Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sony Reveals More WipE'0ut" HD Details..

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    PurrrePunjabi

Default Sony Reveals More WipE'0ut" HD Details..

Courtesy of PALGN. New screenshots included within.

Even though i'm still not planning to purchase a Playstation 3 until a radical price drop (so.. in around 2 - 3 years time), the feature that has me excited about W'0" HD is the SIXAXIS control. Im sure Sony would love to replicate the advanced craft control that only the NegCon can truly provide. This also brings to mind soundtracks. Would revised onscreen tracks also mean revised auditory tracks?
    Last edited by Piranha5p33d5; 19th September 2007 at 07:44 PM.

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

More details / screens here people!

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=615

Gaaah! Those screens again ... before anyone else says anything :

Wrong >> http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../WHD_wrong.jpg

Right >> http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../WHD_right.jpg

Yes. The internet is an idiot.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

wuuuaaah.
    Even before I clicked the links I knew you were referring to the 4:3 and 16:9 thingie. But hey, at least I was hoping to get an HD 16:9

My bad. Dunno how that happened ... I'll edit the 'right' jpg for ya.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Did I say that I love the way the Icaras billboard is made? With these pixel-squares. Just like in real live

PSN ID
    Alex_Se

The SIXAXIS control system looks pretty usefull.
    I also wish i had a HD TV.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Ah I see the lighting effects coming in here!
    HDR for everyone!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Well I have 2 games which allow you to use the tilt control feature, Motorstorm and NASCAR 08 and if I had to judge the motion sensing system based on these games I would have to call it a load of useless unresponsive crap. Maybe its just those developers because the EA game is worse nevertheless I hope you can it off.

does anyone know id sixaxis will be optional?
    i really don't like all this motion sensing stuff (though i see why some do and how it works well with some games...the wii proves that) but it would be nice for an option to play with regular controls.

Timezone
    GMT -5

There is no reason why it shouldn't be optional.

In F1 it is optional, so I am guessing it is the same for WOHD

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

yeh, that was so stupid with wo64 - only could play with the !"#ยค% stick.
    I bought the game, good thing my kid-bro had the N64 so i didn't end up buying that too, for Nothing!
    played the game couple of days then couldn't be @r$3d. now it's collecting dust on a shelf somewhere here...
    if sixaxis is not optional I won't bother buying wohd

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I don't know yet what to think about SIXAXIS - I know there's a lot of dismal reviews, yet yesterday I read one review of Lair (boring game apparently...) and the guy was raving about the great control. Problem is that there's probably enough time when you're flying dragons to think about your control, and in Wipeout there's hardly enough time to think about the track nevermind how you're steering.
    Guess I can't have an opinion until I try it well myself.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

At zargz: Wipeout 64 can be played with an ASCII controller which is a steering wheel. I just found one the other day. It's incredible good it has even got two buttons on the wheel for airbrakes!!! Very cool, I have to find some more time to really do something with the 64.

There is even an official motion controllerpack for N64 controller. It is working exactly like sixaxis. However I couldn't let it work on Wipeout64.

Sixaxis for HD, I don't know about it. I can't believe it will work like a NeGcon, I mean immediate response.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Another thing I heard was that the first wave of SIXAXISeseses are not as good as the ones currently being made earlier ones are less responsive apparently, I won't find out about that until next year when they release the DUALSHOCK 3. I can't wait for that rumble returns and the pad will have some nice weight to it once more, SIXAXIS is too light for my liking also feels cheap.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    I can't wait for that rumble returns and the pad will have some nice weight to it once more, SIXAXIS is too light for my liking also feels cheap.
    I hate light Playstation pads as well... a counterweight if not a Dual-shock should be their... the weight is needed, for if it were light, I would get pissed off, and have no weight to subside my anger, and I would throw and crush the pad hundreds of times over~!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Another thing I heard was that the first wave of SIXAXISeseses are not as good as the ones currently being made
    /quote

I can attest to that, my new sixaxis is in a completely different league than from the one that shipped with the ps3. That one actually stops responding for a few seconds every few days while in the middle of a game. The new one doesn't and feels more urgent.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

Talking

an alternative to the neGcon for the PS3 could be the Fanatec Speedster, I've been looking everywhere in NZ for one but to no avail, not that I know if it's any good but it looks promising

anyone tired this thing out yet?!
    fanatec Speedster sorry you'll have to click on products then select 'Speedster Controller'
    maybe someone's tired it and can give some feedback, I think it's out in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    I hate light Playstation pads as well... a counterweight if not a Dual-shock should be their... the weight is needed, for if it were light, I would get pissed off, and have no weight to subside my anger, and I would throw and crush the pad hundreds of times over~!!!
    hmm weight issue's, You could just open one up and drop a round fishing weight into the end of each handle, add a drop of hot glue and their you go problem solved

hadn't thought about it before but it seems like the obvious/easiest thing to do

thunder and joy
    Stevie
    Last edited by BulletWraith; 1st October 2007 at 03:10 PM. Reason: two posts should have been one

that controller looks amazing. Could be the beginning of a new love affair, or a complete disaster. They`re 40 quid on amazon or 60 euros straight from the manufacturer. I have nothing to play it on, so don`t exactly need it, but for Wipeout HD it could be an idea, nice find.