Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Faster Than Angels

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Fresh iron to melt? Always welcome.

BTW Saramica and I were working on a new character, who will play a major role in l certain events that already happened in 1917. No more spoiler

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Awesome!

A few miles from Firestar. My adress is 1 Mars St. Mars, ZIP code 11111
    Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SuperHuman33

O.K. here I go... If there's some continuity error, keep in mind I'm on part 4 and still binge reading.
    *For optimal reading enjoy, please listen to the following* Faith No More - Stripsearch

Syncline R/I

Nikole Maliina Carole
    Born October 13, 2139
    Director, Instructor

While most people see her as a fine Auricom lead pilot, friends of great legends like Natasha Belmondo, and one of the many rebels who assisted in the shutting down of the F9000, others speak of suspicion around a notorious spy with past connections to Overtel. They bring up her history of playing people for a fool, probably only using the purist movement for her own needs.

These people bring up strange behavior throughout the earlier leagues. When the FX300 formed, Carole (under the much catchier alias 'Nic Carlo') jumped back to the seat of Auricoms' craft, gracing the spotlight as lead pilot; a veteran in a world of rising newcomers. It seems her bitter story as a puppet to a higher power had ended, and this redemption brought forward a true champion.

Years later, as Auricom announced it's roster, fans were surprised to see the great Fin disappear from the ranks. They announced the event as a simple retirement, a chance to pursue other goals. Carole, on the other hand, was completely silent. Instead of frequenting interviews, thankful of her second chance at a fruitful career, she instead fled to a custom built bio-dome on Mars, hiding from the limelight.

This paranoia did not mix well with the allegations of corruption that developed as the league continued. When the escalating plot surrounding Crinale was brought up in conversation, one would occasionally bring up Carole, unsure of her true motives. Those more speculative have their eye on the newest team in the league, who Carole seems to have found some interest in.

Johan Webber
    Born April 11, 2170
    Founder, Lead Technician

Growing up in the small, desert town of Joshua Tree, California, Mr. Webber was always described as “blunt” or “logical”, seemingly without passion in his life whatsoever. He was labeled a nerd in school, having a rear gleam in his eye during math and science classes throughout school. Of course, no one is completely without passion, Johan was just a bit to distant from all the drama life presents itself with.

Do to his exceptional grades, he had no problem entering collage and getting an eight year degree, and he relished every minute of it. As implied by the subject matter, he had his sights set on the world of AG racing, learning every nook and cranny about engines, aerodynamics, weapons, airbrakes, programming, alloys, anything remotely related Anti-Gravity.

His following early career was, while not historical, successful in a way. He made a living as a freelance engineer for various AG teams, assisting their developments in whatever way they needed him. While this kind of worker was common among rookie teams trying to get their foot of the ground, Johan was a bit different. He was so well researched in his field, that even the biggest names in the league sought after his services.

As he became more and more notable, it became clear that Mr. Webber was not only most well researched, but also had a history with nearly every team in the league. And yet, right as people started to notice just how much information he could supply to a high enough bidder, Johan stopped with his work. His skills with mechanics and diplomacy had gotten him all that he wanted all along; the knowledge and resources to start what he hoped would be true threat to those he previously guided.

Tsukiko Katsuo
    Born October 9, 2191
    Lead Pilot

Among the remote mountains of Japan, there exists an urban legend of a ghost vehicle, whizzing by unsuspecting travelers with so much velocity that they can barely realize what they saw was an anti-gravity ultra-craft. Traffic officers would have no chance of making pursuit, and when they request back up no trace is ever seen of this ghost pilot.

This is non-sense. Ghosts aren't real. The pilot in question is simply common street racer Tsukiko Katsuo. She fancies herself a gambler as well. Other's who frequent the underground racing scene recall being shown a decent amount of money by Kat herself. She would then give them the phone number of a phone booth in another town. If they don't get a call from that number in one hour, they get the money. The second outcome spoke for itself.

They all agree, even putting they're honer on the line, as the town was just plain impossible to reach in merely an hour. The distance grow over time; 300 km, 400 km, 600km, and yet she never lost. Now she has her sights set on the AGRC, possibly bored of the empty roads she's used to, ready to lead Syncline wherever it may go.

Hal Erikson
    Born July 22, 2188
    Second Pilot

Has earned the status of “Nordic Warrior” by frequenting martial tournaments at the young age of 16. His studies of combat and Norwegian folk lore show that he's more than a violent maniac. As unconventional as his hobby seems to be, he is an artist. Contrasting to Kat's traditional racing style, Hal sees no shame in using weaponry in AG Racing, as a matter of fact, it's the weaponry of the sport, restricted to just enough to make an impact, that drew Hal in. He shuddered to wonder what skill would be required from him to pierce a dagger so perfectly at 900 kph.

