Page 174 of 179 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
    I've been having problems with the two corners on Draco Cavernae just after you jump off the dirt track section, It then teleports me back half way down the dirt track section. I also got stuck on one of the lamp posts on that same section of the track. I attached an image of the area as well.
    Are you staying on the track or are you trying to cut the section? You can save a bit of time when you do a cut but you will get close to the reset-triggers....
    The lamp posts all have colliders in that area so you will get stuck. I hope that lamp colliders will be added at the rock section of Alphard aswell since colliding with objects that are reachable should happen

PSN ID
    leegamestudios

I was trying to cut the corner when I got stuck on the lamp, but the two times where I got stuck on the track barriers I just slammed into them. On Alphard I left the track at one point and slipped through a gap in some rocks to get under the track for a few seconds before being teleported back.

Just a quest suggestion, keeping the controls to navigate the menus seperate to what you have set for the game, or being able to navigate the menu with a keyboard at all times would be nice. I know you can set up different two keys for an action in the options menu but that takes extra effort.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    BrunoGatts

Quote Originally Posted by mkozjak View Post
    Actually, it works with USB Overdrive. What's very interesting is that when I duplicate an input device in USB Overdrive and choose a ps3 controller in it, and also turn off the stock preset, the game would still block. Do you have the same problem?

Further, the game is stuck when not using any gamepad helpers, whereas, in example, Trine 2 works.
    And it seems if I just copy a 'Game' preset in USB Overdrive without even choosing a ps3 controller, the game would still not run, even though that one copied preset is the only one enabled.
    This one I didn't try out here. Am going to test here and I'll tell you as soon as I can.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Not sure if it's the right place, but could'nt find a better one, i'll send a feedback mail on top of that anyway.

I discovered this game abit more than a month ago, played with late 2013 demo for a while then gave feedback.
    And just a couple of weeks later there's a new beta out which fixes most of the issues i had, it feels like christmas

Great improvement between both, the biggest one is obviously the controls. Even though i like the PS3 pad a lot, i'm a lot more comfortable with a xbox360 one for games i don't need precise inputs for L2/R2 and where i don't use the directional pad. So yeah most of the racing games. Being one of the most used pad on PC, it's a great point for the game

The improved visuals are really cool and not too demanding on the computer (currently playing at 60fps on a first generation dual core 2ghz, 3Go RAM, 8800GT with max settings).
    The new track is really hard, and feels insanely tight (more so than the other tracks). I'm a Time trial player more than a weapon mode player so i like the fact that it's really strict on the lanes, but i've showed the game to a couple of friends that liked Wipeout and they have issues with the size of the tracks for combat/side-stepping. SO depending on who you want to the game to target, you may want to put a couple wider tracks if you can.

Another issue i have is that some ships are really frustrating to play with because of their hitboxes. It's the most notable on the Logos, but also present on the Amphiteatre, Solaris and iFreet. Due to the ships' shapes, when you barely scratch a wall with a wing, the nose turn toward the wall and you get kind of "sucked" to the wall. It's really easy to notice when you're a bit large on a left turn, scratch the right side of the track, then you're ship starts turning on the right and you finish the turn stuck on the wall.
    It happens quite a lot due to the tightness of the tracks aswell.
    It doesn't happen on the ships which don't have a triangle shape.

Now, if it has been thought out to balance the ships, i'm fine with it as the behavior corresponds to the ships' shapes and it's understandable because of Physics. But if it's not, i'd really like to see some sort of hitbox not tied to the ship's look to prevent this behavior as it's really anoying and adds a lot of frustration to the game at the moment
    Actually, it's the only reason i didn't switch to the Logos yet, as the ship is really wide and the issue happens a lot with it.

