Thread: Phantom speed laps

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Default Phantom speed laps

I noticed a certain fellow is several seconds ahead of the rest of world in the Phantom SL tables. I'm not calling anyone a cheater or glitcher, but some of those times are dubious at best.

With SL closed and gone who'll police the record tables? Or is Connavars site the only true WOHD recordtable left?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by mic-dk View Post
    Or is Connavars site the only true WOHD recordtable left?
    yep !

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Which tracks?
    I got to check this out, I hope it's not a glitcher as it will ruin everything we hold so dear.

OK I just checked and I hate to say it but you are correct.
    4 Tracks now have glitches, all of them forward ,Sol 2, Talons Junction, Ampesium & Sebenco.
    We have known about the Sebenco one, but the person who found it ages ago had reported it to SL and kept quiet about it.
    [If you have a good memory guys you will know whose old posts to search for ]

So we have a situation that somebody on the records boards going by the name of SanKuKay_81 is the originator, or finder of these glitches.
    He has obviously told AKfurtif who has used the glitch as well [which surprises me as AKfurtif is good enough already not to need to use glitches], judging by a second records entry in the Sebenco & Ampesium times by AKfurtif_glitch, it seems he has had a guilty conscience about using it, or at least owning up to using it.
    This info is slowly being passed on to others, who are using it as well [I recognize the names from elsewhere].

I don't think I need to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce who SanKuKay_81 might of been known as previously, I'm just mildly surprised that he has done this.

I think I might send a PM to somebody at Wipeout Arena.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 18th May 2010 at 04:21 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Amphiseum forward is the one that triggered the first post, but TJ forward too looks suspicious along with several others.

@leungbok - I,unfortunately, kinda guessed the answer.

Edit: Ah, you found them. I saw Akfurtifs entries, but at least hes not really hiding it. I remember that whole Sebenco debacle - too bad it's spreading to other tracks I hope Sankukay is trying to prove some sort of point and not just being a wanker...
    Last edited by mic-dk; 18th May 2010 at 04:31 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

This happening explains why somebody has been deleting themselves from peoples friends lists at the same time SanKuKay_81's glitched records appearing.

I guess this is a sort of "Stuff you- I told you this would/could happen" response of sorts.
    Pity, I'll think they will regret it in the long run.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    He has obviously told AKfurtif who has used the glitch as well [which surprises me as AKfurtif is good enough already not to need to use glitches],
    Yes, like on moa reverse
    AkFurtif uses all means to see his name on top of the boards (it's a pity because he's good yes ). but he also tries to hide his glitched records by slowing a bit before he passes the final line. We were suspicious about some of his WR and we asked him kindly video proofs. He went upset and erased lot of people from his friendlist (guilty guy behaviour). Sankukai appears after talon junction's WR made by Akfurtif (21.50 with 7 speedpads among 13 possible ??? loooool). I can guess who Sankukai is and i see what he wants to show. Studio Liverpool's beta testers are noobs and the devs neglicted lot of defects in the game .
    More than half of the tracks have glitched unfortunately.
    But i'm still surprised how it was that long that people react on this problem.
    Moa reverse's glitch is well known from several months and a video of it exists, but people prefered to cry after the bsb trick (only usefull to the experts) than on the glitches problems ! :rolleyes On sol2, w5lx is one second in front of phaeton or xbarnsternx, he must be very skillfull then !
    This problem is very difficult to manage IMO, and i loose some interest on numerous tracks of HD (that's why i do some pulse's speedlaps recently), and i wonder now if the famous shortcuts on chengou reverse, ubermall f & r or moa are legit !

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

I think the popular shortcuts are legit since everyone uses them and they don't have a 1/100 success chance... just the ones where you fly through the tracks and into 'nothingness' like on the moa glitch (as seen in the video) are the bad ones.

It's a shame the leaderboards and glitches haven't been fixed. Sony only cares to update our games with new ads. It's like they're trying to kill the already small WOHD community with no fixes and more ads (or using us as testing grounds).

Thankfully the vast majority of us are honest and we get to use Connavar's greate site. Plus, it sort of provides pleasant surprises when doing single races... you check your time and see you just managed to set a rank 70 time, you think: "Oh man, I was racing like a madman! I guess that's my limit." You then enter it one the site and see you're rank 5.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I think it can be a good thing if anyone here shows a video of his records when he beats significantly his previous pb or WR or has some strange amount of sp , new legit tricks are still possible to discover on many tracks !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    But i'm still surprised how it was that long that people react on this problem.
    Well, I don't do that many speed laps and usually not fast enough to worry about what happens in top 10 (or top 100 for that matter ) A few weeks ago I noticed the Sol2 one, but figured it could, possibly, somehow, be an extremely lucky Flyin' High thing. Then the week after the TJ one and thought exactly like you when I saw the amount of speedpads, but forgot to mention it here. Now Amphiseum yesterday.

But I guess the ones, like you, that actually compete in top 10 has given up fighting this a long time ago and accept the rankings page as fact(?).

Like on the tracks, I can be equally slow in RL

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Fortunately, connavar is aware of those glitch possibilities so his site is clean
    then i didn't gave up yet on competing on some tracks, my camera will be on if i find some cool stuff !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Quote Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
    Thankfully the vast majority of us are honest and we get to use Connavar's greate site.
    Sankukai is the most honest guy for WOHD records.
    He was fed up by Akfurtif behavior, who broke online WOHD rank board using glitches.

Oh, don't try to contact him via PSN, I think this account doesn't exist anymore.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

How long since the first glitched time went up?
    I didn't had a PS3 for over a month so there was no way of me seeing the records until a few days ago.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I first noticed Sankukai's name on the leaderboards about a month ago, IIRC.

It's really frustrating seeing glitched times posted on them... there are so many people that don't use Connavar's site it makes some records hard to distinguish whether or not their time is real, someone posing with an extra psn id, or a glitched time.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

At least TT is clean-ish

I think MoaR may be in danger though...the loop glitch is very easy with Icaras+

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

true ! i almost did it online recently

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Quote Originally Posted by Temet View Post
    Sankukai is the most honest guy for WOHD records.
    He was fed up by Akfurtif behavior, who broke online WOHD rank board using glitches.
    Heh, I seem to get my white and black hats mixed up then. I'm just crossing my fingers that the glitches won't spread too far, but I guess I'm being naive.

Timezone
    GMT -5

The little glitches are lame. I don't wanna try any more because I know I can't beat the glitched times.