Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.30 update complaints

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

My one that messed up was the first one I did too. If it's only the problem with the one ghost then it's not too bad. Folks can just back the one up and then restore it and hopefully it will be fine. Although I think it's good to take this opportunity to advise people to backup all their data as any game update/glith can cause major problems.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    Leungbok - Is yours and/or Pirahpac's messed up ghost on the first track you tried or is it just a completely random occurence?
    Yesterday, i made a short session of speedlaps, on sol 2 first, beating my record and saving a new ghost without any problem. And after i made a try on metropia reverse, and i found my ghost (normally a 0.19.28 ) easy to pass oO. And always easy to pass (no upgrade of ghost in fact). So i went on the save data folder to see that my fast ghost was replaced by a new one, much more slow and impossible to upgrade.
    Pihrapac had the same glitch on the same track.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Hmm, ok. Seems pretty random then. I'll back everything up. Thanks.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

My Icaras 1.48.00 record on Anulpha shows up as Goteki on the track. So it's a Goteki ship model following my Icaras line.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Well after skimming through 14 and a bit pages of what looks to be frustrated wipers I'm kinda shocked. Yes, this patch has introduced a lot of small yet very gaming affecting bugs such as the microlag spikes, more dead weapon pads, and others. Yes this makes us all angry but I highly doubt that SL had intended for these and will ignore them so have faith and patience fellas.

However what I'm shocked at is the number of people who dislike the changes to the handling and ship stats. Yes its kinda annoying after having played with these ships for so long and then all of a sudden having them all changed, but I've got no serious issue with this. In fact I enjoy it more now, since I no longer see a server stacked with the same old ships. I played BF2 for the PC and through 1.0-1.42 DICE balanced the hell outta certain items completely changing major gameplay elements. Regardless of this though, the community learned to adapt and stuck with it. No offense to you all but it seems that you all are just to stuck on how the game was and not wanting to change. I understand how its frustrating to see your fav ship not how it was, but balancing is the nature of online games. Those who want can give up and go cry in a corner and never play WO again, those that don't can go on and enjoy the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I'm sure if it were just, for example, that FEISAR was a little less twichty and Harimau had a little more thrust then most would be fine with it. But,officially there are no changes to the handling. The fact that it is very inconsistent too is worrying. Some people are noticing it more, some not at all. I think this may be causing more annoyance for a lot of people. The inconsistency in the online game now makes it hard to adjust even though we keep trying.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The problem of the change with the ship handling is that it is inconsistent.

I mainly use AG Systems and have had races where it is almost back to normal,others where it is unwieldy in comparison like Assagi or Feisar and yet others where it has made it handle exactly like Icarus or Triakis

It's like the game is loading the wrong handling stats for the chosen craft.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I've noticed similar things, and at the risk of sounding crazy, I swear at one point my goteki's handling changed completely mid-race. I even mentioned it in the chat-box at the time. It was very strange indeed. I'm probably just going slowly insane. That's a nice easy explanation. I'll take it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Well blackwiggle, if thats the case then that is more along the lines of a glitch rather then a change in gameplay by SL, to which case I would agree with the annoyance. This is unknown though so I will take it at face value for the time being till the time when they release 1.31 or 1.4.

I have noticed it though, racing some great wiper (name escapes me) but he was using goteki and pulling away from me while I was using mirage. This was happening on ALL tracks and while im not a great wiper im far from a push over either. He was pulling off 5 second wins so unless he was just piss ass lucky and picking up two or three turbos a race I don't see that. That said, I enjoyed racing him since I had to try and push myself to see if I could catch up and managed to for a couple of races before I had to stop.

oh and saturn, we are all going slowly insane ^-^
    Last edited by RedScar; 14th April 2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: gram.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Disclaimer: If the enormous humorous smiley is not enough, this ^ is sarcasm. I just don't want any misunderstandings.
    lol - ive never really understood why people get so brushed up over your posts dude - the disclaimer gave me a little giggle, though

These bugs sound horrible! Im almost GLAD i dont have access to the game for now...seems like a whole bunch of code got broken in the update? Its unfortunate - i can imagine that after working so hard on something, only to see it get slandered because its mysteriously fallen apart would be pretty gutting...

im sure SL are definitely diving headfirst into this one, if there seems to be this much trouble.

RedScar - im sure that 99% of the problems are glitches, rather than changes - hasn't Colin already said there were no changes? im sure i read that somewhere.
    Last edited by The Gracer; 14th April 2009 at 11:28 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I messaged somebody yesterday,I think it was Guggle or it might of been Yeldar.

Anyway,I'm not sure if what we are seeing now regarding so called glitches,might in fact be some sort of code leak through that was in the update,but is actually meant for the up coming DLC .