On another topic, is there any repository for ghosts ? Or a plan to do one ?
    I'm currently playing a lot on Cassandra and trying to improve my time, so i'd like to be able to get better ghosts to see what i can improve on it. I'm still working on being a bit more consistent with my laps and 2 of the 3 barrel rolls i found on it, but i've a good lane at the moment so i'd like to see if there are changes to be made on it. I'm at a 29.2xx sec best lap at the moment and consitently do around 30.0 sec laps. I think can probably do around 28.0 sec lap with the 3 barrel rolls with a bit of work on my consistency and with the current lane.

Anyway, the game is great and has a lot of potential. I'm looking forward more of it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

First of all, thanks alot for your big feedback. You gave us some idea to ease up the feedback process

We are glad you enjoy the demos so far. I hope it is ok if I keep my reply a bit shorter than your text.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayForGG View Post
    SO depending on who you want to the game to target, you may want to put a couple wider tracks if you can.
    That's right. I think two of the current three tracks [Alphard, Cassandra] might be the hardest ones in the game when it comes to precision and tightness. There will be tracks that are focused more on speed than technique like Kealakekua Bay [correct me when I am wrong, Damon] and Nazca Remains will even be like a desert rally if you like to think so, without any barriers near to the roads

Actually, it's the only reason i didn't switch to the Logos yet, as the ship is really wide and the issue happens a lot with it.
    If we would change the hitbox to a more simplified shape, it might look even stranger when colliding with the walls or when Magnets are attached to your ship as they would float somewhere in space. In this case, I am forced to say that it all comes down to practice. I can play with Logos just fine on Gamma at Alphard but I am testing alot and from there comes the practice! So, don't give up!

On another topic, is there any repository for ghosts ? Or a plan to do one ?
    Yup, for the final release we plan to have a nice ghost sharing system as well as online leaderboards etc. Just for the current beta release, things like those would be too much of an effort at the moment. But you can exchange your ghosts with friends "by hand" at the moment. Just have a look into the manual about how to do that.

Thanks again for your long and precise feedback
    Last edited by docfo4r; 10th August 2014 at 08:57 AM.

In the middle of a forest in Småland, Sweden.
    Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hello, will the airbrakes have analog functionality? I'm using my PS3 controller and I've set it up to work with most games, with the most important analog functions on separate axis(L2/R2, joysticks, motion sensitivity). It would be great to be able to brake at say 50% when 100% is not needed, but you still need to use them.

Also, it would be great to be able to assign 3 different buttons/axis to a single action(I want to be able to use the d-pad(Digital), joystick(Analog), and my keyboard)
    And a problem: the D-pad is registering as axis 9/10 when assigning controls, and is unusable(doesn't work in the menu, and probably not in-game).

(Oh and i found a secret, which has a rendering bug.)
    Last edited by Zombye; 10th August 2014 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Made that last bit more clear.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc_

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoDG View Post
    This one I didn't try out here. Am going to test here and I'll tell you as soon as I can.
    Hey, any news on this problem? Sixaxis works with usb overdrive, but I'd like to play via bluetooth with gamepad companion or something like that.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Ok, Which one of you devs has a Skype? I've been trying to model an AG Ship in Blender and I ragequit every time I try to start with a cube. It's driving me nuts, and I wanted to start making models for my attempt at a WipEout HD Fury clone, AeroDynasty. This game will be set in the universe of Sonic the Hedgehog, in a time after sonic dies of a ripe, old age.

The year is 3330, ten years have passed since the Anti-Gravity Racing Roots Grand Prix has propelled the sport all around Mobius. But corruption is a threat that never dies easily. Stephanos DeGroot, Directing Manager of Astrea Research and Development seceded from the Avernichii Foundation of AG Racing, along with five other teams, from the twelve that registered within the past ten years of the AGRRGP. This division by principle, outraged Argos Avernichii, and decided to use his resources to pool his six teams into an alliance dedicated to end the newly-founded Degroot Coalition's plans for domination of the MX100 Race Commission.

"They think we are outmatched, yet we are six teams united for the same purpose we strive for, liberty from corruption! If that Raptor wants to turn the League into a cesspool of carnage, he has another thing coming. Only through combined victories, can we save the Spirit of AG Racing. We are the true standard of the sport. Together we are an AeroDynasty!"
    -Argos Avernichii, Avernichii Foundation Summit, 3330, day 150.

