Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Annoying things about WOHD that are not bugs

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Koleax: Unfortunately, welcome to a year ago when I found out that "Contender Eliminated" didn't mean the same thing as it usually did.
    Why is there a respawn? Because they couldn't make it work without bugs when the game host was eliminated and felt like leaving the game.
    They said they would work on an option some time in the future. Welcome to the present, one year later.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Just upset all the time arent you DD777?

In my opinion all the things they say they would do and what they actualy did totally outweighs the former.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Bugs, eh? I wonder what other annoying things about WOHD that are not bugs are actually because of avoiding bugs.

What happens when the host leaves in the middle of a race now? Does the whole race end?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

With more than 2 players, nothing happens to the race if host leaves. Another player is selected by the game to host when everyone get back to pre-race screen. If its a 1 on 1 race, the race ends if the host leaves cuz you cant race alone actually

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

What a strange problem, then. I wonder if it's related to spectator mode and its respective weirdness, which may also be related to why we can't save replays.

Or, all these considerations could just be indications that no one actually worked on this area.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Vartazian View Post
    Just upset all the time arent you DD777?
    Where did I say I was upset?
    Ahh never mind. I'm sure you'll find some way to make me say stuff I didn't say

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

No you just have this Really Snide way of getting your point across. And I know for a fact that Lance picked up on it too. Just enjoy the game for what it is?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Right. I have played WipEout for well over 300 hours but have not enjoyed a single moment of it?

Please don't be ridiculous

If I didn't enjoy the game for what it is (A damn fine racing game mind you, and one of the last few challenging games and worth owning if you have a PS3), why would I be here?

But of course, selectively go ahead and read my posts... Never mind the fact that I praised the game multiple times in the past for the amount of content, the graphics, the challenge, and the overall quality. Stating it could still be better is apparently soooo wrong that I am not allowed to do so by some rule you made up in your mind.

WipEout HD can still be better than what it is. Look at how good it is. Imagine that, but better. Can you picture how incredible that would be? Why do you think I push for that often? Exactly, because it would be incredible. Mind blowing. Out of this world. WipEout HD is so close to perfection. Imagine it being perfect. Don't you even want that?

Why am I not simply saying this then? Because it's been over a year, and the treatment given to us loyal fans has been far lower than sub par. Sure, we got DLC, but not a peep since then. How long did it take to get the leaderboards fixed? Yeah, a few months, and they are fixed only because the blu-ray version has come out. I feel we've been treated like **** to be honest, and for a very long time. Pulse (where's mah DLC), and then HD (hello, bugs?). I'm starting to think Sony doesn't really care, so sorry if I go on with my comments about it having lasted a year.

Oh and lastly, you're not so much better mister BigMouth. You've angered a fair share of the members here yourself. Like to Lance, I will suggest you actually try and have something to back yourself up. Good night.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 19th October 2009 at 08:39 AM.

wipeout does have bugs but nothing near the quantity many other games have.

the only thing i dont understand is game makers always seem to get plonkers to test their games...now if SL gave wipeoutzone members a copy of hd and fury to test before they released it i bet their would be no bugs left..which means better finished product and less money spent fixing broken stuff for sony..

i noticed this issues many times before with other games.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Indeed jasmin! I completely agree with this. It's a proven thing that beta testing only makes a better product in the end. Unfortunately the practise is uncommon because it's hard for a business to hand out freebies and still be viable. But yes, the few bugs in WipEout HD would have been eradicated completely had many expert players been exploring the tracks throughout the development process. You can never have enough testers, and though the actual job of being a video game tester sucks (Repeat a thousand times walking into this wall), a beta tester is fun. You get to play the game and give your feedback to the developers, an awesome feeling. You are actually contributing to the game. This is really good, unfortunately outside of indy studios the practise is quite uncommon and only done for really big budget titles (Of which WipEout HD isn't a part of, though it can certainly rival with them!)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

EA studios don't use beta testers. They don't have the slightest ****ing idea of what that is. The best they can think of is that its an early prototype VCR of the 80's.

my biggest gripe at moment is some of the crap crashes and ridicalous delays in respawn..

why not have L1 be respawn button in game..that way all crashes are fair and we dont have to get those really crap glitch crashes like hitting a tiny screw in the wall on metropia fly backwars and float up off to the moon for a long voyage...

and also why are wall scrapes so punishing..if im gonna crash i always chose head on colllison over a wall scrape as i wont get punished as much..this is silly IMO

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Are you talking about the 2nd last turn in Metropia, where you're going uphill after the magtrack? Or maybe right away at the beginning? Do you know how to get flying in the area right before the magtrack because I've been trying and trying! It'd be a great spot to take pictures.

to be honest there quite a few mystical kiler rivets in the walls on metropia

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Ok, I cought myself now for the third time, while lapping the first two or three laps on a
    Phantom Speed Lap session, thinking that I was actually racing on Rapier to the extent
    that I had to quit the session to look whether it was Phantom or not. It always was. xD

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Subsonic is the new Phantom.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    Ok, I cought myself now for the third time, while lapping the first two or three laps on a
    Phantom Speed Lap session, thinking that I was actually racing on Rapier to the extent
    that I had to quit the session to look whether it was Phantom or not. It always was. xD
    Believe it or not I always wanted to ask you if you feel "slow" when racing on Phantom since I saw your records in zone mode. Now there's no more need to ask.
    Btw I'd love to run regular races in Zen

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@Koleax: Subsonic would be cool, but I think it's too fast to be played
    well on any track, for example Chenghou and Sebenco.

@il_mago_di_Doz: Yeah Zen / Super Zen would be an ideal speed class
    for WipEout. The reason not having Zen as a speed class just yet is simply
    due to a lack of testing on how everything behaves while racing at that
    speed. From my ZONE experience I can tell that at least Zen would fit quite
    nicely for regular races. Up to my point of view there is 'only' one issue, i.e.
    the regular crafts are not usable at Zen / Super Zen at the moment, likewise
    their Zone Battle counterparts, which do behave rather odd and need a lot
    of tweaking to make racing at this speed fully enjoyable. However, there is
    already a proof that racing at Zen / Super Zen would work out quite well. The
    ZONE craft is a proof of concept. Just imagine using the ZONE craft (or a
    similar craft, a slight modification thereof) in regular races with weapons
    enabled running at Zen / Super Zen. That would be awesome.
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 27th October 2009 at 05:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

The only thing that annoys me in Wipeout HD is trying to beat Zico countless times . The last turn is luck-based, whether you land a barrel roll or not. Plus, not even my Piranha Fury can beat the unbeatable Zico .

i wouldnt say the last onto the bridge barrel roll is all luck..i can do it 1 in 5 times in the tspeed lap..i would neer use it in a race though..

to do it i pitch up high fly as right as possible to the wall on the approach and aim the nose of the craft exactly at the right side edge on the bridge..
    the ship may seem like it will miss the bridge but it wont.

oh...btw i do the Br LRL not RLR..im not sure but i think doing it that way makes the ship br the otherway round making the bridge bit easier..but you need to check it out..