Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AFTER FURY: The next download thoughts

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hemicrania View Post
    Id just like to see a ton of new tracks.
    Could it really be any simpler?

NoPE. And we definitely need more tracks that have reckoning segments to them. Like Chenghou's hairpin. I know we all have our death-related names we like to call that one, and that's precisely what the next game should have. More turns and parts of tracks so when you talk about them, people know exactly what you're talking about.

Also! I'd like to see reputations acted upon. Say you bomb Pirahna a lot when you play, well that would give you negative points and s/he would go out of their way to kill you in races as opposed to neutral or friendly status ships, which would avoid attacking you I guess.

I'm not quite sure, but that's how I used to imagine those really long tournaments back when I played Pure. Keeping up with the lead racers and making little identities for them, so whenever you rolled up beside them it was either go-time or let them be depending.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

How can bombing a Piranha ever give anyone a negative rep?

I call justifiable homicide and plus 5 points on any scale.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

@Handmadelion : i see what you mean.

but i really think that some AI have the sense of Vengeance, when it comes to rush into you or to fire the whole canon load...

or that just a feeling after getting Elite legend (%#*$£ Chenghou, this track is nice but AI on it...)

PSN ID
    Amorbis

What's this about bombing Piranhas? I'll have you know that Piranha ships are most often bombing other ships! At least mine is, and it's doing it with style .

Anyway, back on topic, I think the idea of reputation amongst teams is an interesting idea. According to an article I read in Edge Magazine issue 203 (or was it 202?), Colin McRae Dirt 2 will have a similar concept. Different drivers have respect for you on none depending on how you drive, if you crash in to them etc. Having friendships with drivers gets you into different events and so on. I'd rather see this in a future WipEout if at all. Would it suit WipEout? I was never too keen on WO1 and Fusion having pilots to choose.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    REITERATE THE TIME TRIAL HEAD TO HEAD. playing HD tonight, and it seems most of the bugs are gone, sometimes brs dont work, but not bad. THIS GAME IS (IS) ONLY ABOUT ****ING WEAPONS. Going from 2:01 in a race to oh, the next ****ing race, taking about ****ing 15 weapons hits, driving just fine, and getting a 2:20. Driving skill doesn't make a damn bit of difference in this game, not ****ing one bit. A little frustrated here, as you can see. Hitting one ****ing mine, oh nice, complete ****ing stop, great , oh, a bomb next, fall off the track, awesome, OH, 4 seconds back further on the track for the respawn, that is so nice. As much as I hated the acceleration problem in pure after weapon hits, I'd take that in a second compared to this. At least the walls slowed you down big time.

However, I think that one on one in this game can still be good, but PLEASE the time trial head to head, for the love of Wipeout Xl
    ]
    It's still not the best test of skill.

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

A few tracks with a 4 way split junction in it, would be great fun though.

"It's still not the best test of skill. "

no, but it is better by far than what we have now. The uproar that occured when Brs were not working at the tourney would be hilarious if it wasn't wrecking everyone's enjoyment of the game. One weapon like a single mine bringing you to a dead stop and destroying your race doesn't help either. Saying everyone has the same problem is incorrect as well. In our tournament, one person had the problem it seemed, and not the other, and it didn't neccessarily switch back, so basically screwing one person the entire time, causing severe amounts of stress. It became more about who was not getting screwed was going to win the race.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Indeed. FrostE and Jabberjaw ran some tests counting the BRs that didn't work. Jabberjaw had none working while FrostE could do them almost just fine. Sure, overall we can all suffer from the same problems, but not everyone has them show up in the same race, making things unfair.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

i took chengou project reverse hands down and won the whole track...everyone raced very well but we played one on one in this tourney...so if one person was getting screwed then it was all over...especially since we were racing near perfect races.

then sebenco came around and i dominated the TT...then we it came time for me and
    Al to battle....i couldnt get 2 BRs off in the same lap against him while his worked almost everytime. he was sitting RIGHT NEXT TO ME, so i could hear and see how they were working while mine werent.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    jan709

isnt the best solution to just get rid of br's alltogether? Or map it to a button like double tap r3 or something. That must be more reliable than an anlog movement.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Nope. We were all working with D-Pad (The D stands for Digital) and we all had non working BRs. It's not related to the input method.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

everyone knows dpads are better anyways ....buttttt my 2 neggies are in the mail as we speak O_O.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    jan709

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Nope. We were all working with D-Pad (The D stands for Digital) and we all had non working BRs. It's not related to the input method.
    Completly forgot about the d-pad, who needs it anyway

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I like your ides Al, particularly the idea of weapon pads which never deactivate.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

^ It's the only problem I have with Wipeout HD online, the long delay in weapon pad re-activation was meant to keep people from just camping on one weapon square and picking off people as they go by (ala Wipeout Pure Kai tournaments), but that ruins the racing, especially when you're right behind someone and they just take the weapon line and steal all your pickups.

Worst anti-cheating measure next to GT5P's rev-limit that kicks in when you scrape a wall on the Daytona oval.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

^ I think a boost in wep pad refresh time would do. Also to solve the camping issue people who idle under a certain speed too long(very slow) or go the wrong way should ghost out. Pretty much make them just a ghost ship that can't interact with pads+players.

We were also discussing maybe have the first lap weapon free, or something like that, so you don't lose the race in 4 seconds, instead you get to race your race for a lap, then let the battling start.

The left right left tap is the problem I think. It misses inputs for one player alot, but not the other. So if you tap left right left, and it misses the right, then you need to go all over again, next time it might miss r, so once again, all over again. I have notice sideshifts not working, but when that doesn't work, you just bash that button until it does, and since it is only one button you are pressing, it works fast, so it isn't as noticeable. There needs to be another type of input that utilizes one button I think, maybe tap back three times on the dpad or something, that way if it misses one of the taps, you only need to tap again, and it won't interfere with your steering. This way there isn't a reset of the three step process now. Personally I would rather have how it is now, IF it worked, but it seems it never will.
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 25th June 2009 at 08:07 PM.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

What would be quite cool is an arena style deathmatch mode, in the style of the classic 'Battle Mode' from Mario Kart.

So the same kind of weapons, with maybe some extra new ones specifically for this mode, and an arena style map instead of a track. The maps could still have track-like sections (maybe where you'd place the weapon pickups) but have a large central area for proper combat.

The ships handling could be adjusted to suit this mode further - perhaps have a unique 'battle mode' ship style like there is for Zone mode.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

The stick would be fantastic for Wipeout HD, but its those ****ing BRs that ruin it, so its the DPAD for me.

PSN ID
    RagnaRockPT

Quote Originally Posted by PLazarou View Post
    What would be quite cool is an arena style deathmatch mode, in the style of the classic 'Battle Mode' from Mario Kart.

So the same kind of weapons, with maybe some extra new ones specifically for this mode, and an arena style map instead of a track. The maps could still have track-like sections (maybe where you'd place the weapon pickups) but have a large central area for proper combat.

The ships handling could be adjusted to suit this mode further - perhaps have a unique 'battle mode' ship style like there is for Zone mode.
    like i said before something like this would be awesome, psignosys also made destruction derby so they could add something that remind us of it in a mode like this.

and the best is this "maps"/"arenas" would need much less space than a real track. I belive this 1GB download is because the HD textures take a LOT of space.

in the arenas they could reuse some models and textures of the tracks to keep the game small