Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modesto Heights Reverse WR!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Default Modesto Heights Reverse WR!

After a very long time of doing speed laps on ModR, my favorite track by far, I was finally able to dethrone Elois and his year and a half old record with my own!

18:82, 21 pads, 3 BR's (same as Leungbok's BR's in his video which helped me greatly), in a FEISAR+.
    http://i54.tinypic.com/zyaljk.jpg
    http://i56.tinypic.com/339r8eg.jpg
    http://i53.tinypic.com/2uqyyj5.jpg

Thanks to Connavar and his record keeping website I feel pretty comfortable that I still have first even with the records not updating in-game.

I know making a thread like this is pretty annoying for most, but please overlook it this one time. I've been trying to best Elois' ridiculously quick time for pretty much my entire WipEout career and now that it has happened I feel like I officially beat WipEout as a game. Though I'm going to continue trying to improve my time since I enjoy ModR probably more than anyone else in the world.

I'm sorry that there's not much to discuss here but feel free to ask me any questions about the track I guess, though there's not much to tell!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

grats avi! keep at it man!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

The last pic is impressive!!
    Well done mate

Timezone
    GMT -5

Awesome! Now take a crack at the time trial where the real skill comes into play.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Congratulations.
    For perseverance, if not pure bull terrier stubbornness of not letting go till you beat it.
    I absolutely detest that particular track myself [well the FURY version ], maybe I should take the time to try and learn it anew, now you have set a new record .
    Not knowing my times of the top of my head, I reckon I'll be happy if I can get 21 sec or close to it.....yes I really do struggle with that %^&*()&^* long corner in the tunnel.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Haha, thanks guys.

I'm working on Time Trial, I think I managed to get 4th on it but man restarting the track after every screw up gets frustrating.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

You beat Elois? o_O

Damn, that is some seriously good stuff there Frailavi, well impressed!

PSN ID
    goddessloviatar

Nicely done! Leaderboards seem to have updated for once as well, so its there for all to see!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Congratulations Frailavi! Good work and kudos to your perseverance!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Congratulations Frailavi, you deserve it!

Wow, great job indeed hope I get there one day haha

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

Congrats Frailavi. Nice to see a relatively unknown get a record

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Respect...

Congratulations Frail! You were always a superbly talented pilot, and now that's ascertained for good. Now I just gotta keep ahead of you in Zone and Detonator .

Timezone
    GMT -5

Thanks everyone, though I'm surprised no one asked me any questions about the track. I was expecting someone to ask a few things to try and better their own personal best.

I'm also close to getting TT #1. I almost had it 3 times but fumbled the last lap under the pressure. The way I see it the first lap is 20.32 ~ 20.48 and the other 4 are 19.32 ~ 19.48 without that tricky BR (Coincidence that they're exactly 1 second apart on both ends), so a pilot has about 0.80 seconds of error room on the low end and 0.05 on the high end. Any times outside of those I'd consider sloppy. I also switched to AG-Sys+ just to abuse its thrust at the beginning which is a big help. I'll get that spot from yeldar and elois, there's no quitting until it's done!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I was about to have a crack at that TT myself actually. Nice to see someone else analysing a TT in a similar manner to myself.

Good stuff

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

You asked for questions, I'll oblige

Do you do a BR at the bottom of the first hill after you enter the tunnel? From what I've seen, some of the top players don't even bother on Phantom.
    Last edited by amplificated; 24th August 2011 at 05:39 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Well Mod Forward isn't my expertise, but I'd have to say that depends on how well you handle your ship. Just know it's the next corner that makes some people think twice about BR'ing there. If you can manage BR'ing into it and still get a really quick inside turn on that next corner then it's worth doing. I usually don't myself, but now that you've mentioned it I'm going to try and get that down soon.

Last thing I'd suggest is don't use an Icaras unless that's your usual ship. Its top speed isn't worth sacrificing good handling - in the sense that you know how the ship will respond - for on Modesto either direction.

@yeldar, You have to let me take first before you make it even harder!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Game on Mr Frail

Yay TT competition. Happy days

Timezone
    GMT -5

Your turn yeldar, I finally managed to nab that Time Trial after so much sweat and blood.

1.38.34, just barely a tenth of a second faster.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ia7o8y.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/vq2n0w.jpg

And that finally means I have SR, Multiplayer, SL, and TT #1. My WipEout dreams have come true!