Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: WipEout Fury Official Release Date!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

After downloading the update and reading this thread, I've been trying to crash/break the game, but nothing. Online works fine (no issues with the lobby), hasn't stalled in exiting a speedlap (ghosts on or off), BR's work awesomely now (my biggest thumbs up to this, I love them now), Havn't seen any slowdown with eliminations as of yet (or bombs exploding right infront of me).

Stats screen is pretty win tho. Was susprised at some of my stats however, such as about 65% of my laps are online (Seems right), but about 65% of my game time was in the offline Campaign mode (don't know how that works).

Sorry, but no complaints as of yet. Only glitch so far is the Photo count in the Stats menu. Works great, thanks SL. Bring on Fury.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Oh yes Barrel Rolls are awesome. Keep the guy who coded this!
    I've finally equalled my best single race time on Sol 2. Wow, simply wow.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    I know, that's why I am talking about it only. ...
    Ah, my comment was more of a general statement.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Since the patch I haven't been able to finish one tournament. My races complete, but my game freezes around end of first/beginning of second race in a tourney.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Quote Originally Posted by HISHO[JP] View Post
    JP users reports same thing. This must be fixed before FURY.

And additional one.
    Control settings may be initialized once when updated.
    Yeah, I found out the hard way, just jumping into a race. My airbrakes weren't at the usual buttons anymore (L1/R1). Quit, changed the buttons and then joined a PA On room. Apparently PA was on as well...

Much fun were had

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

Love the new menu system but I was so dissapointed when I read the blurb that came with it saying Fury was out now cos it's not.

Anyone know what time its out tomorrow?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Probably about 2 -3pm your time.

We is Australia get the updates around midnight Thursday 1 am Friday so your 10 hours behind us,but get updated at the same time ,we download off the UK PStore for this one [well redirected to be technical].

I think the update probably contains the game, buying the game will just download a key to unlock it, so it should be quick.

But then again this is SONY so I could be wrong.

PSN ID
    krioto

Hi - big thanks SL.

No issues for me - played pretty much all night. Love the new join friends option - played with a few chaps I hadn't seen for a while.

The silver skins don't look so silver anymore on the ship-select screen.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

First I want to say that I dont think I have all the problems some of you keep telling about. Will have a more close look later regarding that... but an example is that I think my chrome ships are as they always where..

And a good thing about the new selection screens is that its easier/faster to choose, but I think the old ones looked better. Should use the old ones for Campaign and the new ones for Online imo.

Nice nudge/friend system, game invites etc are always a problem on Ps3 compared to 360, but this makes it a lot better than before.

Thanks for all the work put on this game!

(Something I would want to see in the future is solid 60fps. Do whatever it takes to get it, reduce visual effects etc, its all worth it. I have screentearing at least once on all tracks i think. On some I have it more than once per lap, always on the same place. Even if im alone on the track. Really hate it. ><)

PSN ID
    superpj1

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Tweedle
    What do you all think of the new ship and track select screens ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mic-dk
    To be perfectly honest I liked the old ones better... Sorry But I'll live with them
    I prefered the old ones too. The new select screens are "more complicated", moreover there is a short delay when you switch tracks.
    Last edited by superpj1; 22nd July 2009 at 08:27 AM.

PSN ID
    superpj1

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    Ah, my comment was more of a general statement.
    ProblemSolver, this has to be your shortest message I have ever read

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Have you guys updated your system software to 2.80 yet?

If not do so,makes a big difference,it's not a mandatory update ,so you will have to go to system setting > check for updated> then download,this one fixes quite a few previous problems with HD

PSN ID
    GTP_Mars

Quote Originally Posted by brummpahh View Post
    after the 2.00 update i encountered massive frame drops
    Same here, but it was happening offline for me - I've never noticed it before, but last night it was happening alot. I saw it on every track I raced (I was attempting the Meltdown tournament), and it usually happened in the same place on the circuit (particularly the first turn at Vineta K in a Phantom class race) but also at other points on the same track, and on the other circuits I played.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Havn't encountered any of the problems apart from the darker silver ships and campaign menu screens. BR which i hate is now perfect. Zico challange should be completed this week now!!!

I don't know about anyone else but my Auricom is very responsive!!! I haven't played the game for a long while and i'm usually very rusty, but it feels very good round the tigh corners. Elhabib can you confirm this?

The nudge system is great, good work guys.

I did notice one micro freeze when I was doing speed laps. Hope this gets ironed out in future patches. TBH, I really do like this patch. Minor issues like graphical looks i'm not bothered with TBH. i'm here to race, not look at menus

PSN ID
    anderkovver

lets not talk about colors its just a matter of taste and maybe things changes with fury..i had sometimes a little lag (online races) not as much as before the last update
    i really like that my ship choice stayes when i choose it for flash go to rapier and come back to flash as i race with icaras for flash and ag systems for rapier....the game froze just once in de online menu screen ....track and craft select menu is much better now BR are perfect now...(so i can finnaly get my zico tropy) i did not try zone mode cause i dont like the mode but maybe in fury .....good work you guys at liverpool for what i think wipeout is the best game ever ....thank you for that...cant wait for fury

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MAMUTHcz

I had some problems with this patch...I couldnt download it and everytime i tried go online the game froze up on me!!! I had to delete game from hdd and then download it again from store. after this, patch downloaded automaticaly...I think sony should implement something to scan for new patches manualy for those cases

PSN ID
    JamboGT

Sad to say that my PS3 which is currently undergoing repair looks like it won't be back this week.

Damn insurance company...

I will have to wait...

Sigh...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Quote Originally Posted by anderkovver View Post
    lets not talk about colors its just a matter of taste
    It's also a matter of function and readability. Light blue, or purple, on a medium gray background (on 3 of the 8 campaign menus) is quite hard to read, especially with text this small, and this should be corrected.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Readability is something I forgot on WipEout HD a long time ago. I have "only" a big SD TV, and the game's texts were not optimized for that kind of display.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

there's something i can't understand.

Fury is release on July 24th, but PS Store update are every thursday, so the 23th...

does that mean we'll have Fury tomorrow, on Friday, or next week?