Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D3D9Wrapper for Texture mods...

Timezone
    GMT -3

Default D3D9Wrapper for Texture mods...

So, if someone remebers my old post about that stuff form modding the textures., well I did it.
    see what you people think
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

They look very smooth

Timezone
    GMT -3

Thx, but those are just the default textures with some text over it, just to do a proof of concept. It is possible now, but to make a WipEout Pure/Pulse "HD" I'd need some texture artists. :/

Well I just hope someone would take their time(cuz I don't really have much) to do this stuff

I made a smoothened version of the side of the craft.(do you guys know how to put a spoiler bar?)
    Last edited by Rafeku; 11th August 2015 at 05:09 PM.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Wait, does this revive the custom skin ability from PulsE? Or are you overwriting the main textures from the game?

Also, those AG-SYS shots are from PurE, if I'm not mistaken, and this is being made on the PulsE forums. Just slightly confusing.

But this looks promising...

Timezone
    GMT -3

*Bump*
    Yes this AG-SYS is from Pure, and Yes it does overwrite the textures using a D3D9 Hook on the emulator. I wanted to see what would come out from this, but no one took interest in making a a WipEout Pulse/Pure HD or making skins...

Timezone
    GMT -5

Making skins would be something I'd be interested in...

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Me too! I want the functionality we lost when the wipeout-game.com site went down.

What we really need is the ability to ADD skins, just like the old method had. I want to keep the main skins for the game as they are.

Timezone
    GMT -3

*Bump* You can keep the main skins normally. Just don't use the texmod hack.
    A little information for you guys: If you're interested, Texmod works with PPSSPP. When you extract a texture, you'll se it is in the wrong color scheme, that's because it's in BGR, intestead of RGB. To fix this, you can use "Infranview" to change the color mode(IDK if photoshop has it) and then you can edit the texture in Photoshop. once done, go to infranview once again and change it back to BGR.

My intention of doing this is to have an WipEout Pure/Pulse "HD" but I don't have the skill, nor the time to do it. If we could contact the guy from "Aliens Papercraft"... He re-worked on the textures of the pure models for the papercraft. I just wish someone would take part on doing that...I've been seeing people doing Slipstream GX and Ballistic NG, but it seems no one is interested in giving new life to an old game, being it possible today...

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by Rafeku View Post
    *Bump* You can keep the main skins normally. Just don't use the texmod hack.
    A little information for you guys: If you're interested, Texmod works with PPSSPP. When you extract a texture, you'll se it is in the wrong color scheme, that's because it's in BGR, intestead of RGB. To fix this, you can use "Infranview" to change the color mode(IDK if photoshop has it) and then you can edit the texture in Photoshop. once done, go to infranview once again and change it back to BGR.

My intention of doing this is to have an WipEout Pure/Pulse "HD" but I don't have the skill, nor the time to do it. If we could contact the guy from "Aliens Papercraft"... He re-worked on the textures of the pure models for the papercraft. I just wish someone would take part on doing that...I've been seeing people doing Slipstream GX and Ballistic NG, but it seems no one is interested in giving new life to an old game, being it possible today...
    Have you extracted the ship textures that I can use to create templates?

Timezone
    GMT -3

2lazy2dothisstuff.
    I'd have to load, and reload the tracks multiple times, to see which ship textures would appear in game(and in texmod).
    If you want to do the templates yourself, you can use the version "ppsspp-v1.0.1-806-g1c61470-windows(-amd64 or x86) with DirectX 9 render to run the game.

Another hint, when the ships are distant, the game has a low resolution texture for it, so don't get mistaken.
    Also, for the sake of being acurate, I believe tha most people which uses PPSSPP, uses the texture scaling in 4x(that's the max of the version I provided, for some reason it doesn't have 5x, but whatever); Texmod will treat each texture scaling like one new texture, of preference, use the highest graphical setting possible. Here's mine:
    Performance:
    Mipmapping - On(That I don't know if it's really necessary to do, but I left it on anyways

Texture Scaling:
    Scale Level - 4x
    Type of Scale - Hybrid
    Desposterize - Checked

Texture Filtering:
    Anisotropic Filter - 16x
    Texture filter - Auto
    Screen Scaling Filter - Linear

Timezone
    GMT -3

Default Big amping Bump

So, I'm back with some goods:

Pulse PSP "HD" is possible with the PS2 assets that are stored in the disk, I've even found some weird stuff in there(Ape Escape for example, SL probally was up to something with Konami). I just really wish someone would take their time to make it possible. Everything is there it just needs to be flipped and converted to th BGR pallette. Also if anyone interested, I've replaced the classic liveries of all ships with it's ps2 counterparts.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Very much YES! Please keep it up!

