Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the word...

okay

[even a moderator need moderating every once in a while]

Sorry Lance. Didn't mean to offend anybody. I meant to say lame/dumb

thanks

it's just that so many people say it without thinking, that it's automatically regarded as bad or wrong to be gay when in fact it's not a choosable option, you are or you aren't. or you're somewhere in between.

no worries, Asche

right... um.. anyway.. about the topic :roll:

the upgrade system gets a thumbs up from me, ive only upgraded the feisar to the top speed full and thrust full but i already get quite a good amount of speed just with that! the weapons are also pretty nice, i didnt like them at first but the missiles have a very wipeout 1 feeling, especially with the dirty explosions, which i really enjoy. the mines are okay but i wish they dropped faster when you held the button down. the rifle-type gun reminds me a lot of something from star wars, its pretty cool!

the game is a lot harder, i let some people who have never played wipeout ever try the game and they couldnt even get through the first lap of florian heights without blowing up! and that was with weapons and damage simulator off. wipeout 3 on vector was much more suited to their skills, i found. whats weird is that the damage simulator can be off but you still take damage from ramming the walls.. sup with that?!

what weirds me out is when someone uses the gravity weapon on you and you go FLYING off the track. and i dont mean falling off a ledge either, i mean like falling WAY below the level, so much so that all you see is the sky! it also cost me an ENTIRE lap once, when i respawned PAST the finish line, i was first and was on the second lap in about the middle of the snow track and then suddenly the gravity missile thing pulled me below and i spawned behind the finish line in 16th place! i had to really fight my way just to get to 14th! and i had 2 laps to catch up!

despite that i am having a lot of fun, especially since i figured out how to do the turbo start right every time. the ai is very challenging especially in the survivor challenges however i found out you can finish in 8th place and still pass the survivor challenge in gold so that kind of takes all the initiative out of it for me. the announcers voice still annoys me though :

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

yeah, the gravity bomb is buggy. It works both ways though. One time I got shot forward so far down the track I got like a 40 second lap at Mandrashee 3.
    It reminds me of the thunder bolt though, that was a good little weapon.

Whatever happened to the flying drone savior thingys?

I could pick this game apart for hours (like any other game), but I'd rather be playing it =)

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Shot down the track?

Sounds more like a turbo enforcer than a gravity bomb

It's not the Turbo Enforcer. The same thing happened to me a bunch of times, long before I unlocked any of the supers.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

sounds like it, but it's not. It wasn't multiplayer.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

from what i've played, it's quite good.
    exept for:
    the announcer's voice
    falling thru the floor
    ships being stuck to the track( i.e going off a huge dip wif the ship stuck to it)
    the pilot system

on the plus side, the ships can now take panel damage! yay!

Default The Game

Been outta the loop for a while, some of you guy (although very few) may know me as Curly_says_GO!! from the WipEout Fusion Forum. I picked up my copy of WipEout Fusion after not playing it for an age. I'd got my hands on a GameCube and an X-box and Splinter cell, Halo, Mario Sunshine and Eternal Darkness have been taking up my time along with Hitman 2 and the whole Unreal Tournament 2003 Editing. But I got back to playing it i realise it was worse than i remembered it. If i released a Unreal Tournament map with that many bugs and flaws I'd never get a job as a level designer. I guess i saw over that before cos it's wipeout but i'm sorry the sequal (if there is one) better be a whole lot better or liverpool Studio may look very stupid, i do not understand why more of the faults weren't spotted and shamed before i flew one of the russian courses ON MY SIDE! THE ENTIRE RACE! just by going off a ramp a wierd angle and the frame rate problem, well that more of the fact the playstation while in some people's opinion is not the weakest console (apparently thats the gamecube although i would contest this) it's the most inefficient of the "big three" currently on the market and thus cannot do the fancy trick the X-box can pull off.

James Stach
    aka Curly