Thread: Could be a major update this weekend [end of July]

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default Could be a major update this weekend [end of July]

I hadn't see any progress report here or at the R8 forum, so my last resort was to have a look at R8's page on the much loathed by me, Facebook.

This is a copy of what was posted on the 17th July.

THE BIG JULY UPDATE!

As you may or may not have noticed – we have been quiet on the various forums. That’s because we have been very busy preparing a significant update, which will be available through steam by the end of the week.

The update will include (along with lots of game refinements):

- Multiplayer
    - Singleplayer
    - Garage
    - 4 Tracks
    - 3 Craft
    - 4 Weapons
    - Better handling
    - Better AI

Our intention is to justify the price on Early Access by giving you half the game (alpha) – the price represents 50% off the full RRP so you can still grab a bargain.

We will continue update the Steam build with general gameplay tweaks and quality refinements, but we are going to switch our strategy now to work much more closely with the TPP people – to refine remaining content (which will be available exclusively for TPP people) right up until release across PC & Consoles for early 2017.

We will be reaching out very soon to make sure the TPP are fully engaged with the plan and we will open up the doors to recruit more TPP members as early adopters of multiplayer shortly.

We need to get things right that’s for sure and we have grown the project organically from day one. Please be a little more patient as we move through the final stages, we are confident the game will be everything you have imagined and a whole lot more.

Timezone
    GMT -8

hi BW

You got in before me - my bad - we've been testing the poop out of this thing in the studio and elsewhere. It's clearly not the full release and is still in EA but it's a massive step forward especially with multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I hadn't see any progress report here or at the R8 forum, so my last resort was to have a look at R8's page on the much loathed by me, Facebook.

This is a copy of what was posted on the 17th July.

THE BIG JULY UPDATE!

As you may or may not have noticed – we have been quiet on the various forums. That’s because we have been very busy preparing a significant update, which will be available through steam by the end of the week.

The update will include (along with lots of game refinements):

- Multiplayer
    - Singleplayer
    - Garage
    - 4 Tracks
    - 3 Craft
    - 4 Weapons
    - Better handling
    - Better AI

Our intention is to justify the price on Early Access by giving you half the game (alpha) – the price represents 50% off the full RRP so you can still grab a bargain.

We will continue update the Steam build with general gameplay tweaks and quality refinements, but we are going to switch our strategy now to work much more closely with the TPP people – to refine remaining content (which will be available exclusively for TPP people) right up until release across PC & Consoles for early 2017.

We will be reaching out very soon to make sure the TPP are fully engaged with the plan and we will open up the doors to recruit more TPP members as early adopters of multiplayer shortly.

We need to get things right that’s for sure and we have grown the project organically from day one. Please be a little more patient as we move through the final stages, we are confident the game will be everything you have imagined and a whole lot more.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

All cool, I sort have a 6th sense on when you guys are going to have a update, so I do the rounds to see what's happening.

I saw the post that R8 / FF has PS4 accreditation, which is where I think most of your sales will come from, based solely on the premise that as Wipeout was predominantly a PlayStation only title, FF being sold as a successor, this is where most of the interest will come from.

4 Tracks wouldn't be enough to warrant a Disc release, but I really think this is what's needed to have maximum visibility, nothing like seeing a game on a shelve in a store to actually 'Know' it exists.
    I just look at new game releases, then look at FF prospects.
    Having FF released as a small 4 track, AG racer game initially at the PStore would be a mistake IMHO, it would disappear quickly like a lot of small new games without any fanfare [and few sale] unless a huge surge of word by mouth sales

Timezone
    GMT -8

hi BW

The plan is to have a full release on PC, PS4 and XB. Common sense would say that most sales would come from the Sony side but who knows. I'm guessing many former PS1 people now have both consoles for various games they're into.

To clarify, the upcoming build on Steam is not our final release and it will not go out on consoles until then. Having said that, we're play testing the game intensively right now and it's almost a viable "full" product even with 4 tracks and 3 craft. Not our intention but it gives a good feeling of what we're going for as a WIP "vertical slice" of the final product.

I'm getting a Rutger Hauer Blade Runner moment ("...the things I've seen") thinking about what less than 50% of the game can do.

You'll get an update as soon as it goes to Steam. fwiw it won't be this weekend but should be next week.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    All cool, I sort have a 6th sense on when you guys are going to have a update, so I do the rounds to see what's happening.

I saw the post that R8 / FF has PS4 accreditation, which is where I think most of your sales will come from, based solely on the premise that as Wipeout was predominantly a PlayStation only title, FF being sold as a successor, this is where most of the interest will come from.

4 Tracks wouldn't be enough to warrant a Disc release, but I really think this is what's needed to have maximum visibility, nothing like seeing a game on a shelve in a store to actually 'Know' it exists.
    I just look at new game releases, then look at FF prospects.
    Having FF released as a small 4 track, AG racer game initially at the PStore would be a mistake IMHO, it would disappear quickly like a lot of small new games without any fanfare [and few sale] unless a huge surge of word by mouth sales