Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1274

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I just did a 32.71 on Downtown on the PSTV with DS4. 32.50 is possible to reach but hopefully it will be a little bit easier in Wipeout OC otherwise people are gonna struggle with this one. I did squeeze in 3 BRs in the end on my record lap... 36th on the world record table with this one.

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    The Air Brake settings are Global in the Omega Pack, so what might work on HD/FURY craft might need changing for the 2048 craft

I suppose it will depend just how sensitive people find themselves with certain air brake settings dialed in from one craft type, then used on the other.
    Yeah, I already knew about that from reading earlier conversations ((No offense to the explanation though )) But I was asking either way regarding the settings mostly because I'm curious about what settings people as good as this use (for HD/Fury, 2048, or both).

I never figured it out myself. I don't know if the default is best, if it's better to lower it, to raise it, etc. :/

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceFolding

Do you reach rank 50 in 2048 just the same as the Vita version? Because I really don't want to play/idle 300-400 hours of 2048 all over again. I thought it was really awful that the singleplayer campaign only took you to the 20s or so.

PSN ID
    heavy6532

Can't wait to race you all on the tracks ^^ and great stream Friday night Racingfan

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

@Anonanon - its been confirmed by NotEnoughRed that the XP system has been reworked. The grind has now been massively toned down so rest assured you won't have to use the Sol XP farming method to reach maximum rank

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by KazzyMac View Post
    Yeah, I already knew about that from reading earlier conversations ((No offense to the explanation though )) But I was asking either way regarding the settings mostly because I'm curious about what settings people as good as this use (for HD/Fury, 2048, or both).

I never figured it out myself. I don't know if the default is best, if it's better to lower it, to raise it, etc. :/
    Well a lower the Air Brake % is set = The more sensitive the controls are, meaning it takes less pressure for greater braking.
    There are a few other things to take into account as well, so experimentation is need [Racebox SL ].
    If you use the old school L + R shoulder buttons, you are using the digital controls for the brakes, which have a coarser braking effect
    Likewise the L + R Trigger controls are Analog and have a finer control of the Air brakes.
    I personally use the old school L + R shoulder buttons set to 70% sensitivity, mainly because that's what I'm used to from thousands of hours playing the PSone wipeouts where that was the only control option.

The other thing to take into account is, if you set the air braking percentage really low, it will make the chance of successfully being able to do side shift a lot less, so you need to test for that at the same time.

The best track to test changes on I've found is SOL 2, I can't get around at Phantom speed with default air brake setting [well I could, but it would be ugly], the first time I started testing it was a 'Holy crap, you mean I've been suffering all this time just because I haven't changed the air brake settings' a real Homer Simpson DOH! moment.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 4th June 2017 at 12:59 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceFolding

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    @Anonanon - its been confirmed by NotEnoughRed that the XP system has been reworked. The grind has now been massively toned down so rest assured you won't have to use the Sol XP farming method to reach maximum rank
    That's really good to hear, but my concern is specifically needing to rely on playing multiplayer to reach rank 50. If I can racebox my way to rank 50 with reasonable XP payouts, then I'm willing to accept that.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well I'm mid way to rank 11 just from playing 2048/2049 Campaign, and that's not even beating the Elite on most cells or actually even doing some cells at all.

EDIT: I just checked, playing single race, or any other mode in Racebox does not advance your rank.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 4th June 2017 at 01:33 AM.

PSN ID
    WipEout_F7200

Got a few nooby question i just wanna throw in here to clarify it for those who will probally and those thinking of buying start asking them soon... I more or less know the answers but having clarification will help with answering those who may end up asking on the PS4 communities and other places. If it isn't ok to put them here I'll make a new thread if needed. I've added a few of my own in there too.

1. Will Omega be playable with the cross play game mode found on the Vita version of 2048 for the HD Fury content, if not, any possiblity of it ever being patched to work with the PS4 instead of the PS3?

2. Do I need a PS4 Pro to play this game & is there and Pro exclusive content?
    (I know only for better quallity but I saw ads with "PS4 Pro enhanced" and started to panic a little the other day scared it would be incompatible with my white normal ps4)

3. Controller Tilt features... are they included?

4. Remote Play - Is it possible, what controll options are there & would the air brakes switch from L2 R2 to L & R by default?

