyoto View Post
    OBH used to rage quit against me all the time before he got really good
    What is it with you guys in that part of the world ey? KIGO's got selective hearing and now your just flat out lying

PSN ID
    Lightlord

Heh clearing out whole rooms of people isn't as hard as people think, if you keep wining every race people don't like and quit. But the downside to this is that is harder to host because people will avoid your room at all costs which makes it frustrating waiting for even a single person to join lol.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Hey, Cyberio. Yeah, I remember our Zone Battles. Not many people do Zone Battle, but I always enjoy it, so if you're ever looking for another player, you can add me to your list.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Dont forget to Add me too Cy. Me you and Koleax can all take chunks out of eachother

@ProblemSolver. Was that the race where I pinned the brake and elimed you with the quake? or was that another Vin K.

I hate parkers, they are worse then Rage Quitters. Many a time Ive lost a 5 second lead due to being stopped DEAD in a hairpin.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

I maybe have gotten two in the past, probably not over I'm not sure. Doesn't happen much with me as the easiest solution is to shoot at me TT.