Thread: Omega Collection Platinum Roadblocks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    skythian

I'm looking forward to utilizing these zone tips in 2048. You guys are awesome. With this forum even an old fart like me can have a chance of transcending (again).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kurlija

Honestly, the only real roadblock for me is a PSN+ subscription And I'm not willing to shell out for just one game, at least not yet.

I will say that elite passing the Altima zone event was the biggest hurdle for me by far. I eventually managed it by using AG-Sys Agility and trying my hardest to avoid any skillcuts.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlija View Post
    Honestly, the only real roadblock for me is a PSN+ subscription And I'm not willing to shell out for just one game, at least not yet.

I will say that elite passing the Altima zone event was the biggest hurdle for me by far. I eventually managed it by using AG-Sys Agility and trying my hardest to avoid any skillcuts.
    A note about Altima, the complex turns are harder for the skill cut just before the start line, but the skill cut is way easier to fudge. The non-skill cut route has a harder entry than the skill cut does around zone 40 or so. Problem is, if you aren't used to it, it is quite tricky. I recommend choosing one or the other to begin with and stick to it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kurlija

Thanks, I'll try it once I feel confident enough to give it a go again

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Alphalon

Does anyone have any tips for the Subway combat event in the 2049 grid? I'm consistently getting regular passes with the Auricom Prototype, but I can't seem to get 100 points, and I do even worse with the Qirex Fighter.

I used the Qirex Prototype and simply shot my way through the 100 points barrier with its only weapon, the cannon.

Got 104 points I think. Not that hard, just gotta stay with the pack at all times (behind everyone), be lucky (shoot already damaged opponents and destroy them) and patient (took me about 5-6 tries).

Also, you’ll notice the others tend to stay to the left at the fork and not take the underground tunnel.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

This one is just plain hard. Part of the reason is that the split divides traffic quite a bit, and it always seems random. I must have had a score of 99 about 6 times before finally getting 125 (I think that's what it was). I wound up sticking with the Qirex Fighter. The key here is wait for narrow spots to strategically land plasma bolts.

•I typically got at least one fired off right away before the split which almost always makes contact.

•After the ships break up a little bit, I went left, and the back right underground because of the narrow tunnel there. Also, you'll have a great line up for that next turn on the exit just before the first open air part of the track. Any ship that took the other route that lap will be passing by as you exit, so this is a great place to use a plasma as well.

•Having done this enough, I'm fairly positive the routes are pretty random, I think that adhoc might have just had a lucky streak. In my experience, there seemed to be no correlation whatsoever, so I just chose a route and stuck with it. If you can, try to force pilots over into your route on splits. Act as a barrier and nudge them over.

•I always went left (in the tunnel) as opposed to the open air route. That straight makes is hard to successfully use Plasmas there because of all the speed pads and the wide track. If you use the tunnels, it fusterclucks the ships up enough to deal some damage.

•I'm sure you are doing this already, but I always bomb the route I didn't take for each split if I had a defensive weapon near by.

PSN ID
    skythian

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwire View Post
    Does anyone have any tips for the Subway combat event in the 2049 grid? I'm consistently getting regular passes with the Auricom Prototype, but I can't seem to get 100 points, and I do even worse with the Qirex Fighter.
    Yeah, I can't beat this either. I've spent over 4 hours on it now over the course of 3 evenings. Seriously contemplating giving up on the platinum because of this. This race is awful. Any other tips? I've tried the Qirex prototype, but I always seem to score better with the Qirex fighter. I have been choosing left at all the forks. Gotten in the 90s several times but I can't break 100.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by skythian View Post
    ...This race is awful. Any other tips? I've tried the Qirex prototype, but I always seem to score better with the Qirex fighter. I have been choosing left at all the forks. Gotten in the 90s several times but I can't break 100.
    Seriously, use AURICOM prototype, it's the best Eliminator ship imho. Stay in the middle of the action and just spam weapons whenever possible. It doesn't matter, how many times you die. It'll still take some tries, but ultimately you'll succeed.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Quote Originally Posted by skythian View Post
    Yeah, I can't beat this either. I've spent over 4 hours on it now over the course of 3 evenings. Seriously contemplating giving up on the platinum because of this. This race is awful. Any other tips? I've tried the Qirex prototype, but I always seem to score better with the Qirex fighter. I have been choosing left at all the forks. Gotten in the 90s several times but I can't break 100.
    I used the Qirex fighter and spammed weapons. I stayed with the pack. If I found myself too far away I just raced until I caught up with most of the AI racers. If you get quakes maximize the damage it does by using it when everyone is clumped up preferably near the end of a lap when their health is low.