Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic NG - Wipeout fan project

Timezone
    GMT -6

Will the high-res textures be released later on as an optional download?

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

I don't see why not, it would break the style of the game a bit when using them but it would be a nice little extra to have. I however don't have the high res textures myself to do that right now though, going to be getting the high res textures once Xpand has finished the last 2 ships.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Hurray!

One more question; how is Speed/Velocity (the latter including direction) being measured in Ballistic NG, KPH or M/S (the latter is the international scientific standard)?

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

2 more entrants to go! So excited to see all the teams ready for action.

To be honest, I'm not sure why m/s would need to be included in a racing game, despite being the SI unit. KM/H (and possibly a toggle to MPH) is much more relatable in everyday conversation anyway.

As for the High-Res, as long as it doesn't impact load times too much (not that it should necessarily), it'd be great to have that available.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I'm surprised nobody has asked me about my weapon ideas yet. I do feel that some of them could be adapted to Ballistic NG with a bit of work... since mainly they're just reworked versions of the existing weapons in some of the other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Thane Corrigan View Post
    Make that 1 to go
    Omnicom

http://i.imgur.com/IPHjM5Y.jpg

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

two more wallpapers have appeared
    again these will have been compressed by the forum, full files are coming later
    diavolt_wp.jpgwyvern_wp.jpg

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

Quote Originally Posted by Xpand View Post
    Make that 1 to go
    Omnicom
    Oh goodness, Omnicom. That purple! So tasty.

Also gotta say, following my suggestion through the Caliburn concepts, your decision to include carbon-fibre elements to some of the other teams is refreshing.
    In-universe, I imagine these teams are aware that a lot of unnecessary metallic parts will be heavy, so they're trying to cut down some of the weight for extra handling, knowing they can rely on the shields to protect those possibly more fragile parts.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    Hurray!

One more question; how is Speed/Velocity (the latter including direction) being measured in Ballistic NG, KPH or M/S (the latter is the international scientific standard)?
    It's KM/H like most racing games, I might add a MP/H option at some point in the future though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thane Corrigan View Post

To be honest, I'm not sure why m/s would need to be included in a racing game, despite being the SI unit. KM/H (and possibly a toggle to MPH) is much more relatable in everyday conversation anyway.

As for the High-Res, as long as it doesn't impact load times too much (not that it should necessarily), it'd be great to have that available.
    Yeah it wouldn't affect load times at all, at least enough to actually be noticeable. Loading times will be no longer then the anniversary build, maybe just a bit longer because it has to load lightmapping from an external file.

I'm looking at another release between Christmas and early January which will feature all of the ships. Once Xpand has finished the last one I just need to balance everything, add a few things to the game and I'll be looking at releasing after that. You'll be able to play on Aciknovae, Luna and 0x001.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

There. Not sure how you guys like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheXTR09; 5th December 2015 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Uploaded to Imgur for better processing. And also extra picture.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Some ways you could enhance the retro experience, in the form of optional post processing:
    http://ascii.textfiles.com/archives/3786

Making the game look more like it is on a CRT, with the options being toggleable for those who either just don't want it or who are playing on an <actual> CRT.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    Some ways you could enhance the retro experience, in the form of optional post processing:
    http://ascii.textfiles.com/archives/3786

Making the game look more like it is on a CRT, with the options being toggleable for those who either just don't want it or who are playing on an <actual> CRT.
    This look good for sure, I'm wondering how it will look in-game. Snake, you should try it if it's not too complicated.

And one more thing. I know it's early to say, but will there be any trailer, maybe after releasing all teams? I've got an idea that you can make trailer just about the racing league, that might be interesting.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Quote Originally Posted by Meg.A.Byte View Post
    This look good for sure, I'm wondering how it will look in-game. Snake, you should try it if it's not too complicated.

And one more thing. I know it's early to say, but will there be any trailer, maybe after releasing all teams? I've got an idea that you can make trailer just about the racing league, that might be interesting.
    Yeah I'm implementing graphics options now so I'll get to adding a CRT effect soon
    I'm planning on a trailer, just need to get the high res textures from Xpand so I can show off the teams in their full glory. Let me know what you've got in mind for a trailer, I plan to make a couple of the course of the game's development.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Edit:I forgot to include Diavolt in the video, you can see Diavolt from a link in the video's description.
    Last edited by bigsnake; 8th December 2015 at 07:20 AM.

The presentation looks nice. A bunch of ships really look very close to their WO counterpart IMHO. Like GTek Prototype which has the shape and color scheme (red/white) of AG-Systems, or Scorpio which has the shape and color scheme (yellow/black) of Goteki 45, just to name a few. I know the game is supposed to be close to WO, but is it intended to be that close? Mind me, it is not an accusation, it is a question ;)

Keep up the good work!

That's actually on purpose. The GTEK Prototype was based off an old concept drawing I had for an FX-200 AG-Systems (Which wasn't even supposed to be an official BNG ship).
    Last edited by Xpand; 8th December 2015 at 12:13 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Oh god, man! I totally didn't know to this point that these artworks and concepts were made by you! I've got a folder full of inspiration and some of those artworks are your's. It's been over 3 years since I got into research of wipeout ships and making my own but now I know who made a big chunk of my inspiration.
    (mindblow!)
    Last edited by Meg.A.Byte; 8th December 2015 at 01:24 PM.

*.* I'm so amazed right now haha Thanks!
    I never really thought those were worthy of serving as inspiration. I just made them for fun!

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

@TheXTR09

Personally, I dig everything in that except for the blood. It just looks out of place to me.

Figure out a way to show teeth, or the outline of such. But I feel the blood takes away from the fast and deadly aesthetic you're going for. Still, good work.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake View Post

Edit:I forgot to include Diavolt in the video, you can see Diavolt from a link in the video's description.
    Not only do they have ridiculously high-resolution textures, but those shaders are pretty rad as well... Will we be able to switch between that and PS1-style flat shading in the options?

By the way, what's up with using the Arrow Keys for people who don't have the luxury of using an actual controller? There's a very good reason most PC games since the late 90's use WASD for movement as opposed to the arrow keys.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 8th December 2015 at 08:04 PM.