Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Race Teams in WOHD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    alka16r

Default Race Teams in WOHD

Sorry if my question got a previous answer in other thread but since news that we got from elHabib thanks to his meeting with a member of the dev. team, what are the race teams that will be availlable in WOHD ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

FEISAR
    AG-Systems
    Qirex
    Assegai
    Piranha
    EG-X
    Goteki
    Triakis

and for additional, unlockable teams:

Mirage
    Auricom
    Harimau
    Icaras
    Last edited by eLhabib; 28th August 2008 at 12:27 PM. Reason: oh, yeah, Triakis is in the fray, too. MEH. ;)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I don't believe it's in the game, but there are also Tigron ads visible.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Indeed:

Maybe their AG-Racing division is no longer active? Or could we see a team rise from the ashes?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I wouldn't read too much into that, especially seeing as it appears to be an asset from Pure (the ad graphic itself). Might just be a filler they put in in an early build. Plus, SL stated that there are no plans for additional downloads atm, all depending on how well the game is received.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Yeah - that's pretty much what I'm thinking. If I recall, someone ripped this little ad from a fairly early version of the game or the Wipeout HD website (one of the old-ish videos of Metropia, something like that).

Timezone
    GMT + 1

How can you forget the Pure super ship? Triakis.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

HAHAHAHAHA SH*T! totally forgot it! must be subconcious trying to make my biggest enemy un-exist!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Well Triakis in Pulse is maybe even the worst ship in the game, I wonder what it will do in HD?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Was it really that bad in Pulse? Didn't know that - my playtime with Pulse was very limited due to immediate dislike. Haven't tried Triakis in the GC build, only Icaras, which flies like a charm (No.1 candidate for supership here), and Mirage, which felt awfully heavy around corners.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

It's terrible compared to the rest of the competition. It fills a niche that doesn't need to be filled. The stat balance in Pulse puts shield at the very bottom for priority - shield makes such a minimal difference to the amount of damage you take it is seriously not worth it. Next most useless for competitive play is top speed (a nosed down AG-SYS beats a nose up Pirhanha if you can be bothered moving the analog stick up), meaning that the Triakis' two strongest traits are nullified.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Yup Triakis in Pulse is so bad. Really cool to hear Icaras handles like a charm. Can you tell more about the teams and their handling, skins and other things?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

As I said, I only tried Icaras and Mirage. The handling in general does feel quite different than Pulse's, I wouldn't go as far as to say it feels w3o-ish, but the float has definitely been upped (and the PS3 analog sticks are a completely different game compared to the PSP nub, naturally)
    Concerning damage: I had a couple of splitscreen races with Tony, and each time my energy was getting low real fast. Might have to do with the fact that BRs now suck way more energy, but even so, it surprisd me that I was even close to exploding after only 1 1/2 laps!
    Speaking of skins, I think I already wrote that, there are 3 designs for each ship, and a platinum skin when you max out on loyalty points. Looks like T1000 formed a wipEout craft, all chromey and whatnot. Personally, I like the painted designs better, but it will certainly attract people with the bling factor.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

It'll be like the CoD4 golden guns. Ohhhh so useless

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

and the concept ship models ? there are many old pics around in which is shown concept ship model for quirex and some others...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Speaking of skins, I think I already wrote that, there are 3 designs for each ship, and a platinum skin when you max out on loyalty points. Looks like T1000 formed a wipEout craft, all chromey and whatnot. Personally, I like the painted designs better, but it will certainly attract people with the bling factor.
    sounds like Burnout Paradise!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

@eL

Noticed the same in Pulse; the energy goes low very fast, every contact with the wall or weapons cause a lot of energy loss. Sometimes you just go from one weapon pad to the next one just to recharge your energy.
    I don't like that.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    As I said, I only tried Icaras and Mirage.
    What the hell are you doing flying around in an Icaras you traitor!

Seriously though, all this mass energy suckage is a little concerning for someone like me who flies Assegai. On the other hand I like how it seems easier to kill other players once more, none of this pussy whipped nonsense ala Pulse.

Tell me the plasma is actually useful for more than absorbing again?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

On that note...in response to the pussy whipped comment by rapier...

I'm all out for the old damage system of WipEout and I agree, the plasma bolt lost its kick from days of 2097 where you knew that if you unleashed one of these babies, and if you hit it right on the spot, you felt like...er...god???

Anyway, my question is...anyone here miss the pit stops of old...I have to admit the weapon absorb dynamics is a great step up in the evolution of WipEout...but for some reason, I miss cranking in at 800kmh around bends and when needed, just whip quickly into a pitstop to re-energise...

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

I, for one, "sort of" miss the pit stops, but I like the new(ish) setup a lot better. Nothing like keeping in the race without being slowed down to a point where snails would outrun you.

But if I feel the need to "pit" a la the legacy games, well I can and do play the legacy games. Anyway, HD's handling of absorb is pretty damn cool IMO.

On ship skins, they should have done classic skins for the ships at max loyalty. Oh, I don't know, W3O perhaps?