"Good Sports? PAH! We're lacking an audience, because they crave action! The kind that hedgehog won't allow. The sport is only as enjoyable, as the audience that demands it. They don't seem to care about barrel rolls and mag-strips. All they want is action! And that's what we'll give them! To Doom with Avernichii, a global Coalition, is our destiny!"
    -Stephanos Degroot, DeGroot Coalition Press Assembly, 3330, day 149.

With Hyperion Enterprises leading the Charge for the Avernichii Foundation, their Lead Pilot Archibald McShane will soon determine the future of the sport!

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Quote Originally Posted by FEISAR_ARCH View Post
    Which one of you devs has a Skype?
    Every one of us have skype since that's our main way to communicate atm and it was pretty much the whole time since we got into the development of this game
    Last edited by Xpand; 18th August 2014 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Misinterpretation

Hello I'm new here
    I signed up after playing your demo
    First sorry for the language

I played every game wipeout, rollcage, extreme g -series so I have some experience with this type of games.
    First issue is jumping camera on the geometry of the tracks,
    Second - tracks are to difficult of course must give same challange but they should give fun at the fastest class.
    On cassadra still fall out on jumps of because of the speed. For me wipeout 3 gameplay was the best so I like to see something similar.
    It's nice to hear that someone wants to continue Wipeout game STYLE after closing the liverpool studio so
    If You need some help I have some free time, i can everything static 2d (vector, digital painting, mate painting, concepts, visual identity) and some 3d modeling
    Here are some concepts what i made:

PSN ID
    Killercrusher232

Wow, you guys have been busy huh?

It has been over two years since I last posted here jeez. And yet on a forum I joined only a few months ago I nearly have 2000 posts already (And it's a forum for a game I've never played and never will heh)

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Quote Originally Posted by VibiVibe View Post
    I played every game wipeout, rollcage, extreme g -series so I have some experience with this type of games.
    First issue is jumping camera on the geometry of the tracks,
    Second - tracks are to difficult of course must give same challange but they should give fun at the fastest class.
    On cassadra still fall out on jumps of because of the speed. For me wipeout 3 gameplay was the best so I like to see something similar.
    - jumping camera on geometry, can't help it - EDIT: Well nevermind, I just fixed it lol
    - difficult tracks is a matter of lack of experience in game dev in our team (narrow tracks)
    - can't make wipeout 3 gameplay at current development stage

Quote Originally Posted by VibiVibe View Post
    If You need some help I have some free time, i can everything static 2d (vector, digital painting, mate painting, concepts, visual identity) and some 3d modeling
    Well, currently we don't have any tasks in these regions but if we'll have anything we might contact you
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 24th August 2014 at 01:48 PM.

It took a while!

I’ve got only one thing to say:

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    BrunoGatts

Hey, any news on this problem? Sixaxis works with usb overdrive, but I'd like to play via bluetooth with gamepad companion or something like that.
    Hey! Sorry for my late answer, btw! >_<
    Just tried with GamePad Companion here, but am not even able to start it. The damn program keeps crashing on my Macbook Pro.
    I told you about USB OverDrive because that was the one which I used to demonstrate the October Demo on BIG and for some friends.
    Though I still dunno if USB Overdrive recognizes a Bluetooth Controller, but I can assure you that it recognizes the PS4 controller connected with an USB.

