Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.10 Update issues other than advertising or leaderboard updates. NO ADVERT DISCUSSION

Default 2.10 Update issues other than advertising or leaderboard updates. NO ADVERT DISCUSSION

What problems other than advertising or leaderboard updates has 2.10 caused?

Please do not discuss or even mention adverts in this thread; posts mentioning the adverts will be entirely deleted. Advert discussion drowned all other discussion in the earlier thread concerning changes since the 2.10 firmware update, so that will not be allowed here; advert discussion has a new thread devoted exclusively to it. As does leader update failure.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I think the handling's changed. Not sure how, though.:s

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Increased occurrence of microstutter or uneven frame output or whatever this is called.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Yep lots of micro-freeze issues again. More PS3 freezes too.

I noticed an increased number of lag-starts. Almost in every session.
    It freaks me out everytime when everyone starts with lightspeed

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I've experienced more micro-freezes too. I was particularly annoyed when the game froze on me during the big drop on Amphiseum Reverse, resulting in me missing the sharp left-hander and plunging straight into the wall

Timezone
    GMT -5

I how how crazy I must come across as with the whole handling thing / missing operator inputs such as BRs or side shifts.

Immediately following 2.10 - it was better not 1.26 better, but better - sadly not even a couple days - it got worse than 2.00.

There has got to be a real issue, as other people (unprompted) tell me the same things, at the same times I notice them.

It seems the more input / busy the PS3 gets - the greater likelihood of missing a command. So if you're trying to BR off the upper deck, immediately after side shifting, and absorbing a weapon - one of those won't happen, even if you definitely do input the command.

Oh yes, and Vista pads have returned to me finally. Got a slew of them last night.

PSN ID
    drMannevond

Yup. Vista pads (or is this the new and improved Windows 7 pads?) galore, and microstutters all over the place, including during time trials.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    fleinn

..I have the stuttering as well, even in single player.

Just to check that I wasn't going (completely) mad, I wiped the game and downloaded the package again (it's the 1.25 version - fury won't install on top of this, but whatever..). And it is pretty obvious right away - after the patch, the scaler is running at some reduced mode from the start, which makes the colours look off (instead of subtly changing the light, it just blurs. The neon-light bleed on the previous patches turns into a grey smudge), and the detail disappears - the overview shots just showcase artefacts in the distance, or on the spaces where camera rotates around (like the finishing line). Specially on the far shots. There's something else done to the backgrounds as well. It doesn't jump at you because of how it's done, but if you look for it in the demo mode... you will start to cry, I promise you. Or, if you're not very emotional and that doesn't do it for you, try finding the writing on the wall in Ubermall, beside the floating head.

Otherwise, the framerate may be the same, but the input is not nearly as smooth. Zone.. lol.
    Last edited by Lance; 7th November 2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Advert comments removed. That subject will not infect this thread; it has its own thread.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    reach-big7, FEET_Fly-back7

Quote Originally Posted by mizunoori View Post
    I noticed an increased number of lag-starts. Almost in every session.
    It freaks me out everytime when everyone starts with lightspeed
    Agree with you
    I think that this is a terrible issue.
    The race should be impartial.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

I agree,}advert comments removed{ Anyway, the person who
    receives that has a huge advantage, even if times are fixed at the end of the
    race, he still gets all the items! Turbos, bombs etc
    Last edited by Lance; 7th November 2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Read the thread title. Adverts have their own discussion thread. They will not infect this thread.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

It's not only about the leader get all the extras. It sucks when you have had a last lap 1/10 sec nose to arse fight against an opponent and the positions are exchanged after the race's finished. It happend before the last patch, but during my last sessions it happend more often.

And I have to second that control issues. There are races where I'm not able to perform the easiest BRs.

In addition to that some Phantom races feel more like Rapier, we had that before, too.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    karsten_beoulve

lots of microstutters *offtopic content removed* and 2-3 system crashes...

waiting for 2.11 :/
    Last edited by Lance; 8th November 2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: No advert dicussion allowed in this thread; there is a thread for that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    QjonPL

I've noticed a new glitched record in ZONE AP...
    Last edited by QjonPL; 8th November 2009 at 08:45 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Here's a new one for me.

Firstly the race took a long time to load, particularly for one pilot. Then I was sitting on the start grid on TDR. The first ship (maybe 2nd) had a shield as it sat there on the start line. It was quite clearly visible. The ship behind it was not facing forward. It was turned clockwise at approximately a 30 degree angle. When the race started, those two ships did not move on my screen. One ship got a 'lag start' and shot off into the distance. There were no other ships in sight. I was about four seconds ahead automagically (real word according to Countdown - Susie Dent wouldn't lie to me, would she?). Then I was suddenly 25 seconds behind. Then I was four seconds ahead again the rest of the way, until, on the fourth lap, I was informed that the race was over. I finished (or didn't) with DNF.

EDIT: And another new one for me. I picked up a missile but the glow of a reach/leech beam appeared on my nose.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 8th November 2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Nasal spray.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

@edit

however, those two errors have happened to me waaay back (1.2? 1.3? I don't know), so I don't think it's anything related to the newest update. Just a random thing that pops up every once in a thousand games or so.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Hmm, I see. It's probably similar to when I saw the Zone ship on the start grid then. That happened before and after 2.10 too. But it seems like these random crazy occurrences are far more frequent for me now. As lag effects in general have increased, it must all be linked.

Rezatron is offline Banned for aggressive behaviour toward members, moderators and admin. Rapier Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rezatron

Since the update i've noticed buggy quakes in eliminator multiple times. The weapon button requires to be pressed 3 or 4 times for the quake to actually work. Oddly after each one of these 'null' button presses the quake sound effect is played! (kinda cool actually, wish I had a video)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    karsten_beoulve

Quote Originally Posted by Rezatron View Post
    Since the update i've noticed buggy quakes in eliminator multiple times. The weapon button requires to be pressed 3 or 4 times for the quake to actually work. Oddly after each one of these 'null' button presses the quake sound effect is played! (kinda cool actually, wish I had a video)
    This happened to 3 times yesterday! i forgot about it tough

PSN ID
    selthedon

Slowdown/Stutter during Detonator and somehow the ships feels different - like I'm not in full control over them.

I've played the game twice since the update. I hate it.