5. Remote play - Possiblly not possible but could there be a patch/mode that kinda works like split-screen where when Remote play is used Player 1's screen is on the Vita/PC and Player 2's on the main screen?

6. In 2048 there was 3 control types "Classic" "Racer" & "Tilt." Is there a similar contol option for the Racer controls?

Hope this isn't too much here... but like i said I'll make a new thread if needed instead.
    @admin if i need to move it, please don't delete this without sending me a copy of this text.

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

I don't think there's any backwards compat/cross-play with HD/Fury/2048.

The game also runs on a vanilla PS4. There's (afaik but 100% confident) no difference between the two in terms of content, only that the Pro has much, much shinier graphics.

That's all I know, though.

Well a lower the Air Brake % is set = The more sensitive the controls are, meaning it takes less pressure for greater braking.
    There are a few other things to take into account as well, so experimentation is need [Racebox SL ].
    If you use the old school L + R shoulder buttons, you are using the digital controls for the brakes, which have a coarser braking effect
    Likewise the L + R Trigger controls are Analog and have a finer control of the Air brakes.
    I personally use the old school L + R shoulder buttons set to 70% sensitivity, mainly because that's what I'm used to from thousands of hours playing the PSone wipeouts where that was the only control option.
    K, thanks for the primer. To be honest I never quite understood how the setting worked; I know (from watching Hellfire's videos) to set acceleration sensitivity to 10%, but it always felt like lowering the sensitivity for airbrakes made them less responsive. I think I have mine set to 30%; a friend of mine says he uses 30% as well.

I'll have to mess with it when Omega comes out, because I know I'm scrubbing too much speed off with the airbrakes and need to fix that (need less sensitivity, clearly). Also, I'm pretty certain the L1/R1 buttons on the PS3 pad are analog. (( They're digital on PS4, though. Means I'm gonna have to learn to airbrake with the triggers again. :/ ))

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

No the L1/R1 buttons are definitely digital on the PS3 controllers as well.
    I really like the fine control the Analog L2/R2 triggers give you, but I just find I have trouble holding the controller and doing BR's if I attempt use them ...I have a rotten success rate with BR's at the best of times, as I also use the D-Pad,I don't think I've ever been able to do a BR with a PS3 controller left stick because of the domed top, although I did just try using the left stick on a PS4 controller and had success, it must be because the top of the stick is concave, like the original analog stick controllers from the 90's

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by deaddoctor2010 View Post
    Got a few nooby question i just wanna throw in here to clarify it for those who will probally and those thinking of buying start asking them soon... I more or less know the answers but having clarification will help with answering those who may end up asking on the PS4 communities and other places. If it isn't ok to put them here I'll make a new thread if needed. I've added a few of my own in there too.

1. Will Omega be playable with the cross play game mode found on the Vita version of 2048 for the HD Fury content, if not, any possiblity of it ever being patched to work with the PS4 instead of the PS3?

2. Do I need a PS4 Pro to play this game & is there and Pro exclusive content?
    (I know only for better quallity but I saw ads with "PS4 Pro enhanced" and started to panic a little the other day scared it would be incompatible with my white normal ps4)

3. Controller Tilt features... are they included?

4. Remote Play - Is it possible, what controll options are there & would the air brakes switch from L2 R2 to L & R by default?

5. Remote play - Possiblly not possible but could there be a patch/mode that kinda works like split-screen where when Remote play is used Player 1's screen is on the Vita/PC and Player 2's on the main screen?

6. In 2048 there was 3 control types "Classic" "Racer" & "Tilt." Is there a similar contol option for the Racer controls?

