Page 38 of 115 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening (now) ?

I dunno; remind me.

Thanks to KGB making me love the Pixies, I have checked out many other bands of the time, but mostly only really like Mudhoney and Smashing Pumpkins - both, er, smashing bands. The Pumpkins can be great and a bit self-indulgent, but I think Mudhoney especially are a no BS outfit like the Pixies and I am listening to them at the moment.

Lisa-Pin-Up's mix from Global Gathering 2009

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Quote Originally Posted by chaos80 View Post
    Hot Chip - Boy From School .
    This is brilliant song, Ive been listening to Hot Chip a lot lately, it makes me feel very melancholy though

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    Thanks to KGB making me love the Pixies, I have checked out many other bands of the time, but mostly only really like Mudhoney and Smashing Pumpkins - both, er, smashing bands. The Pumpkins can be great and a bit self-indulgent, but I think Mudhoney especially are a no BS outfit like the Pixies and I am listening to them at the moment.
    Thanks for the name check mate.

If there was one person that i could make/force everyone one to like then it would be Jeff Buckley. Grace has to be the greatest album ever made. Great guitars, great songs and the most beautiful voice i ever heard. I love this so much I even named my son after him. Simon Cowell needs a good kicking for thinking he could do a better version of hallelujah

I wonder if Leonard Cohen could do a better version of Hallelujah.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

He could've done a better one for Watchmen.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I think he could, if he sounded more like Jeff Buckley . Not a big fan of leonard's work, but it's a beautiful song of his.

Yesterday I saw Cohen singing it in a recording of a concert in London; the man is all emotion. Fantastic performance; he makes it real.

less than Jake - motown never sounded so good

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Robot Rock - Daft Punk

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

I have a feast in my soul... I will be able to listen to Groove Armada, The Crystal Method, Chicane, Deadmau5, Ferry Corsten, Infected Mushroom, Axwell, Sander Kleinenberg, Adam Beyer, Joachim Garraud, Eddie Halliwell, Marco V, Robbie Riviera, Goldie, Dirty South, Astral Projection, Aly&Fila, Arnej Orjan, Nilsen LIVE in two weeks! Creamfields here. I am happy

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Ive been checking out Beardyman, a Uk Beatboxer. Some of my friends saw him at the Glade festival and to be fair he is talented! He constructs entire mix sets using a mic and a couple of Korg Kaoss Pads which loop and add effects to his beatboxing.

His YouTube Channel. Check out '303 Gabba' in particular, absolutely awesome! Also his live looping at Cargo sets!
    On Annie Macs Radio 1 show. This is a mash up of loads of classic dance tracks (Aphex Twin, Leftfield and others) all done by beatboxing and using Kaoss Pads.
    Also found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwweT...eature=related recreating Massive Attack's teardrop live at a club!
    Last edited by YouAreFubar; 11th August 2009 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Im going through his channel and keep finding new stuff!

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Last night, I was listening Shamen`s album call En-Tact!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I wanted to answer the whole thread in one post, but no one would have read the whole thing and my lunch break is long past over!
    There must be around one hour worth of music already, hope you like some of it!

All right, here we go, starting with grumpy:
    - This, as already stated by some users, is useless:
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvai View Post
    Robot Rock - Daft Punk
    Of course, Daft Punk are useless too, but unless a link to the song (or a live performance of it) is given so that I can be 100% sure that it's bad, or at least a comment of some sort, then there's really no point.
    Now that I've been gratuitously offensive to a good part of this community, please feel free to criticize my tastes in music! (oh, and their movie is even worse than their albums ).
    I usually don't know the lyrics of the music I listen to, please forgive me if they're offensive/so bad it hurts...

-Dr. Angryman: UNKLE
    Oh, how I loved the Psyence Fiction album! I guess Lonely Soul is a classic to many people here. The song is used at the end of the crap movie 'The Beach', and in an Assassin's Creed trailer.
    And the music video for the beautiful song Rabbit In Your Headlights is dead creepy...

-Silent: Jeff Beck - Loser
    Great song, if we're talking about "Beck" (Hansen). This guy is a productive genius, I'm amazed at how he always renews his style. Though paradoxally people who don't like his music say it's always the same, and it's kinda true! Are you pop (Think I'm In Love) or disco (Sexxx Laws)?

-Silent: Marilyn Manson
    Here is the proof that Manson is safe for kids! Gotta love The Nightmare Before Christmas, don't you think?

-Silent: Red Hot Chili Peppers
    No, thanks! But I've come to like one of the many albums by John Frusciante, guitarist from the band: Curtains, sad pop/folk. I believe the lucky bastard is friends with both Johnny Depp and the most talented and egomaniac Vincent Gallo (who btw, is a musician: fan myspace).

-Silent: The Cure - Close to me
    Apart from the old hits, I really liked Bloodflowers when it came out.

-Silent: The White Stripes - Seven nation army
    The White Stripes rock. Every single album they did. From here (Jimmy The Exploder) to there (You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told))! It feels like they have the same kind of energy that the Pixies had, with short and intense songs.

-Lance, Rob, Lion: Johnny Cash
    His version of Personal Jesus sounds great, doesn't it? The complete album by Depeche Mode as well, of course!

-Dr. Angryman: Underworld - Born Slippy Nuxx
    "Meh" to the orginal, but I like the cover by the German band "Get Well Soon" really much! An album worth buying, right Ben?

-Dr. Angryman: Björk
    When I raced Odessa Keys for the first time in Pure, it made me think of the music video for All Is Full Of Love. If by any chance someone knows of a recording of My Favorite Things by Björk, I'm very much interested! She sings a part of it in the movie Dancer In The Dark.

-Dr. Angryman: The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist
    IMO the only good song on the album it's from, but damn it is good! And the music video is excellent (and has already been posted on these boards I know )

-rejj: Final Fantasy soundtrack
    There's a great Canadian band called Final Fantasy, apparently because the guy who created it was a fan of the game. Pick! (Please Please Please) Pick! (Song Song Song)

-Lion: Portishead - Mysterons
    Glory Box. For a long time I thought Tricky did a cover of the song, called Hell Is Round The Corner. Then I believed Portishead were the one who covered Tricky. And then I realized they both used the same sample from "Ike's Rap II" by Isaac Hayes. Now which one do you prefer?!

-Linchpin: Sigur Rós
    Go buy "Ágætis byrjun", "()" and "Takk...", they are three amazing albums! For those who don't know, they're an icelandic band with long atmospheric songs, caracterized by the fact that the singer often plays guitar with a bow. They recently released a DVD of a tour in Island, where they play in totally unexpected places. I've yet to watch/hear it, but I've been told it is great. Hard to pick a song... (Viorar Vel Til Loftarasa)

All right, that's 30 pages covered, back to work...
    Last edited by guillaume; 18th August 2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: fixing dead links

At the moment? A mix of things.

ARION Radio, a Bust-A-Groove(Move) playlist and Metallica and Nightwish.

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

black sun empire - arrakis

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

I prefer to work under ambient music. Shpongle is now playing

Ministry of sound best collection and it suks apart from a few tracks.:-

Timezone
    GMT + 1

It's me again

-yeldar2097: Radiohead - Karma Police
    I used to be a big fan, until they messed up and released their last two albums.
    Tom Yorke sings on three tracks of the Velvet Goldmine soundtrack, with a much lower voice than he usually sings, it's quite surprising.
    Oh, and the songs are awesome : 2HB, Ladytron and Bitter-Sweet.

-chaos80: The Knife / Fever Ray
    This is weird music to me. Weird but fun. and visually too Plus they sang with Jay-Jay Johanson! I listened to his first three albums to death.
    Please have a taste one (So Tell The Girls I Am Back In Town), two (Quel Dommage), three (Poison)!

-Motorsagmannen: Sonic Youth - Goo
    I haven't listened too many of their albums, but I loved Washing Machine!

-Motorsagmannen/osama bin haydn: Tom Waits
    Tom Waits is awesome, I'd love to see him live! Just a lil' one for the road (Road To Peace)

-alterego: Goldfrapp - Utopia
    Ooooh, nice! Hear hear!

-Motorsagmannen: Arcade Fire - Antichrist television blues
    One of the best bands that I've listened to these past few years. Let's put more on the table:
    Rebellion (Lies) (can be fully heard in the great HBO series Six Feet Under) and My Body Is A Cage.
    And they rock on stage!

Page 60, I'm getting there, stay tuned if you're not bored!
    Last edited by guillaume; 19th August 2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: fixing dead links