Although, he is not without his “outbursts”, yet, a few consider even those to be a noble trait. One famous account involves a classic scenario, robbery at knife point. A crook ran up to him demanding all of the money on his person. Hal growled back with such aggression and dominance to make the thief feel victimized for trying to rob the wrong man. In a panic, he charged with his knife, and a swift grappling motion resulted in his elbow being bent backward. Hal's final move was to call and ambulance and wait for the authorities to do their job from here.
    Last edited by BardicSMG; 12th February 2015 at 04:21 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Quote Originally Posted by BardicSMG View Post
    Among the remote mountains of Japan, there exists an urban legend of a ghost vehicle, whizzing by unsuspecting travelers with so much velocity that they
    Brandon, we got another one! XD

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SuperHuman33

What? What happened? WHAT DID I DO?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I just thought you were running in the 90s.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SuperHuman33

I was born in '95. Clearly I'm far too young to understand any of what is happening.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Well, I'm born in 1998, but I see, you don't know the reference

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SuperHuman33

Does it have to do with vampires? It's a Buffy reference, isn't it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

The coldest guess on earth.
    It's a Initial D reference, a anime series about Japanese street racing. The locals were referring to the Ghost of Akina, a old AE86 driven by the main character.
    Just like Tsukiko Katsuo.
    "We have another one" was referring to the fact that Brandon (Ace3000) and I (also some others here) are fans of the series, while "Running in the 90s" is a music track that is almost iconic for the series.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SuperHuman33

I still feel like vampires was an educated guess. Well, I've got a show to look up now.

Katsuo is actually loosely based on a video game character, but the game is so unrelated that the description above would have no hope of shedding light. Maybe once she's put in action, it'll be easier to guess.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Part 54: Battle

[part removed]
    Last edited by Jonny; 6th December 2021 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Ah, he flies a F-122, not a Typhoon-10

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Oh wow so much happened.

First off, nice team, Bardic. I'm assuming Dark Red and Purple are your team colours (considering you used those colours)?

Second, you just inadvertantly made us Initial D fans very happy.

Third, say hello to another '95er. (Me, hi!)

Fourth, I may edit a part I've already made (but haven't uploaded, and won't do for a long time) to fit one of your characters in. Don't worry, they won't meet and converse. In fact, it'll just be like "oh they're there. Oh, they're gone." Something like that, but not exactly. It'll be better than that.

And finally, that was a pretty epic part Jonny.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SuperHuman33

1. Yes, it is! You solved the puzzle!

2. Hey, we already have Ace Combat and Ridge Racer, what's one more? Actually, my character creation processes often consists of ripping off someone else and changing at least 50% so that no one notices, which happens to be for all four members of Syncline. In fact "what's one more" happens to be from one of the things that I ripped off.

3. Do you plan on getting drunk in a year? (haven't decided, myself. probs not)

4. Great! Don't screw it up! JKlol, it's more or less your story anyway (don't want to deny credit from Snake, Sara, and Jonny). I haven't decided on absolutely everything, anyway. I at least want to get caught up before I do anything ultra cereal.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SuperHuman33

Some basic logo work. Not increadible, but it should get the idea across
    http://i61.tinypic.com/wu16oy.jpg
    http://i61.tinypic.com/99ki81.jpg

I also made some ship details, but before I do, a cryptic message (no, I'm no pulling a J.J. Abrums, I know exactly where I'm going with this).

Syncline R/I
    V.ult-2X1024

Speed=90
    Trust=50
    Handling=75
    Shield=85
    Lat. Stabilaty=80
    Firepower=75
    Build= Semi-Tri Haul

Looking at the craft, it's easy to see it's biggest flaw, as it may be the heaviest in the league. However, it's engineered with this in mind, using it's extreme inertia to it's advantage, making it both "immovable" and "unstoppable".

A Semi-Tri Haul is similar to a Single Haul, with "half-hauls" attached closely to the side, slightly elevated. As the craft turns, it will tilt to the corresponding side, and the half-haul on that side will activate. It effectively simulates the effects of a banked corner, as well as limiting the influenced caused by other weapons.
    Last edited by BardicSMG; 12th February 2015 at 04:22 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I live in Australia, so I could legally drink since 2013. But I'm not really that much of a drinker.

Also, that craft seems to be based on the FX300 Triakis, heavy, fast and with something to help it turn.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 10th February 2015 at 12:37 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Here in Germany you are alowwed to drink soft stuff when you are 16, but beside wine on that birthday or a single Pilz with my father, I'm not into getting drunk.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SuperHuman33

o yea, i forgot most people on this thread are european. how american of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3000 View Post
    Also, that craft seems to be based on the FX300 Triakis, heavy, fast and with something to help it turn.
    that was an accident. it just so happens that fast and heavy is my favorite kind of craft.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Snake is British, I am German, saramica is Italian, you are 'murican and Brandon is Australian. It's quiet mixed here ^^

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Snake is British
    Did someone call me?

Kinda rare I go inactive on here, must turn this around with an announcement that I have plans to write a short Flying with Dragons follow up soon, its gonna be sweet

In the mean time, must go back to coursework -_-
    Geology...............................why???
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 10th February 2015 at 04:56 PM.