View Poll Results: What's the hardest track for you?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chenghou Project

61 28.24%
  • Chenghou Project reverse

30 13.89%
  • Sebenco Climb

35 16.20%
  • Sebenco Climb reverse

39 18.06%
  • Sol II

10 4.63%
  • Sol II reverse

23 10.65%
  • Modesto Heights

31 14.35%
  • Modesto Heights reverse

58 26.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: What's the hardest track for you?

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    AP or moa..i call these mug tracks as anyone can win on these its just really about luck..
    You ever raced either Luxoflux, Wotan or Amorbis on Moa? You could have 10 boosts and you'd still do well to beat any one of them.
    I could probably count number of times ive won on this track against any one of these blokes on one hand lol.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I can count my wins on this track against Luxo on one finger. Can you guess which one? Seriously though, I'm always baffled as to where he gets the speed from on that track.

these are exceptional players..the extreme..

but a bad player has more chance to win on an easy track than a harder track imo...thats why the noobs pick those tracks.they only have to worry about thier opponents not the walls or the falling off and nasty corners.

as for where do those players you mentioned get that extra speed from..
    well i think they probally do that turbo br just past the right corner at the top of the hill and they probally do th double br finish or the super turbo br over the finish line post..as well as having a super tight line..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Well I was talking about Moa reverse, where I'm pretty sure Luxo at least has a non-intuitive, but insanely fast line around the two corners coming into the second mag-strip.

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

Its amazing that only 6 people put SOL 2 it was the hardest for me

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Where is Tech De Ra Reverse? It's my worst track by bloody miles
    Amphiseum forward comes a close 2nd, can't do that track neither

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    Well I was talking about Moa reverse, where I'm pretty sure Luxo at least has a non-intuitive, but insanely fast line around the two corners coming into the second mag-strip.
    Definitely.
    He has similar insane speed on sol2 rev. Had the TT record on that for LONG.

Pity he never makes videos. I think he knows something that he's not sharing

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I remember Wellington86 leaving everybody in his dust on the same tracks, and that was with the HD version of FEISAR.
    A lot of pilots wouldn't be familiar with him since he retired almost around the time FURY came out.
    I sense a few WTF moments to the poor sods who end up racing against him.

The hardest track for me is...

Vineta K forward.

Yes its true...

Its so hard because everyone can barrel roll spam the track and it makes it a very difficult race...

not to mention the hardest track to crack into the top 40 speed laps.
    bah......:-

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    I can count my wins on this track against Luxo on one finger. Can you guess which one? Seriously though, I'm always baffled as to where he gets the speed from on that track.
    I asked Luxo ages ago how he was so fast round there, he told me but then told me not to tell Wellington . It took me two years to finally nail a sub 2.00.00 time on Moa rev multiplayer and I happened to use luxo's suggestion doing it. SR's right, all he said was forget about the speed pad on the left as you go into the tunnel and keep tight to the right hand side corner instead which lines you up better with the next left hander leading on to the Mag strip.

There's a few people faster than me, so they can either confirm or not if this is Correct.
    Last edited by KGB; 2nd December 2010 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Words

interesting..never would have thought about that but it does kinda take the bend out and kep it straighter.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by KGB1971 View Post
    ...all he said was forget about the speed pad on the left as you go into the tunnel and keep tight to the right hand side corner instead which lines you up better with the next left hander leading on to the Mag strip.
    Yeah that's the Lux line, I remember him explaining it somewhere or other. I'm not sure if he still does it or if that line is actually faster, never really figured it out. I know that in weps off MoaR I tend to gain 0.1 - 0.2 on him at that section but he always munches that back + more at the last section of corners where I swear he must jump over them or something. Of course, you do get fluctuations in the time difference whn playing online due to lag so I'm not entirely sure if any of that's accurate, but it's what happens at my end at any rate. Crazy Dutchman

mines not on there? Talons Junction.
    hate that off set looptheloop that makes you wobble about as you realise you arnt going straight.

then theres that sort of hairpin at the end that i either go in too earlly and faceplat the inside wall. all leave it too late and grind along the outside

i used to hate modesto. but ive gotten over my fear off that long bend and i actually quite like chengou rev now. ive realised that the first corner chicane can be straightlined and the 2nd to last corner right angle i just throw it in there and see what happens. bit like every corner on sebenco reverse

PSN ID
    gordo31874

Absolutely with Nutcase.
    Don't like Talonzzzzz as
    1) damn mag strip non straightness and
    2) just can't get interested in it enough, just dull.
    3) face plant into the hairpin.

