Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Race Flash?

When i said i like to race flash i ment i still race venom and rapier. I've also been doing speed laps on phatom as practice. My point some people don't like it. As for flash i'm aiming for a top 10 time on every track and there's 2 global records i'm sure i can beat lol i already hold 1 record and i'm top 10 in 4 others.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

I race them all. There's just not enough people on when I'm on to be picky. I tend to play Rapier if I have a choice but I'll play Venom or Phantom if that's all there is at any given time.

I'm not worth a regardless of the class though so if you see me online you can work on your Assassin trophy

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by crawdad62 View Post
    I'm not worth a regardless of the class though so if you see me online you can work on your Assassin trophy
    classic. don't worry, i reckon even if i had unlimited plasmas and someone in an icarus gion critical i don't think i could eliminate them. i just don't have that killer instinct, neither do i have the capacity to aim

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    I never look down at Flash and Rapier - I actually enjoy those races as much as I do Phantom. Tactics and Weaponry play a much larger role in Flash - and it makes it all the more interesting. The downside, is the Flash rooms don't contain as many seasoned vets, but when you find one, its a good time.

I will say that Venom is taking it a little too far, but outside of that, I'm game for anything.
    same here, recently I had some nice venom tournaments even, was very enjoyable,
    there were some good players too, was very close sometimes, then we also did
    flash and rapier.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

sorry fellas, i couldnt bring mself to race flash or venom any more, unless it was a big group of friends. years of racing phantom and zoning in pure, pulse and HD really pulled me away from slower speed class. ill have to agree with Kanar on this one, the music and voices and everything else just fit so well into a phantom race...try listening to pendulum or something in a venom race.....mmmmmmaybe not so much .

PSN ID
    superpj1

Quote Originally Posted by Firedshot View Post
    I see alot of posts but can never figure out who race's what. I race Flash mostly and was wondering if anyone else does and if they want a race?
    Hi Fireshot I also race Flash. Unfortunately for us, most players prefer Phantom ... sometimes I host a tournament, and after 2 or 3 races, people start leaving because they find it too slow, it's very discouraging

PSN ID
    chboing

superpj1, go in the arena section, give a name to your tournament, tell us a date and a GMT time , and you'll be full for sure, i'll be the first one to try beeing available

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

The vast majority plays at Venom and Flash. It's pretty annoying that only
    a few random server offers Phantom speed. My problem is that I suck at
    sub-Phantom speed. Sometime I wanna crab my coffee but I get somehow
    reminded that I'm actually in a race. xD Anyone? I get the feeling that one
    can never go back once playing at Phantom speed and beyond. Oh dear!

When I'm at my mate steve's house (moosemanmike) we do like to do some venom/flash SL
    (if theres no phantom games) because you can realy appreciate just how much u have to nail
    it to get a decent time. and there are alot of sneaky BR in lower speeds; like in matropia forwards
    after the mag strip, sideshifting right dureing the felthander onto the speed bad gives you air for a
    BR and all of a sudden "OMG DID U SEE THAT!!". steve ended up with a top 20 time i think.

PSN ID
    superpj1

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    My problem is that I suck at sub-Phantom speed. Sometimes I wanna crab my coffee but I get somehow
    reminded that I'm actually in a race.
    lol

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

I doubt anyone races only one particular speed class. I'm a flash/rapier racer myself, but mostly flash.

So yah, I race flash.

edit: w00t 200 posts

PSN ID
    finngers

I pretty much only play Phantom but as nobody is setting up Eliminator games in that speed sometimes I have to play rapier

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

I can be found playing all speed classes, as I think it's important to enjoy this game from all aspects. Although I must admit when Vinny makes me play venom the races can be sleep enducing without getting a turbo...

But it takes skill and dedication to be good at any speed, or maybe it's just what you feel comfortable with. I've never felt comfortable with phantom, and although I'm a decent player it just seems to stress me out more than anything, and I could do with a bit less of that right now Rapier is where I feel most at home.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Quote Originally Posted by stinkleroy View Post
    Rapier is where I feel most at home.
    Me too. As I said earlier I'll do any race class but Rapier just seems right. It's fast enough that I have to be paying attention but slow enough that I can still pilot my ship smoothly. I'm a wall banger in Phantom on some of the corners.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JesterStoeck

I race in every speed class, but I prefer Rapier. It seems to be the perfect speed for me. Flash is okay, but I tend to find Venom a bit too slow/boring. I don't like racing at phantom because I find it is too hard to react quickly.

A typical phantom speed race for me is as follows:

3...2...1.. Go (boost)

*speed pad* *speed pad* *missed speed pad*

First turn perfect/ *speed pad* *weapon pick-up*

*Glances up* *wall scrape* wall scrape* *sideshift off the wall*

*speed pad* *wall scrape* *ping pong in a chicane**absorb weapon*

*Repeat until end of race*

Timezone
    GMT -6

Rapier and Phantom too, Flash and Venom are too slowww

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    PoliPino

I'm mostly a Flash racer. Rapier if there aren't any Flash races going on.

I never get more than 1 hour to play at one time, so I don't get to practice too much on the faster speeds.

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

I only really race slower than Rapier if Vinny or Stinkleroy are online racing at that speed. Apart from that ill be racing Phantom unless there isnt a room going online for people at that speed.

I used to be quite happy at Rapier when playing online, but i forced myself out of my comfort zone and after a bit of practice fell into Phantom quite easily. The stressful part gives way after a while.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Who's Vinny?

I only play phantom with pilot assist off.

Cant stand playing venom as it puts me into a boredom coma, never really tried the other speeds either.

But saying that there is still much skill required for venom as one slight mistake can cost dearly and also i think the stretegy with weapons is more paramount as they will turn the tide of battle very quickly.