Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: HD Fury Expansion Pack

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

Divine Excrement, this is awesome, I just made a mess in my pants.

Intercourse yeah!

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

@AG Wolf , the price doesn't matter, your right was just interested. cant wait to fly these new tracks and ships, the zone modes however seem bizarre but i'm sure thats just because i'm in awe of the new content. There seems no mention of new weapons which thankful for dont think i could handle all that explosiveness

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    Is it possible for someone to copy/paste the update details. I cannot go to those sites where i am at
    Check my link on Youtube, I copied/pasted the blog post and Paul's post here on the Zone in the description.
    Wait, if you have content filter, here it is:
    Hi everyone! This is Daimion Pinnock, Producer for WipEout HD, back to introduce Game Director Tony Buckley. Hes here to tell you about a brand new expansion pack for WipEout HD, as well as its first showing this week at E3!

Hello everybody,

Im Tony Buckley, Game Director for WipEout HD and Im pleased to announce that the team here at Studio Liverpool have been busy working on a new expansion pack for your favourite anti-gravity racer.

And whats more, it is set to be given its first public showing at this weeks E3 expo, so if youre lucky enough to be attending, make sure you stop by and try it out!

The WipEout HD Fury expansion pack will increase the content of your current game with 8 new tracks, 13 new ship models and 3 new game modes, 2 of which will be available for online play! In addition there will be new trophies to attain, a re-styled front-end and a selection of new & improved multiplayer functionality!

The Eliminator game mode will allow you to release all that pent-up aggression as you use the full arsenal of Wipeout weaponry to destroy your opponents. Forget those racing lines; this is all about destruction, with the victor being the first to reach the target score!

Zone Battle is about risk and reward! Acceleration is automatic as you swoop over zone pads to fill your zone bar. Your choice is whether to use the bar to increase your speed and boost your ship ever closer to the target zone or absorb it to replenish vital lost energy. Warning, avoid the zone barriers, obstacles left on the track by your opponents as they boost towards the target zone, hitting these can literally destroy your hopes of victory!

Our Detonator mode introduces a brand new ship model to the game that will test both your piloting skills and your shooting accuracy as you accelerate through as many as 14 stages. Score points by destroying the mines that have been strewn along the track and take out the bomb on each stage to earn additional points. The more accurate you are the more points and bonuses you will score!

Just like the original WipEout HD, all the new content will be released in glorious 1080p resolution and will run at a smooth 60fps.

Take a sneak peek at the track and ship visuals in our WipEout HD Fury trailer and selection of screenshots.

Remember, Wipeout HD is available exclusively from PlayStation Store so check it out in readiness for the release of the Fury expansion pack coming this summer!

PSN ID
    PLazarou

I'm amazed they're claiming 60fps for all new modes. Eliminator could turn into an unplayable slideshow in Pulse. It's hugely impressive if they've optimised to that extent.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Holy jesus ****ing corpus christi hairy bollocks i think i just shat myself!

I'd like to say HOLY ****ING ARSEBANDITS but that would be traiterous

I'll be back on the forums in a couple of weeks, i'm slipping into a coma

SL I LOVE YOU

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 1st June 2009 at 04:41 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Well, thanks for the additional info, Paul!
    Actually, that's pretty much what I predicted, 4 tracks, plus their reverse version.
    What I didn't see coming was the new game modes - ace idea!
    the concept ship models look absolutely frickin fantastic as well! The only thing that slightly bothers me, if there are 13 new models, that certainly means 12 concept models for the existing teams, plus one special ship for the fancy new game mode. Which leaves one question:
    Where in the world are Tigron and VanÜber? (not that I'm complaining, but I was definitely expecting to see them again...)

@zeeZ: Divine Excrement - I am laughing my guts out! Brilliant! Would give you some more rep if the system let me...

EDIT: The new Goteki model is so unbelieveably sweet, I might just have to switch teams. Have been dreaming about Goteki sometimes anyway, especially when I fail to accelerate my heavy Aursome at the start of the race

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    @zeeZ: Divine Excrement - I am laughing my guts out! Brilliant! Would give you some more rep if the system let me...
    On your behalf I did it.

Also, Goteki has always been sweet, don't know what you're on friend...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post

Also, Goteki has always been sweet, don't know what you're on friend...

QFT Goteki 45 is my good buddy buddy my friend friend. I and said the new Goteki 45 Looks good very much GOOD GOOD.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FrenkyV

Nice, can't wait

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by PLazarou View Post
    What on earth are you on about? This is a content update, not a patch. In any case, the most recent patch appears to have fixed the minor issues that cropped up after the major 1.3 update. This DLC adds new game modes and extra tracks. The game (in its normal modes) will play exactly the same.
    Have a GOOD LOOK at the new content.

Either I'm going blind or the "LOOK" of HD has been changed.

It's almost looks like it's a cross between a partially rendered version of the extra tracks from W03 and HD.

The contrast has changed to emphasize the outlines of both the tracks and the craft,and those outlines have been filled in a different animated effect.
    [Similar to the movie "A scanned Darkly" ]

I'm not saying it's worse nor better,it's just different than what we have had previously.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Erm, no? Not in normal races at least... from what I can see, the new look you're referring to is only present in Zone Battle and Detonator mode.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

zone battle: ProblemSolver, welcome to your online playground

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

I wanted Vertica over Modesto Heights, but I can't complain too much, and Eliminator Online is going to be so much fun. So, so, so, so x29 MUCH FUN.

This is really awesome! Thank you Studio Liverpool!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Dito i agree RJ. Vertica would of definitely be my choice for sure Pulse track rulz! Vertica is the best for Eliminator mode.

Now where can i download the trailer of this to mpeg4 or something???????

Timezone
    GMT -5

AWESOME. Totally awesome. I felt a rush of adrenaline when I saw the announcement. Entirely, completely, awesome...

WipEout HD Fury is TONS better than the 'Ultimate Racing' title suggested by buttonmashernz.

AWESOME a million times over! Thank you Studio Liverpool! I never tire of repeating the fact that I bought the PS3 specifically for WipEout!!!

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

Holy Crap! That is absolutely incredible! I hope it doesn't release before I get my PS3 back from Sony. That would suck.

Zone Battle looks like a whole lot of fun! And, for the record, Detonator reminds me of the scene in "Hackers" somewhat. Was that intentional? lol

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Ahhhhh!!! I can't wait!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

In the trailer video, did anyone notice what looked like someone using the leech beam at one point, only it appeared to have a slingshot effect (yanked the leeched ship back really hard and flung the leecher by fast)? Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me or it was just the camera angle? When I saw it I was like, "OMG! A new weapon?!" Hmmm...

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

With the added Eliminator, Zone Battle and Detonator modes we may need a new recurring event:

Cambodia! ;D

A spin-off of Kanar's Avalon events.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Sadly, Vertica isn't in this pack as I'd hoped. Looks like we'll have to, ahem, "settle" for Moa Therma, Sol 2, and Anulpha Pass.

But yeah, now my summer has a purpose!

PSN ID
    FatScarf

awesome, a 180 spin move for the battle mode? looks ace! WOOP