Thread: Wipeout HD freezing

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

Default Wipeout HD freezing

Has anyone got the same problem? It happened to me frequently during WOHD online when I was about to get hit by a player's weapon and the game froze suddenly. I swear this has never happened to any downloaded games, and it acts as if the CD was overheating, even though there was no WOHD disc inserted to the PS3.
    Last edited by MetaKraken; 24th January 2011 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Grammar

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

How long has this being going on for?

I'd recommend trying this to see if it helps before deleting/reinstalling the game.

I get momentary jitters every now and then, and on some of the Fury levels the game slows when there are a lot of ships on-screen, but I have not experienced your problem.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

Hmmm ok. I'll try it out then.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

I only had the "freezing effect" while loading an online race...
    This happened several times, but I never had such an awful complication during a race.
    I hope you can find and fix the error!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    cprosick

Default Yes!!!!

,,,and like you,,,JUST recently. Its happend a couple of times, and it's been while online racing...

...altho I havn't seen any annoying ADs lately?? I'll look at this remedy idea...
    `C

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Electromancer808

Yeah, WOHD Fury locks up on the in game audio menu under the option to select which music track to play. But I also have a huge wipeout playlist so that could be the issue.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It's well known issue with HD freezing while playing online if you hit either voice chat [hasn't worked since the 3rd week of release anyway] or reverse view, both pretty easy to do if you have these controls at their default settings.

Best to remap both these controls to "select" and "R3" where there is little chance of hitting them.

PSN ID
    Tiduch

In the most situation, I have freezes on eliminator event when im looking back or flip 180. On single race never happened...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

WOHD freezes every now and then since I first installed it. Reinstall didn’t change anything. Seems like I just have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    It's well known issue with HD freezing while playing online if you hit […] reverse view […]
    Best to remap both these controls to "select" and "R3" where there is little chance of hitting them.
    Sounds like a good solution if you never make use of the reverse view – sadly I use it very frequently.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

What do you use it for? I generally find the HD HUD is comprehensive enough to not need to look back...ever. Also, I'd be surprised if the position a ship is shown in reverse view is truly where that ship is, so it wouldn't be all too much help with dropping bombs or mines etc.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I don’t use the HD-HUD but the WO3-HUD. With reverse view I can see what’s really behind me; especially if it’s a whole bunch of ships and weapons.

And maybe I’m just too accustomed to all the old WO-games, that I do not want to get rid of old habits

Timezone
    GMT -8

My wipeout freezes or has some major glitch / error somewhat often (well like a couple times a week). I have 15 PS3 games and not one other game has ever frozen nor has a bluray. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling and rebuilding the database. I've just accepted it since its not a daily thing.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

My WOHD has been freezing momentarily of late, offline. It just stops for a fraction of a second then carries on. Not a big deal if you're pottering down a straight on Venom, but when entering a bend at Zone 60 it can wreak havoc.

It's only happened a handful of times but it's a worrying development.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Hey Colonel, Ive been having the same problem as of late(started sometime after psn went down...)I'm hoping it stops...

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

That's interesting or disturbing or the end of the world. I hope I get this right: You're both talking about micro stutter and stuff?

I have that, too. Started sometime during the PSN outage and two times I also got a blank/black screen while the game (my feisar) itself was still running/racing. btw, the game never crashed. Odd.

I thought that might be YLOD pending or worse my 52" LCD dying.

Edit: Happend before FW 3.61. For the time being never since upgrading. Am I part of a botnet and 'own' a zombie PS3?
    Last edited by Constrictor; 17th May 2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: editing

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Come to think of it the problem hasn't just been with WO. When watching films / TV shows on the PS3 the screen has been going blank for about a second every so often. At first I thought it may be the download but it's happened with a few things. Not sure if the two things are related but they could be.

Hope my PS3 isn't dying. I've only had it for a year, but to say I've hammered it would be a gross understatement.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

had mine for a year ad a half, but its a fat....Ad Ihave put it through rigorous traiing to say the least...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

this has happened a few minutes ago.
    was playing online, everything was going well (good races vs archie500, oldskool...),
    until sebenco rev was raced.
    midrace all my opposition freezed, and i cruised to finish-line, but wasn't able to get any items for the rest of the race.
    after race the result-screen poped up and showed a big DNF, all conteders still racing!
    Attached Images Attached Images

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

JF, this happend before and was related to some network issues on my side. (Not so) Soon after the other pilots did freeze I got the usual network error message 'couldn't contact WO server' or something like that. Besides I was still logged into PSN. Reconnect wasn't possible. IMO shutdown WOHD and PSN -> restart was the only option to get this fixed.

But these micro stutters are new. btw, FAT PS3 60G here, too.