Thread: Proper turbo usage in TT mode

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Default Proper turbo usage in TT mode

since you're given exactly 1 turbo per lap, it may or may not effect your lap time in different ways depending on where you use it. Where are the best places to use turbos? uphill? downhill? flats? jumps? just after or before any of the aforementioned track features? after slowing down a lot? does it even matter?
    I think it doesn't matter a whole lot, but I haven't been doing a lot of experimenting yet. But one thing I do know about turbo usage, it's better to do it along straights.

you can use 2 turbos per lap.. if you just use you turbo right before the finish line, then youll get another right after the start line, so your boost from the first one can be used on your second lap, so youll have 2 turbos

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

I know that trick, but where should you use the second turbo?

right before the finish line!

oh wait...

i use turbos whenever i have 2 slow down....

maybe just after a difficult turn or something.

I think turbo usage has its ultimate usage points on every track.. I like Florian Heights 3 Reverse a lot, ive played it many times in TT, ive found that different spots in the uphill section of the track in the beginning cuts off most time from your lap, dont use it in the beginning, but more like.. 1second before you go over the hill.. or use it at some jump and skip a curve or two.. but I dont like that

Use turbos over the blue speed-up pads. That way you'll maximize the thrust of the turbo. It also helps to press the turbo button hard, since the buttons are analog.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

But the question is, is it better to go faster over a longer distance, or really fast for a short distance?

Default use of turbo

on jumps to cut off corners. or around corners without using brake. just blast into the wall, no problem, you will go faster than using the brakes matey :x : :-? ops: : :wink: :roll: I am very emotiional tonight :roll:

Still bitter about that, Al?
    :wink: