Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm upset.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TakatsukiYayoi

Default I'm upset.

So I just ran a 99 lap Speed Lap session at Sebenco Climb (reverse) with Fury-spec FEISAR on Phantom class. Best lap?

I'm upset.

Very upset.

I'm upset because I know I should be better than this. Two weeks ago I couldn't finish a lap on this track without need for autopilot. At the rate I've improved I should be able to post a better time than a lousy 23.85, even with something as slow as the FEISAR. And... I can't fly better than that.

Out of all of those 99 laps:
    - None of them were perfect laps.
    - I missed the barrel roll off the first jump at least 60% of the time.
    - My best lap had only two barrel rolls; one after the first turn and another going off the top of the climb.
    - Of the 10 laps I ran without using turbo, I could only go under 24 seconds three times.

I should probably stop playing before I throw my controller against the wall. Speed Lap sessions tick me off more than a bad day playing COD at my friend's house.
    Last edited by XR_GTR; 1st August 2011 at 05:24 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Patience and practice! Always best to take a break and come back to it later. It might sound lame, but maybe practice on the slower classes too. Btw, Feisar is by no means a slow ship! I've been putting out some top times with the HD version too.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

be cool ^^
    u can try to make lap without br to get the line
    when u'll be right , put 1 br
    and when u'll be right put 2 br
    and watch this
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BADTESTE.../3/0amdv58joow
    im sure to read u have improve it in few hours ^^

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Sebenco is one of those tracks that it really helps if you use side shift to help you get & keep the best lines.
    If you are not side shifting then that is one of the major reasons for little progress.
    Where are you using your turbo?
    Best place is as you start exiting the tunnel, you shouldn't even need to nose up, your craft should be at a point where you can just start seeing through the chicane and you know if you use your turbo you won't hit the roof, use the turbo then and you should be at the correct angle to just fly over it, don't forget to BR while in the air.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TakatsukiYayoi

On the Forwards version I always turbo right after the tunnel, but here I'm talking about the reversed version... where I also happen to turbo right after the tunnel.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

I'd have a break from it if I were you, you'll just end up bursting a blood vessel. You've had the patience to do a 99 lap run, which is commendable (I've never got above 50). Try another track for a while - or even another mode, nail some detonator for a bit or something. Then go back to Sebenco in a few days and I guarantee you'll see an inprovement

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Well as Unctuous said, patience & practice. After 7499 laps, I got 20.74 & I still have a good margin imho. Remember, wipeout HD is one of the hardest game ever!

Gaddafi also said something important; mix your gameplay, then go back in a few days. On a "biological" side, i should say your brain need to adapt to the track, I mean he must develop new synapsis between neurons so it taking a couple of time... lol I'm not a scientist, so it's not correct... But not too far from reality I think. I'm speed lapping 'til day one, I'm not gifted at all regarding reflexes & so on, but I practiced to death (more than 1500h yeah I'm a wacko) & finally managed to improve my brain functionalities in term of reflexes. Well I feel a bit stupid now, cos' it looks like I'm soo bored in my real life to do that ah ah, but hey I'm an hardcore gamer, so be it, & at least I enjoyed the ride... And I'm still enjoying it
    Last edited by kanar; 1st August 2011 at 10:27 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Reverse ? Damn, you pass me again !

Quote Originally Posted by kanar View Post
    but I practiced to death (more than 1500h yeah I'm a wacko) & finally managed to improve my brain functionalities in term of reflexes
    Reallyyyy ? I suspect some illegal products, you wanna fool us !!
    Last edited by leungbok; 1st August 2011 at 10:32 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

A fight to death, 'til the end my friend! WipeoutZone, home of the WipEout hardcore gamer since 2002 And lol, only soft doping like Red Bull & so on...
    Last edited by kanar; 1st August 2011 at 10:39 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Lightbulb

Maybe Hellfire's Tutorials might help ^_^
    Keep trying man, don't give up! I was told by someone that "I should have determination and perseverance" I believe you should too

Edit: added new tags
    Last edited by MyNameIsBom; 1st August 2011 at 10:38 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

@kanar. grrr, nice time !!
    But don't dare try to beat my modesto laptime !

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Quote Originally Posted by kanar View Post
    ... After 7499 laps...
    Holy F***.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Talking

I don't even own a ps3, but I've managed to race over 1000 laps.... Mainly ubermall and sebenco... My two favourites
    oh and 20+ laps eliminators... Haha good times

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

On Sebenco reverse I turbo pretty much as soon as I've lined up after going around the first left, when you land you usually get enough height to do another turbo almost immediately, then veer left to run over the multiple speed pads in the tunnel....nose up and yet another turbo if you can [I don't always do that one], just before the next left that starts you heading down.

bazzman32 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Semi Finalist Vector Pilot
    PSN ID
    bazzman32

Lightbulb

Aww man

Sebenco is my worst track ever,its got to be one of the hardest hd tracks there is so instead of throwing your controller against the wall why not aim a bit lower and try a different track my friend ??? , sebenco needs shiftology to get a good time.don't give up

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

"shiftology" ?

Edit/ : Ok ! I think i got it, but it's more a "flashology" technic if i'm right ! XR_GTR speaks of phantom speed, pitch helps more than sideshifts on sebenco at that speed !
    Last edited by leungbok; 2nd August 2011 at 02:48 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Shiftology->the new enlightened teachings of...Pilonetics...
    I've been swamped that I cannot even take my FEISAR HD for a ride!

ion harvest is offline Banned for sending profane and abusive PM's Rapier Pilot
    PSN ID
    ion_harvest

Quote Originally Posted by amplificated View Post
    Holy F***.
    thats some crazy lappage

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    "shiftology" ?

Edit/ : Ok ! I think i got it, but it's more a "flashology" technic if i'm right !
    shiftology: the science of out shifting the shiftyest side shifters in a seriously shifty race without shitting yourself when you side shift into a shitty situation

flashology: perfecting shiftology (see above)

someone add that to wikipedia.

Last edited by ion harvest; 3rd August 2011 at 07:15 AM.

bazzman32 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Semi Finalist Vector Pilot
    PSN ID
    bazzman32

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    "shiftology" ?

Edit/ : Ok ! I think i got it, but it's more a "flashology" technic if i'm right ! XR_GTR speaks of phantom speed, pitch helps more than sideshifts on sebenco at that speed !
    Oooh sorry oh gr8 1,I was just trying to help a struggling pilot.I didn't realize I could not comment on phantom league I stand corrected sir,shiftopllogies to you. PEACE

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I only wondered what was that "shiftology" thing, before i realised it was about sideshifts, that's all.
    And my comment only said that pitch helps more than sideshifts on sebenco at that speed that's all ! If i'm wrong anyone can correct me on this, it's a democratic forum !
    Curly's credo : Let's be friends
    Last edited by leungbok; 4th August 2011 at 01:25 PM.