Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 video's from the preview build..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Paradoxx

I prefere the female voice in Wipeout3. In Wipeout3 it sounds more... "computer"... and more sensual at the same time.
    ...But amazing render ! I'm ready to make my come back and fly at the top of the rankings on Wipeout HD...

Ah. Self-confidence. Or something..
    Considering the accomplishments of other French players, self-confidence may be justified. Although you're from a different part of France than the Free French Flyers.

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

Time for someone to go against the flow, I LOVE the HD HUD, I think it's brilliant and one of the best in the series. Keep up the good work!
    btw, welcome to the zone paradoxx

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I like it too.

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

Am I the only one noticing a strange connection me and mdhay are having
    It's like were almost the same person.
    I'm getting suspicious...

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Holy shi-

What are you suggesting?
    Last edited by mdhay; 21st March 2008 at 11:35 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

having just watched a couple of the videos... I can see myself playing a LOT of zone mode.. it's like everything that made zone great already, plus some of the best bits of audiosurf mixed in there too

the hud design I thought was weak previously... in play it's fine. and it's not too far from the screen edges.. I am concerned about how much it moves around though.. I like how it blurs out for a moment on impacts.

some of the fonts (esp on the start/finish sign) look out of place. are these placeholders? or was clarity deigned to outweigh aesthetics?

the motion blur and most of the sounds are great... though then engine sound when passing a neighbouring ship sounded a bit weak...

the duration on shields and on APs is considerably shorter?

the woman's voice is great I particularly like how it sounds like she's growling the weapon names when it's a warning, but sounds excited/friendly you're activating a shield or AP, or completing a lap. The countdown guy sounded out of place to me.

some of the new weapon sounds (particularly placing a bomb) are awesome.

I'm not too keen on the flaming ship... but I am struggling to think of a better way to indicate visually that the quake had upset something badly enough that it needed time to recover.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Shield distortions? Sparks? Anything is better than flames - but then it doesn't really bother me...
    I also noticed the font on the start/finish sign, and although I don't mind it, it does seem kinda out of place. (but actually I like that better than the HUD font)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

My opinion about the start/finish line font: The best
    Seems to be something simple like Arial or Helvetica. And I like that. I'm not too much a fan of these cyber-future-space-fonts if you know what I mean.
    Stylistic fonts can look great, sure, but I rather stick to my beloved Helvetica than to some over-used artisitic font.
    I imagine WOHD to have the 3.2.1.GO font in the menus as well (take a look at the website, it's used there too) so it's not out of place.

Actually I would like to see more of those simple and clean fonts (SL could replace the huge "Sebenco" at Sebenco Climb with a more fitting font for example).

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

I'm not suggesting anything, I'm not adopted or at least I don't think so...

what colour's your hair mdhay?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

@Max: 100% agreed.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by omega329 View Post
    I'm not suggesting anything, I'm not adopted or at least I don't think so...

what colour's your hair mdhay?
    Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    I'm not too keen on the flaming ship...
    That's work in progress. The mines look better now, too. The ones I did were a bit too metallic and hard to make out.

PSN ID
    technicolour

I like the flaming ship, i believe it adds to the intensity of the speed infact, it made it look and feel faster. That said I think that the flaims should be on different parts of the ship too, not just the main cockpit, but also the engines, airbreaks and weapons systems, at random or something.

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    Brown.

This is getting a little too creepy for my liking...

PSN ID
    Axellink

This game is really starting to look very good. It seems like it's time to get rid of the Xbox and bring in the PS3 to sit next to my Wii. Not point having a 360 and PS3

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I like pretty much everything I've seen, OK the Assegai looks 'different' but still good, I agree about that flaming ship effect that has to go guys, really.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Paradoxx

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Ah. Self-confidence. Or something..
    Considering the accomplishments of other French players, self-confidence may be justified. Although you're from a different part of France than the Free French Flyers.
    My nickname was "Free Division" and I've put some scores on the official ranking of Wipeout Fusion. I'm not a god but I hope I can be a competitor in the future .

I have Wipeout Pure on PSP, but I'm not a fan of Wipeout on this kind of machine, then, since Wipeout Fusion I'm waiting for the new game that can makes me come back in the race. That's one of the reason I have a PS3 too... I'm "Wipeout HD" ready ^^ !

(My PSN id is Paradoxx... )

Timezone
    GMT -6

Oh my freakin' gourd.... I just saw the vids and Zone mode's "music tracks" are breath-taking....

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Great vids, made me want a PS3&Wipeout HD pretty bad...but i'll propably be happy with mah WO3SE&2097