Hope this isn't too much here... but like i said I'll make a new thread if needed instead.
    @admin if i need to move it, please don't delete this without sending me a copy of this text.
    1. No, 0% chance of that happening
    2. The ps4 pro offers dynamic 4k resolution and more stable frame rate
    3. if you mean motion pitch and motion pitch & steering control yes and it also works on 2048!
    4. Not sure i never used remote play
    5. same as 4
    6. No, but you can change to the setting you like, like HD Fury on ps3

As for level 50, after doing elite pass on every event in 2048 you will be level 44-47 so you have to grind the rest. level 50 is 1.7m or 1.8m

just noticed this as well but You can skip the song by pressing left or right on the touchpad
    piranha prototype just got a big buff, its a dream to use now

Since i got the platinum now i will make videos tomorrow for main menu options, leaderboards, all skins(except van uber) Zone runs, TT's and a perfect Aftermath league tournament in fury campaign

edit: Sol track is only playable in A or A+ now
    Last edited by Racingfan; 4th June 2017 at 04:32 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

I don't think I've ever been able to do a BR with a PS3 controller left stick because of the domed top, although I did just try using the left stick on a PS4 controller and had success, it must be because the top of the stick is concave, like the original analog stick controllers from the 90's
    This is the opposite story for me, I've just gotten so used to the dome shape that I can't part from it. It must be a certain way I swipe the stick to do barrel rolls cause I don't seem as fast with the DS4 concave stick. Gonna buy some dome grip covers like deaddoctor recommended

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I don't know exactly why, but I'm finding easier to do BR's on OP 2048 than in HD/Fury.
    It must be down to the different craft physics

PSN ID
    WipEout_F7200

Thanks Racingfan. When the game lets me play it, I'll give remote play a test. I'm wondering if the vita will be able to handle the fast speeds when connected. I'll drop my thoughts on remote play when i can. The lack of the racer set up concerns me, I'm used to using the square button for turning and X to shoot. But for HD Fury im used to using the normal controls... i think it's because of the layout of the pad.
    Glad there's tilit for the pitch then, i found that a key feature that help me beat zico, as i cant nail the pushing forward & back for pitch.
    -
    When I was working on beat zico on the ps3 there were a few moments where I was flicking left right left for the br, my thumb slipped off the analog stick a few times pressing home button.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Remote play is supported – at least it says so on the box. I’m referring to pictures one can find online. Assuming it’s the final layout.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

You can hardly find a PS4 game without remote play support. Second screen on the other hand saw little love from developers, tbh I've never seen a game with this feature. Doubt WipEout is an exception. And why would you need it in the end? You won't be able to look at it while racing))

PSN ID
    WipEout_F7200

Idk, if there was a ship editor feature added for custom skins the remote play 2nd screen mode/companion app would be really usefull for such feature like it is in tearaway unfolded... plus i miss making my own ship skins.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI everyone. Preorder avatars now useable!
    On your ps4, go to your profile settings and click on the avatar you want, hit comfirm and it should save.

PSN ID
    Justice_Curtains

Does anybody know if there are any graphical differences between PS4 and PS4 Pro other than 4k/1080p multisampling? For example, better particle effects?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

To get the most out of the PS4 Pro you need a TV that does UHDR extended colour gamut, basically the new 4K TV's.

The remaster of HD/FURY shows that the brightest parts of some of the tracks have been tweaked to take advantage of the added brightness these new 4K TV can do, but, this is also apparent when played via a standard PS4 through a average 1080p TV.

The Sun shining in your eyes as you head to the first corner of Vineta K forward is a case in point, both Hellfire and I noticed this straight away as it's quite distracting, and neither of us have 4K UHDR TV's, so I can only envisage that is would be beyond distracting via a PS4 Pro through on of these TV, almost a PITA having the sun in your eyes every lap....think about it.

Just because technology can allow certain new effects to be seen, it doesn't mean they work in every application, stuff like what I mentioned above works great in a adventure game where it is a effect that is seen once in a certain setting, but when it's used so you see the same effect several times in several minutes, it wares thin quick and just becomes annoyance.

The pro has the BOOST function for graphics, how well it works for 1080p playback I don't know, but you can see YouTube videos showing comparisons when playing back on a 4K TV, in 4K.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJCPk0XeAGs

Not much in it unless you have a immediate comparision in front of you, then it's a matter of knowing what to look for, and if there is a different with the game you are playing.....with the Omega Pack, I suppose combat at the higher speed classes on 2048 would be smoother [explosions, missiles etc], but other than that, not really.