The ships might be picking up code that is meant for new craft that do not yet exist in the game,likewise for the snowed out appearance that has occurred, that apart from Elhabib and myself nobody else seems to have happened to,this could be caused by a "changing weather" code that again not presently supposed to be implemented in the game.

Just something to ponder

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Well im all for SL releasing the promised DLC, but I would rather the problems that 1.3 have created be fixed first.
    Sheesh, its the day of bad patches, first 1.3 in WOHD then 3.1 in WoW

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Actually have a bit of a beef now.

It's not just the dead weapon pads (at least one or two per race), but running over ones that are working, getting the little 'weapon/pickup acquired sound', but receiving no weapon whatsoever.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Ok. I'm absolutely not the kind of guy who likes to complain about everything. I mean, my save crashed in January, my PSN id crashed for online mode in february... Ok, no probs. But now? I don't recognize AT ALL this game online. I mean, there's no more fun at all for me. I personally don't like racing with half, or 2/3 of the weapon pads not working or worse, turned off. I don't like the American truck handling of my Icaras (7/10 in handling, just to be clear). When I'm pushing the airbrakes, I'm waiting for a response of my ship. When I'm pushing left-right-left, I want a BR (in a BR/on race). Connavar, if I have to make left-right-left-right-left-right-left-right to do it, I say no way. Last night on Astral I had the feeling to fight against the game itself, more than against the other pilots. When you're racing aces, there's no place for handling or weapons hazard. I needed perfect racing conditions to compete with Greenix, Asa, Yeldar, G-S, Nyctalopian and so on. I haven't the skills to handle a race in these conditions. I see no point AT ALL to adapt to this s**t. I lived awesome moments with you guys online. I spent entire week-ends enjoying great fights. I don't feel that anymore. I've never played the lottery, I won't begin today.
    Last edited by kanar; 15th April 2009 at 07:37 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Kanar - I agree with that entire post... Sadly.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Yeah me too. I'm not sure what it is that causes the problem but recreating the server seems to work pretty much evey time.

@kanar: it was sad that you felt you couldn't race, the first tournament became ridiculous. 0 weapons in races 6-11 for me. After round 1 was done I asked nycta to restart the server (create a new one etc...) and everything was perfect . I think next time we should have a chat box open so if everyone agrees that the weapons/BRs aren't working then we can remake the server and pick up where we left off (record the points from the races so far blah blah....) I hope it's better for you next time

Default Handling and weapon issues

Hi everyone, I'm Paul Tweedle one of the Producer's from Studio Liverpool and I worked with the team on the V1.30 Online Ranking patch. Anyone who has enjoyed any of the previous Wipeout games on any format should recognise my name.

I thought I had better chime in here to address the most pertinient of "complaints". There are a lot of contradictory reports about the ship handling and weapon distributions having changed. Some of you are convinced we've monkeyed around with everything and some of you are noticing no change at all. Well I can confirm to you all that we have made absolutely NO CHANGES whatsoever to either the handling or weapon distributions. I have spoken to the team this morning to confirm that this is definitely true and it is. The V1.30 patch did not contain any data relating to either ship stats or weapon pick-ups. One user suggested we have used this patch to "level the playing field" among Wipeout HD players but we, like you, are perfectly happy with the gameplay in HD and would be crazy to mess around with it at this stage. We love playing it too remember.

I also want to assure you we do listen and, as Colin has said in another thread, it is not normally the team's job to directly communicate with the fans but, for Wipeoutzone.com, we make exceptions, because we understand and appreciate how important you guys are to this game franchise.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for a while.

Hope this message has put your minds at ease and you can get back to enjoying your racing, thanks for playing,

Paul.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

First, thank you a lot for this input. But I'm not crazy. I hate myself such things as polemics. So I would say : Ok. So ALL my issues are probably due to my awful PING. I have some Leungbok's ghosts to hunt anyway, & a great mode named zone to play.

my apologies to SL for my cruel words.
    Last edited by kanar; 15th April 2009 at 11:12 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Thanks for your reply Paul.

We are defiantly not imagining the change in gameplay that is appearing whilst online,both of the craft handling and particularly the even increasing number of races with non functioning weapons pads,the distribution of weapon pick up and the persistent glitches.

The glitches we put down to the spectator mode and the ability of players to join their friends while they are still racing.

But the other problems since the upgrade are obviously happening otherwise you would not be seeing such a response from the players.

Since you say these were not intentionally changed,why are they happening?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Just as a little off hand thing, http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...&postcount=158
    Remember this little gem?
    Anyway, if you check the fusion manual, Paul Tweedle is torlporl