CP fwd, however, when you nail that track (e.g. side shift right on the first right corner after the tunnel, after the adverse amber left turn) you really nail it

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    haiku_

My worst tracks in the order of how much I dislike playing them (least to most).

Amphiseum
    The only thing I don't like about this is that Amphiseum Reverse is my favorite track in the game, yet it's forward version is just so uninteresting. Also, in phantom, I tend to go off track a lot on that first part before the drop off. I know there is a way to do that part ace and even get a BR off there, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Ubermall Reverse
    I'm beginning to love this more and more as I practice it on Speed Lap. My weak points are the first chicane after the down ramp but I am starting to hit that 80% of the time. However, I simply cannot do the Turbo BR onto the hill. I have watched Hellfire's tutorial, I have practiced it so many times and I just fail constantly. Open to any other coaching on that.

I do pretty well just jumping the corner before the hill and getting off a BR so I can do the two other BRs at the top of the hill and then coming down. Once I can do that part consistently well, Ubermall Reverse will be a strong point for me.

Chenghou Project Reverse
    It's depressing for me to see everyone else hit that shortcut with the turbo BR off the first hill and cut 2.5 seconds off a lap, and I just slam into the side of the track and fall, or, even when I do make it to the other side, I just slide into the wall and grind through the rest of the turn. I see people pull this part off so often that it must be way easier than I am making it, yet I just can't get it.

Sol 2
    I can race this track fine, but I always dislike it because I never win in multiplayer. Maybe it's because I race Icaras and it's fat ass just can't keep the corners tight enough? When people just zip by me on those tight turns I get so frustrated.

Sol 2 reverse
    Another one I rarely win at. It's that first hairpin. If you side shift through that turn you can pull off a BR but it's very hard for me to land the BR and not grind into the wall. If I could figure out how to get past that section more fluidly, I would really start to love this track.

Talons Junction
    Boring, and it's a pickup hoarding fest. Whoever leads the first lap is going to win that race.

Talons Junction Reverse
    No one ever plays it, so I have never really learned it well. In any case it's just as boring as TJ Fwd. And Studio Liverpool.... WTF. Why would you color the track the same color as the speed pads? There is just nothing I like about either TJ track.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    Yeah that's the Lux line, I remember him explaining it somewhere or other.
    Might have been the same time he was explaining it to me, in a chatbox. But I didn't really understand it because I tried and seemed to fail. Maybe I will try again and hope I'm better at it now.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

The hardest tracks for me are:

Talon's Junction - The corners are somewhat daunting to master, and I'm not used to it on Phantom class, with Pilot Assist Off. I'm only suited for Venom and Flash for this track, so it's not like I've played it on Pulse.

Modesto Heights - I'mma probably stick to either FEISAR, Assegai, or Harimau, so even if I master this track 50 times, the corners.... well, you get what I mean, since I'm not big on Phantom class.

Chenghou Project - To be honest, I just get AMBUSHED on the first tight left turn. Maybe I would've held back and let them pile up on each other, I could take the lead with ease .

Metropia (Reverse) - The blind corner's a nightmare after climbing up from a large drop, no matter how many times I master it, to be honest .
    Last edited by MetaKraken; 7th December 2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Forgot one mroe track

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

why is everyone bringing up modesto heights, Its not a good course for racing but why is everyone grown somesort of mini hate field against it.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    ElkBit

I always have trouble racing in Sebenco Climb; I guess it's the sloped turns and trying to barrel roll certain parts of the track.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I dont really have a least faveourite track so to speak I have a few hate corners though...

but I was thinking on moa reverse that luxo line just before the second magstrip is what I've been doing most of the time and I can see it works great(of course I mess up all over the rest of the track so it doesn't really matter) the thing is that for that to work in your favour you absolutely cannot mess up the second turn there or you loose time instead, compared to the speed pad line.

I also noticed that luxo does something on the 2 last corners just after the magstrip, where he gets in really close to the left wall in the first corner which lets him sort of cut the last corner there in a diagonal fashion. I noticed this because I use that line on moa forward and that always buys me a few meters,(again I mess up alot on the rest of the track so on the whole it doesn't matter much) especially online as people tend to wanna get that weapon pad there.