Timezone
    GMT -3

I really need someone to make the textures to the concept ships, since the PS2 port doesn't have anything in it's resources for no reason. PM me for the files, I can extract them.
    Also I can only enter on weekends so I can only do so much.
    About now I already have the eliminator ships ready to be used, but the zone ships will give me headaches because looks like they've remaped the UV's so I would need to break the texture to do something. Another problem will be the track textures and misc textures(backgrounds, assets, etc...).These will take too long for me, and I don't have the patience to extract those one by one. Not really a problem finding the "guts" of the ships, but I think I'll be unable to edit those, since they're very simplified, so does the "gut" of the ship, so I won't be able to do those fine details the PS2 version had unfortunately.

I really need someone to take on trying to do this, I don't have time to do the stuff, It's all there.
    I'm not pointing you guys to piracy, but get an ISO of the PS2 version, open it and get the "PADZ" file and extract it with 7-zip.I don't have bandwith to upload this folder, and some people here already have it I think. Really the game needs some bigger textures to go into the big screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Here you fricking go.(instructions inside)
    WipEout Pulse PS2 Textures + PPSSPP
    Ship Templates
    Last edited by Rafeku; 12th June 2016 at 07:42 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -3

Sorry to double post but the topic kinda died out and no one gave feedback. on the post above I've released the Textures along with the emulator with instructions. Also I've left "templates" for you to use in the second link. Someone give me some feedback. I'd love to see skins for this game(and PurE) for that matter.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Screenshots look cool

Unfortunately the first link is not connecting The second link works fine.

Will def. try it out when I can read some instructions

Timezone
    GMT -3

Quote Originally Posted by amplificated View Post
    Screenshots look cool

Unfortunately the first link is not connecting The second link works fine.

Will def. try it out when I can read some instructions
    The first link is working fine for me, try again. And the instructions are inside the first download package... I'll change those to be clickable, check later.

Seriously though, did anyone try this yet? People just did not seem to be interested in this...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Hmm. The link still won't connect for me; it just idles out. Reckon you could post the instructions in this thread?

TBH I think most people don't use emulators, and especially for something that sounds outside their comfort zone e.g. heavily modding games, it just seems like an unnecessary hassle - especially when information on how to do it isn't forthcoming.

Timezone
    GMT -3

Quote Originally Posted by amplificated View Post
    Hmm. The link still won't connect for me; it just idles out. Reckon you could post the instructions in this thread?

TBH I think most people don't use emulators, and especially for something that sounds outside their comfort zone e.g. heavily modding games, it just seems like an unnecessary hassle - especially when information on how to do it isn't forthcoming.
    It's not heavy modding. There's a program, and you load the files. You make it load the emulator with these files. Done. A really resumed version of it.And that's what basically you're gonna do once everything is set the way it's told in the instructions. I've made images of it and it's inside the package, so I could be clear. Even if you knew how to do it(unless you do it yourself the hassle I had to go through to put the ship textures) you still would need the packages...

Seriously I don't know what's happening that you can't open the link, it's working just fine. Try using another browser, use a proxy(HideMyAs* for instance), change DNS server, or try somewhere else(or with other device.).

Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

INSTRUCTIONS

This build is coming without the memorystick folder, so open up the emu
    first so it can create the folder, and also configure the graphics as 
    told in the settings image. Something that I've forgot to mention in
    the image: set the video backend FIRST to "D3D9"(DirectX9) or it won't
    work!!

Next, close the emu, and open Texmod. Click the folder icon, and select
    "PPSSPPWIndows.exe"; do not use the 64bit version since it won't work 
    with it.

Now select the "*.tpf" files I've included in this package and click
    run.
    After that PPSSPP will open, and you may play WOPulse as you wish with
    your brand new enhanced textures.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SKINS

Also, for the who want to do skins, I've included the TPFExtract, so
    you can see how the textures are placed. When you extract, it will 
    make a file called "texmod.def", which is basically a txt file to compile
    to tpf again.

To make the skins, there's a separate download with the ships templates.
    Once you're done skining, you have to flip the image upside down, change
    the color pallete from RGB to BGR, else the colors will go wrong, and
    separate the pieces to it's proper places. Once done use Texmod in packaging
    mode to recompile the TPF file. Just beware to not mix files.
    See if that helps.
    Last edited by Rafeku; 13th June 2016 at 05:14 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Oh right. The first link has the textures, which obviously I'm missing.

The ship templates can't be used.

Timezone
    GMT -3

Alternate donwload link on sendspace, see if it works for you.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/dbiq1c