Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it possible to cheat online?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Well the problem is with Eliminator: yesterday i got the target: 600.. got 603
    And the race was over, and someone did +1.. and I got 2nd.
    That's cheating to me

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

That's not cheating, it's just playing until the final whistle. I've done it a few times

PSN ID
    slow-train aka pitbulldug

slowing down just to shoot someone is just bad sportsmanship, it usually leads to me rage quitting,or maybe a personal message telling them to stick to eliminator mode

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Not a cheat per se, but normally on the first lap, on tracks like Chenghou Project, you hit the start boost, line up for the hairpin, turn in and what happens? The rest of the grid hit you like a herd of stampeding bulls and force you off the track. That absolutely wrecks a race, and its beginning to irritate me whenever that happens as I would have had a perfect line through the corner, but instead get rammed to one side.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Quote Originally Posted by slow-train View Post
    slowing down just to shoot someone is just bad sportsmanship, it usually leads to me rage quitting,or maybe a personal message telling them to stick to eliminator mode
    If weapons are on at all, then there can be no real sportsmanship anyway IMO. I consider it a cheap and dirty victory if weapons are involved, so I say anything goes, within reason. They're based on luck, and also, it's ruining somebody else's race in order to win, rather than it being just your racing skill vs theirs. Just my take on it.

*ducks*

PSN ID
    R3BU5ER

Well, offcourse there can be sportsmanship when weapons are used. Gentlemens agreement' Like when I'm in first I tend to go for the successfull pacifist, unless the pilot behind me has declared war on me earlier, or when I know he's very skilled.and even then I try to minimise my defense weapons and only drop 1 bomb or some mines in a tactical place, when 1st is 2 sec. or more in lead I think dropping defence weapons is rather cowardly! People who do that I won't go easy on again lol..
    I normally only use bombs to blow up incoming missiles or rockets.

And yeah ofcourse weapons can ruin a perfect run, but hey that's Wipeout, choose weps off then Or agree on green racing,

Edit: But we can all agree now that cheating online simply ain't possible
    Last edited by R3BU5ER; 20th July 2011 at 05:36 PM.

PSN ID
    Whizawk

You can't cheat, it's a matter of sportsmanship.

PSN ID
    Tiduch

If weap on - you are attacked from weapons
    If weap off - you are rammed

Where are 8 very good people in room, 50% of this race is luck for me.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Very true Tiduch, very true. It's so bad for me that in 50% of my races I've been forced off the track at some point, open section or not, whether from ramming or from weapons...

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    NX-01 StarClass: alias (Old Scholz Playa)

Exactly why I made the point about the ramming barrage going on lately.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Quote Originally Posted by trackripper View Post
    Not a cheat per se, but normally on the first lap, on tracks like Chenghou Project, you hit the start boost, line up for the hairpin, turn in and what happens? The rest of the grid hit you like a herd of stampeding bulls and force you off the track. That absolutely wrecks a race, and its beginning to irritate me whenever that happens as I would have had a perfect line through the corner, but instead get rammed to one side.
    It's a killer corner no doubt, but if there is someone on the inside of you then it can't be that perfect a line really. The common line through there involves hitting the outside of the wall on the right hand side when you come round the corner, that's ok if there's no one else with you but if its a bit chaotic you need to start very wide before the turn then turn in early to nearly come up straight with the speed pad. If you misjudge it though you can end up facing the wrong way

All the ramming isn't people being cheats, it's just the game messing with your mind, it's still annoying as he'll when it happens but after a while you don't blame who you're racing against just the lag.
    Last edited by KGB; 20th July 2011 at 08:42 PM.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Quote Originally Posted by KGB View Post
    It's a killer corner no doubt, but if there is someone on the inside of you then it can't be that perfect a line really.
    Well when you're coming across horizontally on the perfect line from the outside to the inside, and the guy who doesn't understand racing line rams into your side, there's not a lot you can do even though you do have the line, several times I've ended up outside the track and had to be respawned, which wrecked my race. There isn't a lot you can do though, since as you said it was the lag

PSN ID
    kgb1971

If it's at the start of the race, do you BR before you get there? It can give you a bit of breathing space as not many new players will be attempting to perform one there.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

No I don't, I've tried, and 1) I can rarely pull one off, 2) the speed you get going into that hairpin is suicide