If there are still any doubts, please feel free to ask me or PM me

btw, my configuration is:

Macbook Pro 2010 (version 7.1)
    4Gb DDR3 1066MHz RAM (2x 2Gb RAM)
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 Mb GPU.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, it works with USB Overdrive. What's very interesting is that when I duplicate an input device in USB Overdrive and choose a ps3 controller in it, and also turn off the stock preset, the game would still block. Do you have the same problem?
    Nope, I don't have this kind of problem. Are you sure that you configured everything right? it works normally with me o.o

Further, the game is stuck when not using any gamepad helpers, whereas, in example, Trine 2 works.
    And it seems if I just copy a 'Game' preset in USB Overdrive without even choosing a ps3 controller, the game would still not run, even though that one copied preset is the only one enabled.
    Weird... can you place a printscreen or something here so I can fully understand what's going on?
    Last edited by BrunoDG; 2nd September 2014 at 05:49 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -3

Hey guys. I'm new here... I was just accepted today, so yeah.

The game is pretty nice! Plays a lot like Pulse(though I like WO3 and WOPure styles), and gotta admit this is going somewhere, I hope it doesn't get cancelled out of sudden. The complaints I have here is the pitch, which, just don't work...The AI preety much pitches as it pleases, if you look to it playing after finishing the race; and Logos handling. No matter what I do I keep hitting the walls with that ship. I can't be playing this ship so badly... even Piranha(Pulse) feels more maneuvarable than Logos.

BUT, aside from that, the game plays very nicely, just some textures that need to be polished(IMO), other game modes(Elimination: NOOOOOOO! PLZZZ! I BEG OF YOU! < Hate that one), and the remaining tracks. Keep up the good work

Goldstar Advancements Obital Defence Platform 'Sentinel Station'
    PSN ID
    kingpin123455

Just as an idea, but when you finish the game's beta stage why not get it green listed of Steam. There's a ag racing game called quantum rush currently avalable but that game is still in the early alpha stages. I would definitely vote for SSGX to be accepted for download/pay and download depending on which one you choose. Maybe even add a free demo version with two teams and one track if you choose the pay and download option.
    Last edited by kingpin12345; 20th September 2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Minor change of word.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I just recently discovered Slipstream GX, and I'm amazed at what you guys have accomplished! It's a labor of love, and it shows in the demo - it's shaping up to be an awesome game.

I had a few art-related questions that I thought I'd drop here - if someone knows the answers, I'd be grateful.

- Will it be eventually be possible for players to mod Slipstream GX with their own custom signage, ship models and/or liveries (skins)?

- Is there a reference document for artists anywhere listing the suggested dimensions and format (file type, # of colors, etc.) for signboards and other textures in the game? I'd love to try my hand at contributing!

- Similarly, is there an official reference posted someplace showing all the manufacturer logos and colors?

- Finally, one thing that caught my attention was the (placeholder?) pilot portraits when picking a craft. I've always had a soft spot for racing games that give the drivers names and personalities (Wipeout, WO3, Quantum Redshift, XGRA, etc.), so seeing that made me happy. Any chance of seeing a full-screen portrait of your driver in a victory pose after winning a race/circuit, similar to the original Wipeout?

Thanks, guys - I'll be following this closely as it develops!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    - Similarly, is there an official reference posted someplace showing all the manufacturer logos and colors?
    Yes! The official SlipStream website provides info on the ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I've always had a soft spot for racing games that give the drivers names and personalities (Wipeout, WO3, Quantum Redshift, XGRA, etc.)
    Do you mean WipEout Fusion? 3 did not mention any pilots at all.

In any case, welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay! ^_^

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3000 View Post
    Yes! The official SlipStream website provides info on the ships.
    You know, I'd looked there earlier, but the drop down menu didn't work for me, so I assumed the info hadn't been posted yet. Turns out it was user error - I had forgotten to give NoScript permission to run scripts on the page. ^^; That's just the thing I was looking for, now that I can actually view it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3000 View Post
    Do you mean WipEout Fusion? 3 did not mention any pilots at all.

In any case, welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay! ^_^
    D'oh! Yes, that's exactly the one I was thinking of, the PS2 Wipeout. (Well, the first one, if you count the PS2 version of Pulse.) That game stuck in my memory for a few things - the pilots, ship upgrades (which I thought was a neat element), and the "off-road" dirt stretches of track, which struck me as unusual for a Wipeout game.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you guys.