Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sebenco Climb & Chengou Project on Phantom Elite

on subenco when you are in the tunnel that travels upwards use a turbo into Br that kills the A.I its a big time saver

oh and on first bump push down your nose otherwise the BR is a waste of time..

and the last bend as you head towards the big tunnel..well i never bother with the BR i just focus on hitting the speed pad so i can get the double BR in the tunnel on the way down.but if your hot you can do all 3. but for elite you wont need that much speed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

I got Sebenco !!!!!
    At least 6/8 hours on this track to get gold!!!!
    Gosh, I did several 2'08" races and couldn't win... I saw some guys having gold with 2'11"...
    Finally, with a 2'09", I got it!
    I was third in right turn before the last uphill (good english word??), I do the last BR before the zigzag and get 1st. I panic, I screw the last turn but still stay first.

Yahoo !!! Remaining Chengou.
    I did few tries... AI is quite different. On Sebenco they are fast but not so agressive (well, I can finish the race). On Chengou, they were not so fast but I got killed 75% of time and I'm hit as soon as I have someone behind o_O'. Not cool.

well done Temet!

at last i passed the cursed chenghou on phantom-elite this morning!yeah!
    feisar really makes the difference here! everyone dont give-up! luck also is needed...
    i also got the gold in tournament fairly easy,on my 3rd try...
    again feisar works like miracle(won 5 of 8 races,even chenghou xD)
    only arcade perfect left for Trancendence!!! yoohoo!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

I'm late, I didn't get the zone trophies, the 100 000 points or AG assassin and Endurance...
    I just got gold on Chengou, a LOT easier than Sebenco for me... less than 1 hour to get it. As I wrote before, AI is quite slow on this one... if you get lucky enough not get shot, easy to get first. No so easy to stay 1st. I think this one can be easy without weapons
    Well, I don't feel the courage to fight for tournament...

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Sebenco is murdering me even in Rapier class on Novice!

I think this is the one in the lower right corner on the Head Rush event. I spend most of the time in 7th or 8th and can maybe jump up to 5th in the final lap. Once I finally managed to get a bronze medal, but that unadorned brown medal looks pretty pathetic next to the Skilled and Elite golds around it!

Somehow the AI ships get out to a 4-second lead in the first part of the first lap and the I spend the rest of the race catching up with them. I know I'mnot that awful, because I keep closing the lead, but I'm still about 2 seconds behind in the end. The winner will finish in 2:05:80 and I'll be around 2:08; sometimes that's last place.

I can't even imagine Phantom. Those turns must be insane.

@Xavier
    you have to master side-shifting!
    practice in time trials or speed lap
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 31st January 2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Delted quote, please read the guidelines. http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/announcement.php?f=18

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

...and Barrel-Roll like your life depends on it

I think there's maybe 10-11 per lap, maybe more if you're name is Leungbok . Obviously one wouldn't use all of them in a race but it's pretty good to know them just in case

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

I don't use side-shift, I won.
    But still, I'm veeerrryyy angry just now, ****ing stupid game!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Me too, I completed those challenges without sideshift, I thought it was only
    useful to avoid a bomb or something, but in fact it's a big time cutter.
    You really go seconds faster when you use it.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Haha, same! Actually if it wasn't for youtube (thanks Mad-Ice & Wowo especially) I probably wouldn't have started using sideshift.

Woohoo I can go sideways AND travel in a straight line....woohoo?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Hum, do you have a link or something explaining how to use this?
    I mean, I know the double-tap on airbreak, but don't know why to use it.
    I know you can gain some precious seconds since the guy beating-Zico-without-BR almost sideshifts every 3 seconds...

PSN ID
    gordo31874

Temet man, you've got that far without sideshift! My god, you must be pretty good.
    I too was ignorant of the power of the side shift, however, after struggling for a while on Sol2/Flash/elite, I decided to see if it was useful.

And it was.

My advice is to do some practice on Sol2. On the first "spiral corner", use side shift to keep you on track for the speed pad upon exit ( I find this speed pad to be the most important on the track) and then use it to stay tight, tight, tight to the right hand side on the second spiral (the one downwards). That really trains you for the power of side shift.

By the way. As it took me over an hour to beat Elite on Sol/flash (Shameful I know), maybe we should have a thread for people struggling on speeds lower than Phantom. the reason I mention it is that some of the options available on phantom (I mean some BR opportunities) aren't there on the lower speeds.

Keep at it, I'm half way through campaign 7 on elite and not looking forward to level 8!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Thanks man but I'm far from being good.
    I also had my first surprise on Sol2 on Flash... but not so much a big deal.
    The real big fight for me was Sebenco on Phantom. I maybe raced for 5 hours on this track !!
    I got gold on Chengou in about 1 hour... but now I have to do it again for arcade perfect and can't do it... and I spent more than 1 hour this time (a lot).
    I made a break, didn't play since Sunday... when I won Chengou ex-aequo and noticed in statistics that this is not good for Arcade Perfect trophy :'(

I'm still shaking just thinking about reverse tracks...

EDIT : just got gold again on Chengou... yeah in turns sideshifts make you gain lot a time on AI. Indeed, I have been 1st several times but got shot every time. When I won, that's what happened... but I got a boost and used it just after the last turn and won on the line.
    I had to do the 500 time on online records to get it... Elite is really hard.
    Last edited by Temet; 3rd February 2010 at 09:15 PM.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

The AI on the reverse tracks is not as hard as forward you will be pleased to know. You will find it much easier to beat them.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

o_O'
    Strange.
    Thanks for the tip, the last remaining forward is Sebenco.
    I have to do all reverse tracks except Anulpha.
    Anyway, I'll have to learn the shape of the tracks... I always have troubles with this kind of reverse/mirror thing.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Yeah, I won Chengou reverse with EXTREME luck !!!
    The combo boost + autopilot is extremely efficient to close the last lap

Just remaining Metropia, Sebenco, Ubermall, Sol2 (all reverse) and I get platinum without using the 2nd player trick

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by KGB1971 View Post
    The AI on the reverse tracks is not as hard as forward you will be pleased to know. You will find it much easier to beat them.
    Oh Okay that is why. I recently thought "How did I manage to get gold on Sebenco, Metropia and Ubermall reverse just a couple of weeks after I began playing WOHD"

I just remember I did Ubermall reverse with Harimau (HD). that was quite easy.

Just got the Elite Campaign Legend trophy

Took me about 7 hours total to complete all the races on elite.. Started 2 days ago so have been playing alot last couple of days haha..

Now I only have Zone Zeus and Bling Brigade left

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Just got Sebenco Climb Reverse... about 1h45 and 180 laps to win...
    Weapons off, highly recommended since the AI is so cheating...
    Two times I was first at the last turn and screwed it up...

Ubermall reverse and Sol 2 reverse remaining.
    Ubermall is the easiest of all tracks for me to get gold (I don't know why, AI looks not good at this one)... but the few laps I did on reverse are very bad :'(

Once I finish these two races, I don't play this game for several days... I've never been so mad playing a game in my whole life, I'm scaring myself with the anger I can feel...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

Quote Originally Posted by Temet View Post
    [...] I've never been so mad playing a game in my whole life, I'm scaring myself with the anger I can feel...
    LooooooooL I know that feeling mate!!! I just love WipEout also for that!
    Once upon a time one of my friends told me that the most a game make you mad, the most the game will be awesome once you learn how to dominate it. SO true!