Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

If we would see a new WipEout on PS3, I would be happy to see it in this graphics!

>> http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/a...p/t-11416.html

sorry to say, but that ain't gonna happen in at least 8 years from now. That kind of graphincs take just too much time to make. The irony is that we need time to make tools to make that kind of graphics in in a short period of time, otherwise, you can always count that someone will make photorealistic Wipeout, but expect it to be released in 2013, heh. My point of view is that there are more and more polygons shoved into games, and that takes place since the beginning of 3D gaming. Lately, however, meaning by the last 5 years, i can only observe some minor improvement in game visuals. It's all about more polygons, and that doesn't mean that graphics are always better.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

oh, no problem, I can wait 8 years more...

PSN ID
    o_fluff

I hate to burst you bubble also buth they are Xenon (xbox 2) renders.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Which only means PS3 games would look even better. ;)

Default being annoyingly logical

Ben, how do you arrive at that conclusion? X-box 1 images are more nearly realistic than PS2, aren't they? they looked really good to me, anyway on Project Gotham, for instance

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

As far as news from Microsoft and Sony go, XBox2 is scheduled to be released at the end of this year, whereas Sony apparently plans on hitting the market in 2006 with the next PlayStation. Now, one year of development can make a slight difference in performance, which is why I went to say PS3 games are going to look much better than XBox titles. I wasn't completely serious, though. :)

Ben

Good graphics are as much about artistic and coding ability as they are about the differences in hardware, though.

PGR2 on the XBox was pretty stunning, but I'd say the Gran Turismo 4 version of the 'Ring looks even better. On the other hand the XBox release of Mercenaries is much better looking, to choose a random multiplatform example.