Thread: HD with FURY expansion questions

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by Sch@dows View Post
    a quick (bad quality though) video of modesto i found by googling :
    http://www.viddler.com/explore/PSUniverse/videos/369/

Not so "flashy" like Talon's transparence effects, but it's to bad it's not even a whole lap u_u

already seen however thank you

man this guy is even bad than the french guy in the other video, i wonder if at E3 there was any serious WO fan, if i were there sure i'd have past ours & ours playing and taking shots & videos

i was trying to find out if SL have kept those cool graffiti on the end part of modesto tunnel and track surface

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Damn, seeing these videos make me sad, they make the game look really bad,
    super slow, uncontrollable and antifun, while in fact it's the exact opposite.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by darkfaerytales View Post
    i was trying to find out if SL have kept those cool graffiti on the end part of modesto tunnel and track surface
    The walls seems a little glossy now.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

There is no more graffiti on the walls of the tunnel from what I've seen.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Yes it appears that track management got there act together and used a high pressure hose to spray the **** off the walls. Zero tolerance to Graffiti in the FX-350 League these days.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zerojay

if i were there sure i'd have past ours & ours playing and taking shots & videos
    No, you wouldn't. You're only given a set amount of time to play before it's on to the next person.

Too bad E3 means that every greasy-faced Gamestop employee shows up with his emo girlfriend, monopolizing the games and keeping those of us actually in the industry from doing some work. (And no, that is not a reference to darkfaerytales.)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Connavar View Post
    Damn, seeing these videos make me sad, they make the game look really bad,
    super slow, uncontrollable and antifun, while in fact it's the exact opposite.
    Don't care, Conna, the very first video from Pihrapac on the fury pack will make the game looking far more awesome than all the other over mediated racers of the E3

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    There is no more graffiti on the walls of the tunnel from what I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    Yes it appears that track management got there act together and used a high pressure hose to spray the **** off the walls. Zero tolerance to Graffiti in the FX-350 League these days.
    NOOO that was my favourite feature of all the track, if even not of all the tracks! it gives the track so damn character!!! so cool suburban futuristic graffiti noooo

COOOLIIINNNN!!!!

please give us a patch to add the graffiti to modesto...at least i hope the subway train stay there

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

have someone of you noticed what's actually there're under the new black selection screen menus?

those " flames " silhouette effect...

are indeed w3o models, take a right look, you can clearly see the w3o icaras model then the ag-sys then if i'm not wrong piranha last
    There's also a white wipeout 3 AG - SYS on the Single Race logo.

Apologies if this is what you meant, I can't understand your writing that well.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    brooklyniteOne

Hey guys I played this at e3 and I will post the videos I took later today. The only issue with e3 was that most of the new content was not unlocked at the show. Only the first event from FURY was unlocked. As you know its not easy to play new tracks and unlock stuff at a show like e3 so coverage will be limited. I even tried to go in racebox and yes most of the new content was locked. That said.. what I did see was GREAT. The new modes, the new ship designs, the new HUD, the two new tracks I saw (talons junction etc.) were GREAT. Ill post more when I have the video link ready. Just know that they delivered and real fans like us will be satisfied. Supposedly the release is set for this summer.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

Can't wait for those videos. Sounds amazing!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

This is out of the blue, unexpected, but welcome to wipeoutzone and thank you a lot for your time
    I hope you play a little better than the French guy (Which was ok...) or the other one on Modesto

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    brooklyniteOne

Honestly man I sucked. I was playing the game standing next to the games director using default controls and I had not played in weeks. Here are some extended impressions I wrote up. I left the video at my home office so when I get back I will post them up. I was very impressed at how much they crammed into this update. Not many updates are as robust as what they are planning. I asked about how they will price it because the update is HUGE. Should be interesting. I have lurked the forum for a while mostly getting tips so its actually cool to have something to contribute.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Weee, Fallback! Feeding our craving for news a bit at a time. I can feel the suspense...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Thank you for your review Fallback. It was really good, espacially the way the content will be handle during online event (it is as I imagined though, with a message when trying to join but not before or by excluding races with a filter).

PS : waiting for videos too n_n

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sch@dows View Post
    But the player is funny, trying to find excuses for its very poor play :
    - I probably didn't choose the best ship (AG-SYS man !!! how could that be a wrong choice !!)
    - I probably didn't choose the easiest track (talon's junction is the easiest track of that DLC !!!)

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    Lol, you're tough, mates ! Thanks to this guy for showing us some fury stuff
    Yeah right. Luckily I don't understand any french (no offense), hence I
    could consentrate on the stuff. xD

@Fallback: Welcome over here! Good article.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

Quote Originally Posted by Fallback View Post
    Hey guys I played this at e3 and I will post the videos I took later today. The only issue with e3 was that most of the new content was not unlocked at the show. Only the first event from FURY was unlocked. As you know its not easy to play new tracks and unlock stuff at a show like e3 so coverage will be limited. I even tried to go in racebox and yes most of the new content was locked. That said.. what I did see was GREAT. The new modes, the new ship designs, the new HUD, the two new tracks I saw (talons junction etc.) were GREAT. Ill post more when I have the video link ready. Just know that they delivered and real fans like us will be satisfied. Supposedly the release is set for this summer.
    Vid, or it didn't happen!

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

I don't understand why they'd include zone only tracks. So no time trial/speed lap available on these??

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

They've got a new mode: Zone Battle, these four tracks are much better suited for it than any other track in the game, except Anulpha Pass and Moa Therma.
    These four tracks were also Zone only in WipEout PurE.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by Reezy View Post
    I don't understand why they'd include zone only tracks. So no time trial/speed lap available on these??
    I don't really think that doing TT and / or SL on an abstract track,
    no surroundings, no humans or whatsoever, fits into Wipeout's
    (narrative) universe. What's the meaning of doing TT / SL on an
    abstract track with respect to Wipeout's universe?

Btw; Welcome on board!